PDA

View Full Version : I'll be on my knees at nights begging for Eli Manning!!

jchild178
11-10-2003, 09:15 AM
drew has to go! PERIOD!

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 09:20 AM
I don't see us having a shot at Manning. He'll be one of the first players taken. Unless we tank every game this year, I don't see us having one of the first few picks in the draft.

WG
11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Ya never know. Many have laughed, but I really see us being either 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10. So that should land us a top 8 pick.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
I don't see us having a shot at Manning. He'll be one of the first players taken. Unless we tank every game this year, I don't see us having one of the first few picks in the draft.

http://www.intotheblue.co.uk/images2/tank-driving2.jpg

jchild178
11-10-2003, 09:25 AM
exactly Wys!....look who we have to play after Houston! doesnt look good...and thats if we can beat the texans, right now i feel they can beat us

Michael82
11-10-2003, 09:26 AM
The teams that will be in the top 3-5 picks of the draft won't be looking for a young quarterback. If we are going to be as bad as I'm thinking....5-11 or 6-10, then we might have a nice chance to get Eli Manning and if there is anyway to move up a few spots, I would LOVE Tom Donahoe to make the move. We need a future and Drew Bledsoe is NOT it! Eli Manning and Willis McGahee! :drool:

I'm drooling at the thought! :D

jchild178
11-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Eli Manning first round and a DE second round

Thailog80
11-10-2003, 09:28 AM
If Greggo and co are still here what does it matter who we take. These guys will ruin them.

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Ya never know. Many have laughed, but I really see us being either 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10. So that should land us a top 8 pick.

Top 8? You'll need a top 3 pick to get him. It would take an awful lot to happen, for us and for other teams, for the Bills to finish with one of the 3 worst records. And, I personally hope we use our top pick on a DT (get our DE in free agency). What good is Eli Manning if we don't improve up front on both offense and defense? That's a way bigger problem than QB.

SABURZFAN
11-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Eli Manning will not be in buffalo unless he blows out his knee.

Michael82
11-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80
If Greggo and co are still here what does it matter who we take. These guys will ruin them.

Are you insane!??!?! Gregg's contract is up at the end of the season! We will get a whole new coaching staff, including OC and DC. That will make a huge difference and Drew Bledsoe can tutor Eli Manning to help him get ready for the job. It would be an awesome move by the Bills! The last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round, it was Jim Kelly....look at the crap that we have had AFTER that! :shakeno:

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Sigh, do any of you actully watch mannings games? he will be there when we pick in the first, but i still dont think we should take him, he is very overrated, not even in the top 3 best qbs in this draft IMO. If we are gonna draft someone because of their last name, lets take that payton kid out of miami. and as for taking a secound round DE, that would be 4 years running we took a DE in the first two rounds, drafting people that need time to turn into nfl players is not the way to fix our DE problem right now.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 09:36 AM
The only way manning goes in the top ten is if he

a) has a fantastic combine

or

b) arizona decides they want to sell seats.

WG
11-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Are you insane!??!?! Gregg's contract is up at the end of the season! We will get a whole new coaching staff, including OC and DC. That will make a huge difference and Drew Bledsoe can tutor Eli Manning to help him get ready for the job. It would be an awesome move by the Bills! The last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round, it was Jim Kelly....look at the crap that we have had AFTER that! :shakeno:
I don't want Blew anywhere near our new QB!

WG
11-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Top 8? You'll need a top 3 pick to get him. It would take an awful lot to happen, for us and for other teams, for the Bills to finish with one of the 3 worst records. And, I personally hope we use our top pick on a DT (get our DE in free agency). What good is Eli Manning if we don't improve up front on both offense and defense? That's a way bigger problem than QB.

Agreed. We need lineman, and who knows, first round QBs rarely meet the hype. Carr is for real, but what about Harrington. No gimme. We can likely find a QB in round two or three too. Honestly tho, QB isn't our primary issue. It's the OL and DL. Both of them. We can get away w/ an average/mediocre QB as long as he doesn't gift wrap the ball everytime pressure is applied. 18 TOs in 7 losses last year and apace to do the same this year is horrid.

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Sigh, do any of you actully watch mannings games? he will be there when we pick in the first, but i still dont think we should take him, he is very overrated, not even in the top 3 best qbs in this draft IMO. If we are gonna draft someone because of their last name, lets take that payton kid out of miami. and as for taking a secound round DE, that would be 4 years running we took a DE in the first two rounds, drafting people that need time to turn into nfl players is not the way to fix our DE problem right now.

I watch quite a few of Manning's games actually, as I have the ESPN game plan package and they show a lot of SEC games on it. I think he's a very good QB. He has good mechaincs and has a good feel for the game. He also has brought the Rebs back late in games to win while staying composed. Not to mention the fact that he's putting up great numbers with NO talent at all in the backfield!!

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 09:46 AM
The only way manning goes in the top ten is if he

a) has a fantastic combine

or

b) arizona decides they want to sell seats.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/top100prospects.htm

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/

http://www.gbnreport.com/2004prospects.htm

http://www.footballcorner.bizland.com/quarterbacks.htm

WG
11-10-2003, 09:50 AM
BTW, Jax was the last 6-10 team last year and they drafted 7th.

5-11 teams Arizona and Dallas were positioned at 5th and 6th.

4-10 teams Chicago and Houston were positioned 3rd and 4th.

3-13 Detroit went 2nd and 2-14 Cincy went 1st.

At present, the 2-7 teams that will likely pass us are: Atlanta w/ Vick back.

Oakland, Jax, and SD all have a shot due to infusions of youth/talent or for some other reason. When you factor in our schedule and the notion that we simply may not win another game, I'd say there's a great shot that we'll finish only 5-11.

I have a hard time imagining that that wouldn't land us a 4th thru 6th spot this year.

Regardless, we need to draft the DE, DT, OL, or QB that we believe would have the greatest impact. We can get a QB from FAcy who won't have a gazillion TOs, and right now, that's all we're looking for, a QB who won't rattle everytime the pressure's applied. Heck, maybe a guy like Rattay. S/T contract, no hook.

Michael82
11-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Regardless, we need to draft the DE, DT, OL, or QB that we believe would have the greatest impact. We can get a QB from FAcy who won't have a gazillion TOs, and right now, that's all we're looking for, a QB who won't rattle everytime the pressure's applied. Heck, maybe a guy like Rattay. S/T contract, no hook.

I totally disagree! We haven't drafted a QB early in day 1, since Jim Kelly and look at how bad the QB talent has been. I'm sick of going to FAs for a QB and drafting scrubs in the later rounds or even picking up an undrafted FA to be our backup. We need a QB of the Future. Yeah, we need DEs, but the DE talent is pretty mediocre in this draft. I don't see any Julius Peppers or Dwight Freeney. :( Also, Free agency would be the best time to work on both of our lines. I think we could get a nice DE or OL in free agency and work some trades for other DL talent/OL. Yeah, QB is not going to help us right away, but it's the best thing for this team to do. Eli Manning would do wonders for this team! :up:

Eli Manning and Willis McGahee.... :drool:

BuffaloRanger
11-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Repeat after me...

Buffalo cannot develop young QBs.

The only, that's right only, drafted QB that ever amounted to anything in the 40+ year history of the Bills is Joe Ferguson. And that's because he had OJ.

Kemp - off waivers from the Chargers

Kelly - Drafted, but developed in the USFL.

Bledsoe - trade

Fans in this town love to string up QBs. No rookie QB will ever be good enough. Period. A couple bad games and fans will be screaming for his head. That's Buffalo, like it or not.

Free Agency is the only way to go.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Eli Manning stats so far!:)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players/32061/

Brian Griese Rulz
11-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I say trade Henry and our #1 to either the Bears,Lions,Cards to move up in the draft to get Manninng.

The Bears and Cards. both need QB so they are the ones to be scared of in picking a QB before us. Unless of course the Bears,Lions,Cards can win a few more games and we don't win a few more, then our draft position can move up.

The Raiders also could use a QB and they are in better draft position then the Bills. Same with Pittsburg.

Season ended today....

1)Jags (2-7) Don't need a QB
2) SD (2-7) Don't need a QB
3) Raiders (2-7) Need QB
4) Atlanta (2-7) Don't need a QB
5) Bears (3-6) Need QB
6) Cards (3-6) Need QB
7) Browns (3-6) Maybe need a QB
8) Houston (3-6) Dont need QB
9) Pittsburgh(3-6) Need QB
10) Lions (3-6) Dont need QB
11) GB (4-4) May draft Farve's replacement.

(4-5 teams) Bills: Need QB, Sf, NYG,Wash,NO,Tampa, Cincy: Dont need QBs

Michael82
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
The Bears don't need a QB. They drafted Rex Grossman in the 1st round last year.

Michael82
11-10-2003, 10:48 AM
So, who do we select in FAcy? Kurt Warner? He will probably be cut...would he be worth picking up? Mark Brunell? No, IMO...we need to keep Drew for one more year, while we let Eli Manning or another star QB sit on the bench and develop into something special.

Brian Griese Rulz
11-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The Bears don't need a QB. They drafted Rex Grossman in the 1st round last year.

Ahh yes, all those Steve Spurrier Florida Gator's QB have turned out so well in the NFL. Even Spurrier's Fun-n-Gun offense is blowing defenses away. :smoke:

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Fans are so funny, Everything revolves around the QB.

Listen, if we do happen to get a top 8 pick and we don’t draft a pass rushing Defensive End, I think Ralph should just move the team to LA!

You wanna drool, picture this D, which really does a good job of keeping yardage down, with a pass rushing DE who could put pressure on the QB, forcing sacks, ints and fumbles. We’d have a superbowl caliber Defense.

Brian Griese Rulz
11-10-2003, 11:01 AM
My dream draft would be.

Bills can get Manning with their own #1 pick.
Trade henry and a 3rd rounder to one of the teams in the top 5 draft position and pick up a stud DE.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 01:44 PM
We can get Kearse in FA!!!!! why spend high draft pick on a DE for the 5th year in a row!!!!!

Erik Flowers, Aaron Schobel, Ryan Denny, Chris Kelsay and you want to drop another pick on a DE that is gonna sit. pick offensive line, we can win with a chariot of beef.

Michael82
11-10-2003, 01:50 PM
We can get Kearse in FA!!!!! why spend high draft pick on a DE for the 5th year in a row!!!!!

Erik Flowers, Aaron Schobel, Ryan Denny, Chris Kelsay and you want to drop another pick on a DE that is gonna sit. pick offensive line, we can win with a chariot of beef.

EXACTLY! Plus you got other players available like Vonnie Holliday was and other salary cap cuts. :D

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 01:51 PM
If you can lure the Freak away from Tenn. then be my guest. I just don't see it happening.

And PLEASE do not compare a top 8 talent at DE with that list of bums you just gave me!

The only first rounder was Flowers and he was a mid round reach/project

XNOUGHT
11-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Here comes the Manning talk :huh:

This team has no time to groom a QB.

With the talent on defense and offense, you guys have a small window to win.

After that window passes you buy, then you have cap troubles.

That "high" 1st rounder should be spent on a DT.

Then you trade Henry for draft pick(s) and you take a WR, DE, and TE in that order.

Sign a good TE, sign Kearse, get GOOD coaches, and you guys are fine.

It is THAT SIMPLE!!!!!

THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

Jeff1220
11-10-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure, but isn't this the deciding year on Bledsoe because of the way his contract is structured? That would mean that THIS is the year to ditch him or keep him for SEVERAL more years. If the Bills plan to draft a QB in the 1st round, Drew will not be there to tutor him.

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
If you can lure the Freak away from Tenn. then be my guest. I just don't see it happening.

And PLEASE do not compare a top 8 talent at DE with that list of bums you just gave me!

Look at the DEs taken in the first round this year and tell me which ones are dominating? Suggs is having a decent year in Baltimore, but who else? Michael Haynes, a player I really wanted the Bills to draft, has been a big disappointment in Chicago. Calvin Pace is a starter, but is doing nothing to distinguish himself either. It's starting to look like none of the first rounders were worth trading up to get.

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Last year was a weak draft. Everyone knows that!

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:01 PM
X is right, We don't have the 4 years it takes to get a Rookie QB ready to play.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 02:04 PM

Last i checked Kearse will be a free agent this offseason, and tenn has NO cap room, they have been trying to resign him for a while, with no success. i would say there is a 95% chance he will hit the free agent market, we will have to find some money cause he wont come cheap.

also there is no "clearly dominant" Ends in this years draft, there are a few good ones, but if your looking for peppers like immediate impact, dont hold your breath. Lets look at the DEs that were taken in the top 10 overall picks in the last 5 years.

Justin Smith, Andre Carter, Jamal Reynolds, Courtney Brown(first overall), Andre Wadsworth, Grant Wistrom, Greg Ellis, Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs

a few good players in there, but nothing that will fix our problems.

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:06 PM
So What are you going to take? We have 3 very good tackles on this team, Are you going to spend that pick on a guard or a center?

Novacane
11-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Will Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Right on Fairway! A guy like that would be awesome. He'd be rushing the passer in Buffalo for 13 years.

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Will Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You beat me too it, FtG

Get Smith #1
Get a center #2
Get Lorentzen or another decent QB in Rd 3- there are a lot of good QBs this year.

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Where you been guys.

I feel like the Calvary just arrived.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 02:22 PM
So What are you going to take? We have 3 very good tackles on this team, Are you going to spend that pick on a guard or a center?

Robert gallery as a RT, and move big mike to RG. we would have Gallery who can actully pass block(go figure) he can run block with the best of them, and has a mean streak like you cant imagine, we might have to move up to get him, but he would make everyone across that offensive line better, and could you imagine Mike Williams and this guy right next to eachother we could run behind them all day. he will be a top 5 pick, but it would be worth it, im salavating just thinking about him in a bills uni. he IS the best player in the draft this year.

http://iowa.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/GALLERY-ROBERT.JPG

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
LOOK AT THE GUY!!!!

NO WAY!

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Last post was in jest!

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Although he does look like Igor in Young Frankenstein.

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Robert gallery as a RT, and move big mike to RG. we would have Gallery can actully pass block(go figure) he can run block with the best of them, and has a mean streak like you cant imagine, we might have to move up to get him, but he would make everyone across that offensive line better, and could you imagine Mike Williams and this guy right next to eachother we could run behind them all day. he will be a top 5 pick, but it would be worth it, im salavating just thinking about him in a bills uni. he IS the best player in the draft this year.

Nope-

He's too big at guard. Guards are usually shorter than tackles so the passing lanes up the middle aren't obscured. Besides, if you are drafting in the top 5 , you better get the #1 rated DE.

If you want a lineman, Get the kid from Miami- he's versitile enough to play at Tackle or Guard- Vernon Carey- and he might be around where the Bills draft

Patrick76777
11-10-2003, 02:28 PM
http://iowa.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/GALLERY-ROBERT.JPG [/B][/QUOTE]

http://members.aon.at/frankenstein/images/feldman.jpg

Dozerdog
:rofl:

R. Rich
Originally posted by Dozerdog
You beat me too it, FtG

Get Smith #1
Get a center #2
Get Lorentzen or another decent QB in Rd 3- there are a lot of good QBs this year.

You're close. I think we should get our DE and our C in free agency as opposed to the draft. There's a pretty good selection of DTs in this year's senior class and some solid underclassmen who probably will come out early. I just don't know about Smith. He could be all that (he sure has been for OSU this year) or he could be like most of the DEs taken in this past draft and range from underachievers to flat out busts (other than Suggs, who was switched to OLB in Baltimore). Jared Lorenzen?? No thanks; I saw how he gift wrapped the win for Florida this year. Were it not for him, Kentucky would've won that game! Do we need another QB who looks good on paper (good arm, size, etc) but has no composure in the pocket? No thanks.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 02:29 PM
who said anything about passing lanes, we can move mike williams to gaurd, and run 65 -70 times a game.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 02:29 PM

Robert gallery as a RT, and move big mike to RG. we would have Gallery who can actully pass block(go figure) he can run block with the best of them, and has a mean streak like you cant imagine, we might have to move up to get him, but he would make everyone across that offensive line better, and could you imagine Mike Williams and this guy right next to eachother we could run behind them all day. he will be a top 5 pick, but it would be worth it, im salavating just thinking about him in a bills uni. he IS the best player in the draft this year.

He's good but I wouldn't concider him the best player in the draft. I think Roy Williams is pretty good and a few others. That being said I would getting Gallery either.

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Just used Lorentzen as an example of who's around in Rd 3- you might get that kid from NC State- Phil Rivers

You're close. I think we should get our DE and our C in free agency as opposed to the draft. There's a pretty good selection of DTs in this year's senior class and some solid underclassmen who probably will come out early. I just don't know about Smith. He could be all that (he sure has been for OSU this year) or he could be like most of the DEs taken in this past draft and range from underachievers to flat out busts (other than Suggs, who was switched to OLB in Baltimore). Jared Lorenzen?? No thanks; I saw how he gift wrapped the win for Florida this year. Were it not for him, Kentucky would've won that game! Do we need another QB who looks good on paper (good arm, size, etc) but has no composure in the pocket? No thanks.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 02:30 PM

Nope-

He's too big at guard. Guards are usually shorter than tackles so the passing lanes up the middle aren't obscured. Besides, if you are drafting in the top 5 , you better get the #1 rated DE.

If you want a lineman, Get the kid from Miami- he's versitile enough to play at Tackle or Guard- Vernon Carey- and he might be around where the Bills draft

Look at Leonard Davis for the Cardinals!

Michael82
11-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Phil Rivers would be a nice 3rd round pick! :up:

Actually actually looking at the stats and stuff, if we could get Will Smith.... :drool:

This defense would be unstoppable! :D

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I want BEEF!!!!!! Draft All offensive LINE!!!!

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Just used Lorentzen as an example of who's around in Rd 3- you might get that kid from NC State- Phil Rivers

Unfortunately, Rivers has been one of those players that EVEYONE has been talking about, so his stock is rising. Boy, would he be a GREAT pick in the 3rd round, I just don't see it happening though. What do you think of this:

(my dream offseason)

sign Eric Hicks from KC to start at DE
sign Damien Woody from NE to start at C
draft Vince Wilfork of Miami or Tommie Harris of Oklahoma at DT
draft Adrien Clarke of OSU or Stephen Peterman of LSU at OG
draft Jeff Smoker of Mich St or Phillip Rivers of NCSU at QB

now what would you think of those changes?

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 02:47 PM

Unfortunately, Rivers has been one of those players that EVEYONE has been talking about, so his stock is rising. Boy, would he be a GREAT pick in the 3rd round, I just don't see it happening though. What do you think of this:

(my dream offseason)

sign Eric Hicks from KC to start at DE
sign Damien Woody from NE to start at C
draft Vince Wilfork of Miami or Tommie Harris of Oklahoma at DT
draft Adrien Clarke of OSU or Stephen Peterman of LSU at OG
draft Jeff Smoker of Mich St or Phillip Rivers of NCSU at QB

now what would you think of those changes?

I agree with everyone except for smoker didn't he already have to enter rehab for alcohol. If we couldn't get Manning I sure wouldn't mind Rivers but if people don't like Bledsoe he is almost a clone except I think he gets rid of the ball a lot quicker.:)

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Drafting a center in Rd 2 will allow you to move Teague to Pucillo's spot. Teague hasn't been the best center- his shotgun snapping making it an adventure. But he's not horrific in basic blocking either. I think he would do just fine at Guard.

Yeah- you can cut him and take a small salcap hit- then add in the cost of a new guy in FA with his bonuses, and before you know it the cap space gets eaten up. Keeping Teague allows for versatility and saves some space to go after a Kearse or other big fish.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 02:51 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ncst/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/p-rivers.jpg
http://gopack.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rivers_philip01.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/players/2271/

http://www.philiprivers.com/home.asp

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I agree with everyone except for smoker didn't he already have to enter rehab for alcohol. If we couldn't get Manning I sure wouldn't mind Rivers but if people don't like Bledsoe he is almost a clone except I think he gets rid of the ball a lot quicker.:)

Yeah, Rivers has much better pocket presence. As for Smoker, this guy can PLAY! I'd take him if he's there in the 3rd without hesitation!! People are always looking for something to use against these players; wasn't Dan Marino a drunk and a druggie too? And wasn't Warren Sapp a notorious pothead? Moss was one too, right? Big deal. If the guy shows up at a combine with a six pack in his hand, then you know he has problems. Personally, I think he'll do fine and is worthy of consideration in the 3rd round.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 02:56 PM

Yeah, Rivers has much better pocket presence. As for Smoker, this guy can PLAY! I'd take him if he's there in the 3rd without hesitation!! People are always looking for something to use against these players; wasn't Dan Marino a drunk and a druggie too? And wasn't Warren Sapp a notorious pothead? Moss was one too, right? Big deal. If the guy shows up at a combine with a six pack in his hand, then you know he has problems. Personally, I think he'll do fine and is worthy of consideration in the 3rd round.

I agree but all of them have me attitudes as well. Which is why they do the drugs and what not because they don't care that he is part of a team and just does it for his own agenda. I want a quality person along with being a good football player IMO. I hear what your sayign but that's just how I feel.:beer:

Bulldog
11-10-2003, 03:06 PM
I like Rutherford from Pitt. He is big, strong, and has the ability to scramble when needed. I thought he played very well against a tough Virginia Tech. defense. Don't know where he is projected to go in the draft. Anyone have a link to his profile?

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I like Rutherford from Pitt. He is big, strong, and has the ability to scramble when needed. I thought he played very well against a tough Virginia Tech. defense. Don't know where he is projected to go in the draft. Anyone have a link to his profile?

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/football/info/rutherford/

Will McGahee Fast
11-10-2003, 03:11 PM
This years draft is so deep that if we pick a O-lineman #1 our #2 pick could possibly be a 1st rounder in another draft. This years draft is the one a team needs multiple picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds, because of all the talent.

As for drafting a QB, unless its Manning I wouldnt draft one in the 1st 2 rounds. There will be some good qbs slipping to teh 3rd and 4th rounds. Not to mention we need alot more then a rookie qb to help us out.

Bulldog
11-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/football/info/rutherford/

Thanks Spaz. I knew this kid was good, but god damn his numbers are ridiculous. 27 TD's and only 6 picks. I wonder where he will go in the draft. He has played pretty well in the big games which is also a major plus.

DraftBoy
11-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Ok time for my 2 cents:

1. Gallery wont be falling below Atl and there isnt a shot in hell we finish below them with or without Vick.

2. Manning is good but not as good as advertised.

3. Rivers is a player, but he lacks the ideal arm strength we need to throw it deep.

4. Smoker is a solid QB but about as immobile as Bledsoe and has been indecisive at times. He is most commonly compare to Bledsoe.

5. Will Smith is the real deal, did you guys see him in MIB I and II. (ok stole it from MelK, but whatever) He is putting up serious numbers at OSU, and puts fear in the opposing teams OT before game time. Him with Spikes, and Fletcher could defintely turn up the heat.

6. Round 1: DE (Smith
Round 2: OT (more research needed although the kid from Miami looks good)
Round 3: QB (Harris!!!!!)

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 03:23 PM
If you are talking about Vernon Carey- he will be gone in the top 12.

Get a Center in Rd 2

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
What about J.P. Losman as a QB?

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tul/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/p-losman.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players/47584/

or Ben Roethlisberger if he comes out.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/mioh/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/roethlisbergerb-h.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players/53419/

DraftBoy
11-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Ben will be the #1 or #2 QB taken, Losman should be 3rd or 4th taken, all gone in round 1 likely. Team liks Pittsburg, KC, Green Bay are looking for new QB's for their teams as backups/spot startes.

DraftBoy
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Why start a rookie C, would rather draft an OT and move Jennings inside. Just not a good C class this year, was good last year with Nelson but not this year it appears

Bulldog
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Ok time for my 2 cents:

1. Gallery wont be falling below Atl and there isnt a shot in hell we finish below them with or without Vick.

2. Manning is good but not as good as advertised.

3. Rivers is a player, but he lacks the ideal arm strength we need to throw it deep.

4. Smoker is a solid QB but about as immobile as Bledsoe and has been indecisive at times. He is most commonly compare to Bledsoe.

5. Will Smith is the real deal, did you guys see him in MIB I and II. (ok stole it from MelK, but whatever) He is putting up serious numbers at OSU, and puts fear in the opposing teams OT before game time. Him with Spikes, and Fletcher could defintely turn up the heat.

6. Round 1: DE (Smith
Round 2: OT (more research needed although the kid from Miami looks good)
Round 3: QB (Harris!!!!!)

Who's Harris?

Bulldog
11-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Any word on what round Rutherford is expected to go in?

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

I think they will go with Shawn Andrews, just a hunch though.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Season ended today....

1)Jags (2-7) Don't need a QB
2) SD (2-7) Don't need a QB
3) Raiders (2-7) Need QB
4) Atlanta (2-7) Don't need a QB
5) Bears (3-6) Need QB
6) Cards (3-6) Need QB
7) Browns (3-6) Maybe need a QB
8) Houston (3-6) Dont need QB
9) Pittsburgh(3-6) Need QB
10) Lions (3-6) Dont need QB
11) GB (4-4) May draft Farve's replacement.

SD isnt looking for a QB, are they starting a 41 year old for laughs?

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Here is the low down on rutherford. First off, i want us to draft him as our QB of the future, because my last name is rutherford, and i want a rutherford bills jersey.

1. He is a lefty(we wouldnt have to move MW to LT, but do you really want turnstile williams protecting his blind side?)

2. He is somewhat small at 6-3. I dont have a problem with this, but remember Grossmans stock shooting up when he came in half an inch taller at the combines last year, made him a shoe in for a first rounder.

3. take his stats with a grain of salt, he is throwing to this years heismen winner Larry Fitzgerald.

4.became the first Pittsburgh quarterback since Alex Van Pelt in 1989 to lead the Panthers to a bowl-winning season in his initial year as a starter

He is a boarderline first day pick(3rd-4th rounder) worth picking up IMO.

DraftBoy
11-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Worth a shot, just wish he would run more. We need a versatile threat for this offense, so D's wont blitz the house at us.

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 07:45 PM
All this draft speculation is fine, but one HUGE element is missing from the equation...Who will the coaching staff be? I wouldn't want to pin all my hopes on unproven rookies, particularly if TD has a major brain fart and keeps GW and Co around another year.

Ingtar33
11-10-2003, 08:44 PM
the true winners of this years QB class will be...

Eli Manning
Casey Clausen

Last Year: Predicted that, Byron Leftwitch was the special man in that draft. The Bengals would make a mistake to draft Palmer. My steal of the draft was Jason Gesser, well he went undrafted, though he made the Titians and looked fantastic in pre-season.

Year before: Predicted that, David Caar was something special... not great, but the best in the draft, top 10 talent. Harrington would likely be a bust and was a stretch to take higher than 20.

((btw: you really cannot grade out a QB until 3 or 4 years have passed, this is just a little self congratulation, for something that is one of the hardest things in sports to predict))