Do you think we could hire some successful coaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Do you think we could hire some successful coaches?

As I look down the hiring list and accolades of almost every coach we have brought in here, I think every one of them besides Williams has lost miserably or performed at the bottom of the league elsewhere.
    Which leads me to ask a question.
    Do you think we could bring in some coaches who have won, or are performing in there assigment at the top of the list?

Ruel was a failure. Gilbride was a failure. Grey was never a cordinator, Williams never a coach. Lebeau was a failure as coach. Almost every single coach on this team is unproven or an underachiever at what they are doing here.
    Last edited by Turf; 11-10-2003, 08:27 AM.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

TD, the "genius," and his hand selected head coach, GW, are fond of lovable losers. And Ralph doesn't have to pay these guys as much as real coaches.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
      • Jul 2002

Tom Coughlin

Norm Chow for OC - USC

Draft Philip Rivers - QB - NC State

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

I've got a question about coaches. I know that Danny White is a coach for the Arizona arena league, but does anyone here think he'd be a good NFL coach? I know he's done a pretty good job in the arena league and I thought that he might make a godo NFL coach. But, how different is the arena league from the NFL? I just worry about hiring a coach out of college because I don't think that they're proven. Look at what an ass Spuirrer is! He's making MILLIONS and frankly he sucks! I'd rather go with someone who at least has some professional coaching experience.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

It's an idea, J....but it would be quite a step up from AFL to the NFL. The thing is, he's been a very solid coach for the Rattlers since 1991. He is the first and only GM that franchise has ever had and has won two titles in that span. Honestly, I think he'd be worth a shot. Just looking over his bio on the Rattlers' site...I'm impressed. I just wonder how much of an adjustment he'd have to make to be ready to coach at this level.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            .... And Ralph doesn't have to pay these guys as much as real coaches.

A coaches salary is peanuts compared to what the players make. Ralph isn't going to worry about a coaches salary if it means we have a winning team.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

just a side note.. coaches who win, well, typically they have jobs or have retired

denny green or coughlin is about as close to a "winning" coach as your gonna get.. and neither have actually won.. just "come close"..

i say we go for a young guy again. you may end up with someone like gruden or cower.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Cower doesn't look like that good of an example any more. He benefited from TD's talent as a GM and has gone down hill ever since he left.

Comment

• Jaded 7
                  Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                  • Jul 2002

Well how much of a difference is it between the AFL and college? I would think that a coach outta college would have more of an adjustment to make than one out of the AFL. But, I don't know which is why I asked. I don't know any of the coaches everyone is talking about, but after watching how TERRIBLE Spurrier is right out of college, I would be happier taking a coach from another professional level.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                  Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                  The only answer I found for all this hurt
                  Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

The biggest two differences are these:
                    smaller fields
                    AFL throws at least 90% of the time.

The smaller fields thing could be an advantage for him as he would be used to the smaller areas (be helpful in the red zone....the red zone in the AFL is viewed as only 5 yards as opposed to the 20 we have in the NFL and in college)
                    The passing thing could hurt him. Always passing when we should be running is part of the problem we are having with Gilbride...and considering that Danny White does run his own offense...
                    It's an intriguing idea and not something that should be completely dismissed if he would be interested in taking that next step.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                      Cower doesn't look like that good of an example any more. He benefited from TD's talent as a GM and has gone down hill ever since he left.
                      BRAVO!!!! BRAVISSIMO!!!

*whew* I'm glad you brought that up, AWM! You're the only one I've seen on this board who saw the same thing I did! I WASN'T dreaming it, or making it up, was I?
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Grey has the defense performing as they did the end of the season last season, the problem area for the Bills seem to be OC and offensive line coach position. Talking about underacheivers this line has lost the ability to impose its will on other D-lines and the play design seems not to account for all out blitz packages. ACC COUNTRY Phillip Rivers is the real deal

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• caveboy
                          • Oct 2003

Jimmy Johnson. Only college-to-pro coach I can recall in some time with a winning record that won a SB. He's gotta' be tired of fishing by now, no?
                          "Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by caveboy
                            Jimmy Johnson. Only college-to-pro coach I can recall in some time with a winning record that won a SB. He's gotta' be tired of fishing by now, no?
                            I don't see him ever being interested in coming to snowy Buffalo.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

there is a snowballs chance in miami that jimmy johnson comes to b-lo
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X