Norenon On back To Back Game Nites Was a Stupid Idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Norenon On back To Back Game Nites Was a Stupid Idea.

That and When the Hell is Ruff Gonna realize that the Goalies arent the Major problem, its our Reject screw up defense..

they are letting the Opposistion take shots from their best points and positions. the goal cant stop EVERYTHING

this is Ludicris..

Ruff Needs to Practice D, D, D, D ,D ,D

The 2-1 Win over the Habs was Luck, The habs Proved that the Next nite.

Look At Pittsburg they have hte same Problem.
    Fluery Boy Made 40 Something Saves And they still lost 6-3 Because of the Offensive Positioning was not challenged Byt he Defense,

Yes I Had a Nice little week end Trip.
    But Coming home to this News and a Severely ****ed Up PC Doesnt Help My Mood :)

Cheers..
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Hey, Mike Keenan's avaialble now

Comment

• fushetti
      President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
      • Feb 2003

Skatezilla...what kinda rock you smokin?

Noronen played lights out on Friday. Why not give him the nod on Saturday?
      "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
      Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

I agree with Zilla. Shoulda played Biron in Montreal. He always plays well up there.

Comment

• fushetti
          President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
          • Feb 2003

I don't know EE. I thought we were trying to find a goaltender who can be our number 1. Noronen was rock solid on Friday.
          Biron looked like garbage against Atl. If he had played better, i'm sure he would've started on Sat knowing Ruff.
          "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
          Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

None of our goalies has ever played well in back to back nights. That's the whole purpose of having a backup goalie.

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
              • Feb 2003

Our problem is that we don't have a backup goalie, we just have a bunch of question marks
              N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• Myers57
                Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                • Sep 2003

Yea, its been a trend all throughout the season where goaltenders would play spectacular one night trying to win their way onto the starting roster, but are inconsistent and never put up a constant show...

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                  • Jul 2002

Ruff and Regier is a stupider idea. Yes stupider, that's how stupid it was. Not just plain stupid or more stupid or dumber. It was stupider.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
                    Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
                    • Oct 2002

It's not Ruff's fault that we have goalies that can make him look really good one night and really bad the next. I think Ruff is doing the best he can at handling the goaltending situation.. he goes with his gut and what he thinks will be best.. he tries to play the goalie who is the hottest.. even on back to back up nights.. sometimes it makes him look good (ie. Biron in LA and ANA) and sometimes it can backfire and a loss is the result. Then people will complain about fatigue being an issue.. when these same people were saying.. "You must play him.. he's hot" prior to. He can't predict which goalie shows up.. or what defense does.. or whether or not the offense will score a goal in a game. Face it.. sometimes the team makes him look bad. I honestly think, he's done the best he could under the given circumstances. I think we should cut Ruff some slack. I think he's doing the best he can.. and certain things happen that make people doubt him..

Example:
                    Some people will say.. "play Noronen again.. Ruff does so and they win.. everyone is happy and wants him to play again.. he plays him again.. he loses and everyone is like.. well he shouldn't have played him in the first place.. Biron does play well against Montreal after all.. damn Ruff.. he just can't handle the situation.."

Pffffffft.. this is something I've been seeing a lot of lately
                    ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

its not so much the goalies,
                      its Ruff Boys Noew Type Of defense, the positioning is totally off the wall and no one is where they are supposed to be..
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

The choice Saturday was to play Mika his second night in a row (yes he played well the night before) or play a fresh Biron in a place where he always plays well. If you play Biron, and he plays well, now maybe you can settle into a "normal" goalie rotation.

If you play a guy until he fails, guess what? He will eventually fail. The coach's job is to play the best player. In my opinion, Biron was the better choice for Saturday.

Comment

• Rude American
                          EE is my American Idol
                          • Jul 2002

I don't know the goaltending situation in Buffalo at all, but a coach shold ride the wave. If a guy's hot, play him.
                          You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Ð
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002

I don't understand what the issue is here. Most goalies play every night & get a day off every 2-3 weeks. This is the NHL, boys...they have to suck it up and be prepared to play every night if called upon. Are you saying that these guys are so physically/emotioanlly fragile that they blow their whole load on single games and have nothing left in the tank

Comment

• SkateZilla
                              • Dec 2002

biron is capable... he set the franchise record for longest shutout streak..
                              Skate Zilla
                              -----------------------
                              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                              X