PDA

View Full Version : It's simple science

Rude American
11-10-2003, 09:25 AM
in order to test the effect of one variable you chage that variable while holding the others constant. Getting rid of Drew, Williams and Gilbride tells us nothing about Drew.

I refue to blame any one player for this garbage. Nobody could perform under these morons. We have the worst coaching staff in the league and the play-calling is even worse.

Blaming Drew for 5-yard routes on 3rd and 8 is just plain stupid.

Pass, run, pass, punt. Repeat until time has expired. Brilliant.

Jan Reimers
11-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Well said, Rude. I'd love to have an OC who could at least recognize Drew's strengths and weaknesses, properly utilize Gash, put some play action into the game plan, run the ball on 3rd and short, and do the other little things that OCs with an ounce of brain matter generally do.

Mr. Miyagi
11-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Sounds like Coughlin to me. ;)

The_Philster
11-10-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm in total agreement with this. Does Drew have problems? Yes. Is he the only problem? Hell no!! The one thing that has shown to be a problem without a doubt is the coaching. Maybe he could do better with an actual coach. Maybe not.

WG
11-10-2003, 06:28 PM
I can see us trying varying combinations w/ Blew for another 5 or 6 years prior to coming to the exact same revelation and conclusion that NE did.

Just look at his career. I quite honestly cannot see how 8 seasons can be entirely overlooked as if his poor play during them was "all but his" fault.

It's laughable!

What you guys are saying is that we start w/ the coaches and then start wholsaling the rest of the O if that doesn't do the trick.

All you have to do is watch him. The difference between you guys and those of us realizing it's him is that we can tell the difference in why he's sucking. It's poor throws and decision making under pressure, which have little to do with coaching and everything to do with him, Dredsoe!

As the season progresses you guys are gonna find that hanging onto that argument becomes more and more difficult as well as more and more foolish.

WG
11-10-2003, 06:28 PM
P.S. It has nothing to do w/ science which is based on repetition and duplicity in its experiments, but has everything to do w/ common sense!