PDA

View Full Version : Game retrospective

TigerJ
11-09-2003, 08:38 PM
I watched the first three quarters of the Dallas game and caught all the scoring. A work commitment kept me from watching to the bitter end. Considering the present mood of fans and the probably state of the internal workings at OBD this is what I think of the game.

If the Bills had entered this contest at 5-3 pr better, most people inside and o utside of the Bills organization would have considered this a fairly solid effort by the Bills. There were some poor plays. In hindsight, Buffalo should never have had a pass play with minimal protection on an all out blitz on the play where DB fumbled, leading to the Dallas TD. There weren't that many really stupid plays though and Buffalo held their own for the most part vs. the team with the best defence in the NFL.

In other words, on the merits of this game alone, GW did not buy his ticket out of town. It wasn't a big negative. BUT, at this point in the season, GW is behind in the scoring (figuratively speaking) and needs to make positive impressions in a hurry. He didn't do that today. I still think a playoff berth is the price of continuing as the Bills coach. I thought to achieve that the Bills would have to go 6-2 in the second half of the season. If that's the case, GW now has to go 6-1 in his last 7 games, and the odds are growing longer against him staying as they grow longer against the Bills against the Bills making the playoffs.

Assuming the Bills dump GW after the season, I think it is games like the Jets game and the Philadelphia game, as well as the one-sidedness of the losses to KC and Miami that weigh most heavily against him, not the Dallas loss.

WG
11-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
...and the odds are growing longer against him staying as they grow longer against the Bills against the Bills making the playoffs.

It's not the only thing growing longer. TD and GW's noses are gonna be growing longer this week too. Also, the propaganda is gonna be flowin' like water soon. The Bills FO propaganda machine will have something growing longer too. Just make sure your hopes don't make you bend over "for the soap." Otherwise that FOPM will get ya. :D

Dozerdog
11-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Propoganda?

:rolleyes:

Cntrygal
11-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I watched the first three quarters of the Dallas game and caught all the scoring. A work commitment kept me from watching to the bitter end. Considering the present mood of fans and the probably state of the internal workings at OBD this is what I think of the game.

If the Bills had entered this contest at 5-3 pr better, most people inside and o utside of the Bills organization would have considered this a fairly solid effort by the Bills. There were some poor plays. In hindsight, Buffalo should never have had a pass play with minimal protection on an all out blitz on the play where DB fumbled, leading to the Dallas TD. There weren't that many really stupid plays though and Buffalo held their own for the most part vs. the team with the best defence in the NFL.

While I was really hoping that we would pull off a miracle, I'm impressed that it was a defensively competitive game. The commentators were saying something about the game not being exciting - I disagree.

The_Philster
11-10-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
While I was really hoping that we would pull off a miracle, I'm impressed that it was a defensively competitive game. The commentators were saying something about the game not being exciting - I disagree.

I disagree as well. Defensive football can be exciting as well.