PDA

View Full Version : NOT THE QB's

zone
11-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Drew made plays when he was given time, and not even a lot of time, just enough time to get rid of the ball.

There is not a QB in the NFL that can do anything agianst that kind of pressure, when the ball is snaped and you have 6,7 or even 8 guys in your face there is nothing you can do.

The job of the OC is to study a defense and come up with a offense to counter act. This did not happen.

So lets not use everyones favorite scape goat and realize what really happened here.

If anyone can name specific plays on how drew lost this game feel free, cause from what I saw he played smart.

(Yes the fumble sucks, but he got hit by 5 defenders at once, that should not happen to a qb that is not what they prep for, he is ready to throw the ball not tuck it away to run, or take a hit, so try crying something else!)

Pride
11-10-2003, 07:58 AM
As much as I blame GW/KG for putting bledsoe in a position to fail, there were some things that were solely on him.

The fumbles were 100% his fault.. along with 2 of the sacks that ended drives.

He finally figured out how to throw the ball away... but then he was WAAAY to quick about it.. throwing it away when noone was within 3 yards of him.

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 08:24 AM
You're not going to get much help with this one Zone. Bledsoe carries a higher amount of blame becasue he is QB. Despite the 8 int's, the 9 fumbles and the 26 sacks, his skills as a leader are in question. There is no rally behind Bledsoe because he fails to motivate. The team has faults, the coaching just plain sucks ass, but Bledsoe has been nothing short of aweful.

zone
11-10-2003, 08:28 AM
I guess getting hit while your linemen watch is 100% your fault right?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/images/1110cowboys2.jpg

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by zone

No but not reading the blitz and just standing there in a fetal position waiting for the sack and then trying to throw the ball away as you're getting drug to the ground is.

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by zone

Noted

...and every defense in the league is going to play him the same way. The line can't handle the blitz and Bledsoe panics everytime the defense crosses the line of scrimmage. The scouting reports are out. The only one that doesn't realize it is the Bills staff and a few loose fans.

WG
11-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh, no, it has nothing to do with Blew.

You're right zone.

IHateTheDullphins
11-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Thought this belonged in this thread too.

My knowledge of the game of football tells me that Drew Bledsoe can not get it done here in Buffalo. TWO WEEKS. TWO FRIGGIN WEEKS. Everyone in the USA knew that Dallas was coming hard with the Blitz. You're a starting QB in the NFL. You must be able to prepare for blitzes. You must keep both hands on the ball.

I AM NOT POINTING THE FINGER SOLELY ON DREW BLEDSOE FOR THE RECORD. (WHICH I'VE STATED CLEARLY SEVERAL TIMES) BUT SINCE HE IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM, HE HAS GOT TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I KNOW THE GAME OF FOOTBALL AND I KNOW WHERE THINGS HAVE BROKEN DOWN, BUT IT SEEMS FOR SOME PEOPLE, DREW BLEDSOE CAN DO NO WRONG. WELL, HE HAS DONE NOTHING BUT WRONG.

Take a look at some of the QBs around the league that don't fold at the first sign of adversity.
*Steve McNair--->DB isn't even on this warriors radar. Prove me wrong.

*Peyton Manning--->Wish Drew played half as well as this guy.

*Brett Favre--->Look what he does in the face of adversity. Wins.

*Tom Brady--->Twice the QB Bledsoe is. We got the wrong one.

*Chad Pennington--->Look what he does for that Jets team.

Wake up people, DB is wasting our time and money.

Valerie
11-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by zone I guess getting hit while your linemen watch is 100% your fault right?

I really don't blame Drew as much for this fumble as I do for his first fumble that resulted in the Cowboys touchdown. He was really slammed here and I'm sure it was hard for him to hold onto the ball. The first fumble he should've been able to hold the ball, IMO.

zone
11-10-2003, 08:46 AM
HE DID NOT EVEN HAVE TIME TO THROW IT AWAY!!!!

He did not make any stupid plays last night 0-picks

he threw the ball away when the pressure was coming, and you people still belive that this loss was his fault. what did he need to do to make you believe that this team needs a o-line?

NEWS FLASH !!!! WE KNOW HE DOES NOT MOVE, WE HAVE ALLWAYS KNOWN THAT!!!!

IHateTheDullphins
11-10-2003, 09:08 AM
:violin:

BillsMan80
11-10-2003, 09:13 AM
The 2nd fumble was his fault too. It was pathetic. Drew had both hands on the ball, and as he was being wrapped up, took one hand off the ball as if he wanted to throw it. Hello, if you are going to take a sack, hold onto the damn ball. He's losing my confidence more and more each time he drops back to throw.

IHateTheDullphins
11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
you still have some confidence left? man I don't. I'm done with Drew.

Philagape
11-10-2003, 10:43 AM
I've been defending Drew all over, but the fumbles were his fault; even in an overwhelming pass rush, a veteran like him should know to cover up the ball.
That said, two fumbles (and no picks) would hurt a lot less if we had a competent offensive game plan that used the run to set up the pass and got receivers downfield.

DraftBoy
11-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Drew is to blame for the loss. Even Gilbride ran the ball a good bit of time in this game, and when we threw the passes were constantly off target, and low. I cant even begin to count how many passes were low and off target to Josh Reed in the 2nd half.