Who still thinks Drew can get the job done here in Buffalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Who still thinks Drew can get the job done here in Buffalo?

I'm just curious. B/c as the weather moves eastward, so shall Drew's performances continue to degrade to the point where fans will be asking, no, screaming for Van Pelt.

So I'm just curious who those fans are for "tracking" purposes. I'll be back after the Indy game of course for a check up.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• BillsMan80
    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
    • Jul 2002

Dare I say I am coming over to the dark side? Wys, I am starting to see it that way, simply because we could have won that game if he only did not fumble twice. Take the sacks, don't fumble, and we win the game, but no, Drew can't even do that anymore. Drew takes the blame, and needs to play lights out the rest of the year for my opinion to change, but that doesn't look good.
    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

Drew's time here is up. He's done. He's washed up.

"Write it, print it, fax it, photocopy it. Drew Bledsoe is horrible."
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Like I said many times, Drew has his weaknesses.

They can be easily coached/game planned around, IMO.

He also has his strengths, which can also be enhanced with a decent gameplan.

I didn't see one play-action pass yesterday...

Comment

• Rude American
          EE is my American Idol
          • Jul 2002

Yes I still think he's got it. Nobody could perform in b-lo right now.
          You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

The only QB who can get the job done IN BUFFALO is the Joe Montana of 1984. I can't think of a QB that can succeed when he has no running game for defenses to fear, no scheme to protect him (that's not too much for any QB to ask), and no routes that actually go downfield. The West Coast offense does not work unless you have Hall-of-Famers running it! No, we do not have a HOF QB, so let's have an offense that doesn't ask him to be one.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

I don't know what to make of Bledsoe. I don't want to believe that he can't get it done, but he has had the propensity to play poorly on the road and in big games. That's not talking trash, that's the truth. That also doesen't mean that he will always play like that in those circumstances. There's still hope, but it is fading.

Comment

• zone
                No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                Drew's performances continue to degrade to the point where fans will be asking, no, screaming for Van Pelt.
                Yea lets put in AVP he can continue his stellar performance for the KC game.... That was probably drews fault too though right?
                www.blzbus.com

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                  New and Improved!!
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by zone

Yea lets put in AVP he can continue his stellar performance for the KC game.... That was probably drews fault too though right?
                  Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Nothing is EVER drews fault. EEVeRRRRR
                  Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• BillsMan80
                    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                    • Jul 2002

Zone, who's fault was it for the pathetic showing offensively until AVP got into the game in KC? Who's fault was it for the Jets game. Who's fault was it for the Miami game. Who is at fault for the Philly game. And this Dallas game? Yep, Drew is the major reason. He makes this offense go or fail. And more times than not this year, it has failed.
                    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                      Like I said many times, Drew has his weaknesses.

They can be easily coached/game planned around, IMO.

He also has his strengths, which can also be enhanced with a decent gameplan.

I didn't see one play-action pass yesterday...
                      So you're saying that all it's gonna take is some "enhancement" then.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                        New and Improved!!
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                        The only QB who can get the job done IN BUFFALO is the Joe Montana of 1984. I can't think of a QB that can succeed when he has no running game for defenses to fear, no scheme to protect him (that's not too much for any QB to ask), and no routes that actually go downfield. The West Coast offense does not work unless you have Hall-of-Famers running it! No, we do not have a HOF QB, so let's have an offense that doesn't ask him to be one.

Oh, we're running the WCO now? wrong sports section bro, you must be looking at the one from 3 years ago.

Comment

• zone
                          • Oct 2003

PLAYER STATISTICS
                          CP/AT YDS TD INT
                          D. Bledsoe 23/34 153 0 3
                          A. Van Pelt 2/4 12 0 2

Do I even have to post mins in the game AVP threw 4 times and 2 of them were picked off. do you see a trend with the play at qb on this team... hmmmmm maybee it is not all there fault, go figure.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                            Zone, who's fault was it for the pathetic showing offensively until AVP got into the game in KC?
                            until AVP go in the game? do you even watch the games... get a clue bro.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Pride
                              • Jul 2002

I do, but not with this coaching staff... and maybe not even with TD.

What I fear more than letting bledsoe go, is who we would get to replace him.

Not since Jim Kelly in 95-96 have we had a guy who can get the job done... on ANY level.

I do agree that a replacement for Drew should be found immediately, so that the NEXT coaching staff can groom him. But I think Drew should get 1 more season.

Comment

Working...
                              X