X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Bench Bledsoe~Send In The Pill

Drew isn't getting it done. Infact, I'm tempted to say that his "abilities" and "talents" are losing us football games. I admit it, I thought Bledsoe was the best QB for this team, but now I'm begining to wonder.

The season is on the line, and he has given us several poor performances this season. It's time for a Bledsoe wake up call and it's time to sideline the weakest link. Put The Pill in against Houston. I'm pretty sure he couldn't do any worse.

If you put AVP in against Houston it forces two things;
    1)You eliminate the "strong arm", meaning the team has to rely on the run. (That's good, trust me!!);
    2) AVP is has a little more mobility than Drew. He will at the very least be able to avoid the primary surrgence from opposing defensive blitzes. Bledsoe just crumbles when a defenseman gets in his face.

Seriously.......What do we have to lose?
    Last edited by RedEyE; 11-09-2003, 11:37 PM.
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

One more to finally turn the corner. That Doug Flutie game must've made you see the light.

Bledsoe is a loser and we will never go anywhere with him as our QB.

Comment

• BillsFever
      Mr. Predictament
      • Feb 2003

Bledsoe won't be benched though. Let him finish out the year but we need to find a new QB next year.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Benching Drew would not make any difference. He is not the problem. Gilbride is. Drew's strong arm is irrelevant because each pass is between five and 10 yards. KG's trying to run a West Coast offense, but Drew is not a West Coast QB. He's a vertical QB; he'll do well if the Bills run first to set up deep play-actions, which KG refuses to do. It's completely wasting Drew's strengths as a QB -- and any WR talent (yeah, let a pro-bowler like Moulds run 5-yard slants all day!). And no QB can get out of the way of multiple blitzers who come in untouched, who know how to easily defend an offense that inspires absolutely no respect for the running game. Gilbride's offense gets QBs killed and guarantees defeat.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Actually you're not too far off with that Flutie remark. Bledsoe should be benched just like Brees was. I don't want to see him wiggle off the hook just to give us ACT II aganst the Texans. A weaker team that we should beat without difficulty at home. With the exception of Eric Moulds, if any other player on the team performed that poorly they would be riding the pine.

It's time to call out the vets and leaders of this team. Parcells wouldn't have any problem benching his ass.

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

1. Bledsoe won't be benched this year.

2. Bledsoe will be our starting QB next year.

Sorry to disappoint you, fellas.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun

One more year of this *****t? I'll keep my $800 for season tickets if that's the case.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Bench him!

Make no mistake, it's not you that's disappointed me.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I think we'll finally get a coach who utilizes our strengths.

At least I hope so.

The blame lies 90% with coaching, and the rest of the players can spread around the 10%.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                    Bench him!

Make no mistake, it's not you that's disappointed me.
                    I'm just saying it won't happen. It just won't. TD is not gonna bench a QB who he gave up a #1 for. And he certainly is not going to get rid of him in favor of starting someone else next year.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

At least I hope so.

The blame lies 90% with coaching, and the rest of the players can spread around the 10%.
                      I agree with that, but if a coaching change can't be made until after the season then what's left to do.

Benching Bledsoe for a game shouldn't be out of the question. He's played miserably the last 4 - 5 games and just isn't getting any better. A little time on the bench might do him some good.

Comment

• BillsFever
                        Mr. Predictament
                        • Feb 2003

At least I hope so.

He had Bellichek to utilize his strengths and failed with the same team Brady thrives with.

Drew hasn't had it for 4 years. The guy should retire after this year and save whatever face he has left instead of just going out and collecting his paycheck every week.

The coaching staff didn't tell him to cough the ball up instead of securing it. The coaching staff didnt' tell him to once again hold onto the ball too long and miss open WR's.

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                          The coaching staff didnt' tell him to once again hold onto the ball too long and miss open WR's.
                          Open WRs???? Were we watching the same game? I didn't see many.

Comment

• BillsFever
                            Mr. Predictament
                            • Feb 2003

Open WRs???? Were we watching the same game? I didn't see many.

One of the top of my head: Bobby Shaw running 5 yards in front of the defender and Bledsoe overthrew him by about 5 yards. If he completes tha pass it's a TD.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Gilbride's offense is not one in which receivers get "open." They run slants and outs within 10 yards, and the QB has to zip the ball to them in like 3 seconds. Unfortunately, Gilbride's offense lets the QB have just TWO seconds -- is that too long to hold onto the ball? Even Pop Warner defenses know by now that the way to defend a Gilbride offense is to storm the QB, because there's no running game to fear, and 5-yard slants and outs are pretty easy to defend one-on-one. It's a waste for the QB, RB and WRs.
                              BTW, Drew won the AFC Championship game 2 years ago against a pretty good defense because he actually got to throw the ball downfield.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X