PDA

View Full Version : I am losing my confidence in TD

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Gilbride : He has schemes that he tries to make his players execute and if they can't this O can't do a damn thing. The better coaches in the league come up w/ schemes that fit the talent and can make adjustments on gameday. Why did we fire Mike Sheppard?

GW- It's obvious that he needed coaches that can "teach" a system because he himself does not know how to take over an offense that isn't working.He has no knowledge. He's that stupid. Stick to being a D coordinator. Parcells was pissed and cussed when his team committed a false start and you could see the fire in his eyes. While GW? :idunno: <-- GW .Why did we fire Wade?

TD- Why doesn't he pull the plug on GW or KG? Is he too proud that if he did , he would've admitted he made a mistake in hiring GW? May John Buttler RIP.

Valerie
11-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Justafan, you owe me $5,000 zone bucks.....please!:D

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 08:29 AM
While I do agree with you comments about his choice in coaches, let's not forget the positive things that TD has done for the team. This team was in salary cap hell because of Butler. TD found a way to scrape us off the bottom. Not to mention the fact that the level of talent has increased.

There is a huge failure of communication between players - coaches - GM........

I really think that everyone is thinking ****ty thoughts about production, but smiling at each other and patting each other on the back for lousey performances.

NC-BILLS44
11-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Gilbride : He has schemes that he tries to make his players execute and if they can't this O can't do a damn thing. The better coaches in the league come up w/ schemes that fit the talent and can make adjustments on gameday. Why did we fire Mike Sheppard?

Amen!!!!

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
While I do agree with you comments about his choice in coaches, let's not forget the positive things that TD has done for the team. This team was in salary cap hell because of Butler. TD found a way to scrape us off the bottom. Not to mention the fact that the level of talent has increased.

I really think that everyone is thinking ****ty thoughts about production, but smiling at each other and patting each other on the back for lousey performances.

He's done good for the team and yet the bad seems to be outweighingthe good. 4-5 for a team with this talent? He's been praised for the good things he's done and has been given the glory he deserved. He does need to be fairly criticized for his mistakes and lack of action for not fixing it.

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 08:58 AM

He's done good for the team and yet the bad seems to be outweighingthe good. 4-5 for a team with this talent? He's been praised for the good things he's done and has been given the glory he deserved. He does need to be fairly criticized for his mistakes and lack of action for not fixing it.

Sure....and your criticism is noted. Gilbride has to be the worst decision of them all.

Fact is if we're winning football games, he seems like a God. When the losses come, his decisions fall short of average. What will truly tell the story is whom he chooses as GW replacement. I fear that we might see KG or DL taking over next season. Then I will truly bellow out mass complaints about TD.

Michael82
11-10-2003, 09:22 AM
I fear that we might see KG or DL taking over next season. Then I will truly bellow out mass complaints about TD.

:puke:

If that happens I will be shipping my Bills jersey to Donahoe like that Jets fan. :madfire: I will also not go to any games next year and will not spend my money to support this team. Gilbride SHOULD be fire this week, if GW and TD want to save their reputation a bit. :madcurse:

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Justafan, you owe me $5,000 zone bucks.....please!:D

Done!

Valerie
11-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Gracias! :shake:

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 09:47 AM
I forgot.

Drew: Why anyone ever dared to compare Drew to Kelly is beyond me. He obviously is a robot that can't think for himself. Needs a good coach to make him a better qb. Kelly was 10 X the smarter qb obviously. Before you start clapping wys, why did we fire "FLUTIE" ?

WG
11-10-2003, 10:19 AM

He did get us out of cap jail RE, but then look at what he did.

Neglected to backfill us for Blew.

Left our lines bare and made very poor moves to correct the DL, and risky ones too.

Has relied on 5th and 7th round draft picks to correct our OL.

Hasn't even considered aging vets Brown and Williams on both lines.

Signed Milloy when S was one of the last things we really needed. Could it have been upgraded, yes. Was it a primary need, no!

Tons of money and a first round draft pick all to, and statedly, sell tickets. Well, now we're high-and-dry at QB b/c of TD's risky business moves. We are also lacking 2 or 3 real starters on the OL, surprise surprise, Teague couldn't play OT.

We have Posay who's overrated. Adams who should get cut.

I mean think about all the players who should be gone at the end of the season, or are already gone, who TD himself hired and relied on:

Jenkins
Adams
Jones
Denney
Reese (terrible)
Teague (but we can't afford the cap hit, so below avg. C play next year too)

Meanwhile, he puts rookies and young players who had a good inaugural season on the bench like Wire and Sullivan. Go figure.

And we currently have holes or players that beg replacing at QB, C, G, G, DT, DE, and OLB.

Odd, those were our same exact primary needs last year too and for some odd reason I can't seem to recollect TD doing much to fill those this past offseason.

Did you ever think that perhaps TD's approach to running a team is a bit risky? Or that perhaps he's not the best manager in spite of all the hype and fact that he's "from Pittsburgh" w/ no other GMs available?

I'm starting to think that that was a snow job too.

I can say this, I've heard from some fans who say the same thing that I do, namely that if the team doesn't do something pretty daggoned impressive this offseason, then their not renewing their seasons. Why do I see a bad year next year for the Bills from a marketing perspective.

I'll give TD this upcoming offseason. And if he drafts the way he did this past year, then he needs to go. If he continues to gamble on high-risk, overrated players whose names live on but whose play doesn't, then he needs to go. If he doesn't address our primary needs listed above and start thinking beyond this single season in front of him, then he needs to go.

What signings can you honestly say have made a huge difference?

NONE!

Spikes, overrated at this point altho I do think he'll be around. But there's no guarantee and at his price you expect top-shelf!

Dredsoe? I laugh.

Adams, nowhere near worth $1.75M

Milloy, a real stretch at what he's getting paid, but as his performance begins to taper off, he won't be worth the increases he's gonna get. Besides, didn't really need a S above many other positions. Money poorly allocated.

Posey: also not worth the bucks.

So none of TD's "big name" acquisitions have panned out the way we were told they would, and for sure, we haven't gotten "more than our money's worth" in any of them.

When we consider that we've lost two years and wasted a first rounder on Blew, that doesn't help.

The single best move TD made was getting rid of Price for a 1st rounder. Phenominal. But that isn't going to make him. Whether or not McG pans out is going to be the primary deciding factor and this offseason's draft too.

WG
11-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Before you start clapping wys, why did we fire &quot;FLUTIE&quot; ?

IDK, perhaps the fact that he's won 1 of his last what, 11 games!

Can we wait a few more games before we pencil Doug in for the HoF while waiving the rest of his sad and pathetic NFL career in favor of one game yesterday while Bills fans were PMSing.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and we should have drafted Rudi Johnson in the first round instead of McGahee too. Heck, he'll have 2,500 yards rushing in a season the way he played yesterday....

:rolleyes:

WG
11-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Consistency folks!

It helps to look at things consistently when evaluating the team. So many of us have a tendency to overreact to one game or a short string of games. That's what's brought us this far.

In fact, if last season had been reversed, with the first 5 games or so having come at the end, I'm curious what would have happened to Bills fans.

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

IDK, perhaps the fact that he's won 1 of his last what, 11 games!

haha! 1-11 games is all his fault all of a sudden. When he was still here his 21-9 was not his record as far as you were concerned. You were sayin something about consistency?

I mention Flutie and wys get's rattled. :D

Valerie
11-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Justafan, when are you going to realize that Wys likes to twist things to suit his tirade! When Doug was winning, it wasn't because of Doug, it was in spite of Doug. The defense was better, the offensive line was better, the teams were bad, etc. The :angry:ing list is ENDLESS! But, when Doug was losing, it was SOLELY his fault! 100%! It's a team effort when Doug's teams win and it's an all-fault, blame Doug 100% when his team loses. ****! Even I figured out how Wys works and I can be slow at times.

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 12:09 PM
When you say Flutie wys get's rattled and Jaded get's .........nevermind. :snicker:

ticatfan
11-10-2003, 12:40 PM
He hates it when the little guy from the CFL keeps making the NFL brass look stupid.All he does is win.

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Yikes this thread turned into a Flutie-wys thing!

The_Philster
11-10-2003, 05:51 PM
why did we fire "FLUTIE" ?

Honestly. Gregg wanted someone who would do exactly as told. We were bringing in the WCO (or a pathetic version of it) and he asked both RJ and Flutie if they would be willing to adapt to the system. RJ said yes (never really learned to do it though...as evidenced by the fact the offense performed better under AVP in the second half of the season)...Flutie said he'd give it a shot but if it didn't work for him, he'd go back to doing things his way. Willaims came in as a control freak...he didn't want someone who wouldn't follow orders to the letter.

WG
11-10-2003, 05:54 PM

haha! 1-11 games is all his fault all of a sudden. When he was still here his 21-9 was not his record as far as you were concerned. You were sayin something about consistency?

I mention Flutie and wys get's rattled. :D

Actually I get all googly! Just like Jaded.

I know I should be ashamed of such feelings, but the thought of that mullet just makes me quiver w/ feelings of excitement!

:scared:

justasportsfan
11-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Honestly. Gregg wanted someone who would do exactly as told. We were bringing in the WCO (or a pathetic version of it) and he asked both RJ and Flutie if they would be willing to adapt to the system. RJ said yes (never really learned to do it though...as evidenced by the fact the offense performed better under AVP in the second half of the season)...Flutie said he'd give it a shot but if it didn't work for him, he'd go back to doing things his way. Willaims came in as a control freak...he didn't want someone who wouldn't follow orders to the letter.

I guess we need that type of qb who has the brains to do what is necessary to help the team win and that includes changing Gilbrides system as he sees fit. Drew doesn't have the balls to take matters into his own hands and just win. If Drew keeps this up, he's gonna go down the same ship as Gilbride.

hwc
11-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I am amazed that you guys aren't screaming bloody murder at TD for wasting a first round pick on a crippled running back.

That had to be the most ARROGANT draft pick of all time. In making that selection, TD was basically saying, "we are so loaded, we don't even need to worry about a first round pick who can contribute".

In my opinion, that kind of arrogance spells disaster in the NFL.

The_Philster
11-10-2003, 06:41 PM
I guess we need that type of qb who has the brains to do what is necessary to help the team win and that includes changing Gilbrides system as he sees fit. Drew doesn't have the balls to take matters into his own hands and just win. If Drew keeps this up, he's gonna go down the same ship as Gilbride.
I have to agree with you. I really hate to say it because he was always a QB I respected before coming here, but Drew is turning into RJ and the fact that he is following the coach's orders so much..regardless of how stupid the play call....tells me that's exactly what is happening. Flutie wouldn't have done it. And Kelly....he would have not only not done it, he would have shut off the receiver in his helmet and started calling plays on his own.

Originally posted by hwc
I am amazed that you guys aren't screaming bloody murder at TD for wasting a first round pick on a crippled running back.

That had to be the most ARROGANT draft pick of all time. In making that selection, TD was basically saying, "we are so loaded, we don't even need to worry about a first round pick who can contribute".

In my opinion, that kind of arrogance spells disaster in the NFL.
A few of us were shocked to say the least :jawdrop: and CP was probably screaming bloody murder...since he had to eat an order of Wys Guy wings because of that selection :D

Billz_fan
11-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Consistency folks!

It helps to look at things consistently when evaluating the team. So many of us have a tendency to overreact to one game or a short string of games. That's what's brought us this far.

In fact, if last season had been reversed, with the first 5 games or so having come at the end, I'm curious what would have happened to Bills fans.

What have you done with Wys !! :mad:

Seriously this is pretty good. Could it be that once everyone else starts beating up the team and players you will role reverse and be ultra positive ?

A parallel universe so to speak ? :couch:

:jk:

:laughter:

HenryRules
11-10-2003, 06:52 PM
I still can't believe that someone is saying bc GW doesn't take the rein from Gilbride, we should have kept Wade.

Do you remember Joe Pendry at all?