PDA

View Full Version : Bench Bledsoe~Send In The Pill

RedEyE
11-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Drew isn't getting it done. Infact, I'm tempted to say that his "abilities" and "talents" are losing us football games. I admit it, I thought Bledsoe was the best QB for this team, but now I'm begining to wonder.

The season is on the line, and he has given us several poor performances this season. It's time for a Bledsoe wake up call and it's time to sideline the weakest link. Put The Pill in against Houston. I'm pretty sure he couldn't do any worse.

If you put AVP in against Houston it forces two things;
1)You eliminate the "strong arm", meaning the team has to rely on the run. (That's good, trust me!!);
2) AVP is has a little more mobility than Drew. He will at the very least be able to avoid the primary surrgence from opposing defensive blitzes. Bledsoe just crumbles when a defenseman gets in his face.

Seriously.......What do we have to lose?

BillsFever
11-09-2003, 11:12 PM
One more to finally turn the corner. That Doug Flutie game must've made you see the light.

Bledsoe is a loser and we will never go anywhere with him as our QB.

BillsFever
11-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Bledsoe won't be benched though. Let him finish out the year but we need to find a new QB next year.

Philagape
11-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Benching Drew would not make any difference. He is not the problem. Gilbride is. Drew's strong arm is irrelevant because each pass is between five and 10 yards. KG's trying to run a West Coast offense, but Drew is not a West Coast QB. He's a vertical QB; he'll do well if the Bills run first to set up deep play-actions, which KG refuses to do. It's completely wasting Drew's strengths as a QB -- and any WR talent (yeah, let a pro-bowler like Moulds run 5-yard slants all day!). And no QB can get out of the way of multiple blitzers who come in untouched, who know how to easily defend an offense that inspires absolutely no respect for the running game. Gilbride's offense gets QBs killed and guarantees defeat.

RedEyE
11-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Actually you're not too far off with that Flutie remark. Bledsoe should be benched just like Brees was. I don't want to see him wiggle off the hook just to give us ACT II aganst the Texans. A weaker team that we should beat without difficulty at home. With the exception of Eric Moulds, if any other player on the team performed that poorly they would be riding the pine.

It's time to call out the vets and leaders of this team. Parcells wouldn't have any problem benching his ass.

lordofgun
11-09-2003, 11:24 PM
1. Bledsoe won't be benched this year.

2. Bledsoe will be our starting QB next year.

Sorry to disappoint you, fellas.

BillsFever
11-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

One more year of this *****t? I'll keep my $800 for season tickets if that's the case.

RedEyE
11-09-2003, 11:28 PM

Bench him!

Make no mistake, it's not you that's disappointed me.

lordofgun
11-09-2003, 11:29 PM
I think we'll finally get a coach who utilizes our strengths. :up:

At least I hope so.

The blame lies 90% with coaching, and the rest of the players can spread around the 10%.

lordofgun
11-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Bench him!

Make no mistake, it's not you that's disappointed me.

I'm just saying it won't happen. It just won't. TD is not gonna bench a QB who he gave up a #1 for. And he certainly is not going to get rid of him in favor of starting someone else next year.

RedEyE
11-09-2003, 11:33 PM

At least I hope so.

The blame lies 90% with coaching, and the rest of the players can spread around the 10%.

I agree with that, but if a coaching change can't be made until after the season then what's left to do.

Benching Bledsoe for a game shouldn't be out of the question. He's played miserably the last 4 - 5 games and just isn't getting any better. A little time on the bench might do him some good.

BillsFever
11-09-2003, 11:33 PM

At least I hope so.

He had Bellichek to utilize his strengths and failed with the same team Brady thrives with.

Drew hasn't had it for 4 years. The guy should retire after this year and save whatever face he has left instead of just going out and collecting his paycheck every week.

The coaching staff didn't tell him to cough the ball up instead of securing it. The coaching staff didnt' tell him to once again hold onto the ball too long and miss open WR's.

lordofgun
11-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
The coaching staff didnt' tell him to once again hold onto the ball too long and miss open WR's.

Open WRs???? Were we watching the same game? I didn't see many.

BillsFever
11-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Open WRs???? Were we watching the same game? I didn't see many.

One of the top of my head: Bobby Shaw running 5 yards in front of the defender and Bledsoe overthrew him by about 5 yards. If he completes tha pass it's a TD.

Philagape
11-09-2003, 11:50 PM
Gilbride's offense is not one in which receivers get "open." They run slants and outs within 10 yards, and the QB has to zip the ball to them in like 3 seconds. Unfortunately, Gilbride's offense lets the QB have just TWO seconds -- is that too long to hold onto the ball? Even Pop Warner defenses know by now that the way to defend a Gilbride offense is to storm the QB, because there's no running game to fear, and 5-yard slants and outs are pretty easy to defend one-on-one. It's a waste for the QB, RB and WRs.
BTW, Drew won the AFC Championship game 2 years ago against a pretty good defense because he actually got to throw the ball downfield.

BillsFever
11-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
Gilbride's offense is not one in which receivers get "open." They run slants and outs within 10 yards, and the QB has to zip the ball to them in like 3 seconds. Unfortunately, Gilbride's offense lets the QB have just TWO seconds -- is that too long to hold onto the ball? Even Pop Warner defenses know by now that the way to defend a Gilbride offense is to storm the QB, because there's no running game to fear, and 5-yard slants and outs are pretty easy to defend one-on-one. It's a waste for the QB, RB and WRs.
BTW, Drew won the AFC Championship game 2 years ago against a pretty good defense because he actually got to throw the ball downfield.

Drew won the AFC Championship? He scored one TD drive in that game. Hardly enough to say he won the game for him.

Philagape
11-10-2003, 12:19 AM
He won in the sense that any QB "wins" or "loses" a game. He played well, no costly mistakes. The last game he played for the Patriots -- which was on the road -- put them in the Super Bowl.

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 12:23 AM
He won in the sense that any QB "wins" or "loses" a game. He played well, no costly mistakes. The last game he played for the Patriots -- which was on the road -- put them in the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't care if he threw for 500 yards and 7 TD's. What bearing does a game from 2 years ago have on the present?

Rich Gannon lead his team to the SB last year. I guess that still makes him a good QB now.

Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. I guess that makes him a good QB right now.

Philagape
11-10-2003, 01:05 AM
What exactly does Drew Bledsoe do that makes him a bench-worthy QB? Not get the ball off in two seconds? Drew has completed 61.7% of his passes this year (9th in the NFL among starting QBs), but his yards per attempt is only 6.8. That means the problem isn't his accuracy, but it's the fact that his receivers are running short routes that are easy to defend.
Does Drew make bad passes? Of course. Jim Kelly made some bonehead throws too. He wasn't exactly mobile either. But his offense made the best of his skills and of those around him. Drew would do much better if he had a running game supporting him instead of vice-versa, and if he was in an offense that fit what he can and can't do.
Gannon is 37. Dilfer's good enough to start on several teams.

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Are you Mac Bledsoe? Is there anymore excuses possible to come up with?

Would 6 TD's and 14 TO's through 9 games make you think a QB is playing bad? How about 3 TD's and 13 TO's in the last 7 games. Would you consider that good? How about 14 TD's and 27 TO's over the last 17 games? Well that is what your hero has gotten us over that span.

Is there a QB out there that couldn't do that for 5 million less a year and without giving up a 1st round pick for?

Drew is done with. It's that simple. The worst coaching in the history of the NFL couldn't get you them numbers with the talent around Drew. There comes a time when you have to shoulder some of the blame on one of the most overrated QB's in the last 15 years.

Philagape
11-10-2003, 01:21 AM
So, an offense's numbers have absolutely nothing to do with what routes receivers run, or whether defenses respect the running game, or what plays are called.
If I'm Mac Bledsoe, then you're Kevin Gilbride.

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 01:25 AM
It's everybody's fault but Drew.

If this was almost any other QB besides Drew that didn't have a "name" you same people would be calling for his head.

But Drew has a strong arm. He's a real nice guy. He's tall and he has a real strong arm.

Everybody is right. He is a great QB.

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 01:34 AM
So, an offense's numbers have absolutely nothing to do with what routes receivers run, or whether defenses respect the running game, or what plays are called.
If I'm Mac Bledsoe, then you're Kevin Gilbride.

So, an offense's numbers have absolutely nothing to do with a QB reading a blitz and finding the open receiver, completing a pass, holding onto the football and not fumbling the ball, being able to score a TD on the road out of 18 quarters?

Bledsoe's problems stem further then when he was in Buffalo. It's a pattern with Bledsoe that started long before he came to Buffalo.

In his last 18 games on the road against teams with a winning record he is 2-16. He is 1-8 with the Bills out of them games. What happened to the other 9 games to use an excuse.

Bledsoe has averaged over 3 sacks a game during the past 5 years. What happened them other 3 years he wasn't in Buffalo?

Bledsoe's career record is around .500. That's all he ever has been and ever will be. In his 11 years he has had Bill Parcells and Bill Belichek for 6 of them years. Where has that gotten him?

Tom Brady took the same team Bledsoe failed with and won the Super Bowl with it. If Bellichek thought Drew had an ounce of football left he wouldn't have traded him in the division.

That would be like the Eagles trading McNabb to the Cowboys or the Rams trading Bulger to the Cardinals.

hurls
11-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Bledsoe sucked again, regardless of the lack of run calls

The Natrix
11-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Seriously, stop making excuses for Bledsoe. Yes, he was a top pick back in the day. That was a long time ago.

But he is such a classy guy! Wah!!! It is all the coaches fault wahhhhhhh!

shelby
11-10-2003, 04:02 AM
i think BAMF has a good idea. Let Drew sit vs. Houston and see how the Pill performs. It can't get much worse, and it may provide a much-needed boot in the ass.

Alluro
11-10-2003, 05:25 AM
I am one of the biggest advocates of removing Bledsoe as well..I just don't think AVP has anything to give either. He might have the weakest arm in the entire NFL, the guy seriously should not be on an NFL roster...As awful as Bledsoe has been, he is still better than AVP, who should be cut at the end of the year. Getting a new QB for next year should be TD's top priority.

Ickybaluky
11-10-2003, 05:48 AM
The gameplan for defensing Bledsoe is well-known now, and he has to show he can adjust. Teams are jamming his outside WR at the LOS and bringing pressure up the middle in his face. He turns average with the pressure.

Drew needs to adjust to the defense. This is the same blueprint that the Jets used against him when he was with the Patriots. Parcells merely dusted off the same old blueprint.

Drew needs to adjust, he needs to get rid of the ball quicker, take his checkdowns at RB and TE when they are there and work his way downfield patiently instead of forcing the ball to his outside guys. He has failed to do that.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

One of the top of my head: Bobby Shaw running 5 yards in front of the defender and Bledsoe overthrew him by about 5 yards. If he completes tha pass it's a TD.

Oh you must mean the one where the whole o-line collapsed as soon as the ball was snapped and he just heaved it.

zone
11-10-2003, 06:26 AM
exactly... man some of you must have watched a diffrent game, because the one I saw drew played well.

Lets recap what happened.....

agian we threw on most of our 3rd and short, not that we had that many. -not drews fault

3rd and long, they sent everyone, as soon as the ball was snapped drew was back pedeling -you explain how that is his fault

2 times I saw balls in recievers hands, including the opening play to moulds. -agian not drews fault

The fumble when 5 yes 5 defenders hit him as the ball was snaped, lets be real fellas he is not a running back, he is trying to throw the football obvoisly he is not having it tucked to run.

If anything drew should be comended for at least throwing the ball away on every third and long, instead of making stupid plays and getting it picked off.

The cameras showed bledsoe on the sideline discussed with KG basically all but going nuts on him.

It's like a bunch of 10 year olds post on this form that know nothing about football, put in AVP?????? IS THIS SERIOUS?????

take a look at what happened to AVP last week, the same thing that happened to drew. IT"S NOT THE QB'S PEOPLE!!!!!

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 06:28 AM
I'm not saying he played well but on that play as was mentioned I sure didn't see anyone up it was just a desperation heave.

zone
11-10-2003, 06:31 AM
I'm saying that the line gave him no time to make play's, and when they did he made them.

We might have the worst pass blocking line ever.

No qb in the legue can make plays with 7 or 8 defenders in his face.

zone
11-10-2003, 06:34 AM
why is this post not talking about benching MP or re-aranging the terrible line?

Instead people are so disillusioned that they think drew can someow fight 11 defenders by himself to win the game, and when he does not they are talking about putting in AVP???

come on people I know this loss sucks but come back to reality.