PDA

View Full Version : o-line move that must be made...now.

eyedog
11-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Since teams are blitzing us at every opportunity and destroying the interior of the o-line { g to g } changes have to be made now.
What they need to do is keep Price at lt, as he seems to hold his own and put Jennings in at rg. Something has to be done to at least slow down the blitzing as the interior line is getting steamrolled.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by eyedog
Since teams are blitzing us at every opportunity and destroying the interior of the o-line { g to g } changes have to be made now.
What they need to do is keep Price at lt, as he seems to hold his own and put Jennings in at rg. Something has to be done to at least slow down the blitzing as the interior line is getting steamrolled.

Yes Price has starting aability and we must get Pucillo the **** out of there now!!!!!!!:2guns:

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 10:18 AM
I agree that something needs to be done, but at the expense of depth at tackle? Then again, Pussywillow is killing this team offensively!! There was one play in particular where he caused a sack by someone he wasn't even blocking. The entire right side blocked down, except Pussywillow didn't block ANYONE and Big Mike had to block his man! That left the guy who Big Mike should've blocked free to pressure the QB. Plays like this one have been way too frequent this year. I'd love to see Pussywillow cut and cut NOW! Who really believes that any team would want this guy if we did cut him?

Michael82
11-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
I agree that something needs to be done, but at the expense of depth at tackle? Then again, Pussywillow is killing this team offensively!! There was one play in particular where he caused a sack by someone he wasn't even blocking. The entire right side blocked down, except Pussywillow didn't block ANYONE and Big Mike had to block his man! That left the guy who Big Mike should've blocked free to pressure the QB. Plays like this one have been way too frequent this year. I'd love to see Pussywillow cut and cut NOW! Who really believes that any team would want this guy if we did cut him?

Gregg Williams believes! :snicker:

Michael82
11-10-2003, 10:23 AM
I still want to see Mike Pucillo benched and see how much better Marques Sullivan would be. I wonder if he slept with Gregg Williams' wife or something. Hmmmm.... :scratch:

WG
11-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Teague is getting a tremendous pass in this thread!

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I don't think Teague is gettign a pass but we don't really have a true center to replace him with. Pucillo can have Sullivan or Jonas replace him with a few line adjustments.

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Hindsight's a *****.

Jan Reimers
11-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah, Teague should be replaced, too, and probably Ruben as well. We just don't have enough warm bodies.

eyedog
11-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Teague sucks too. The problem there is we don't have anyone else to play center. Next year this team needs a new center and at least one new guard if not two.

zone
11-10-2003, 10:38 AM
RB screwed us agian with on of his clockwork screw ups.

R. Rich
11-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

You know my thoughts on the offensive line (or at least, you should). I think we're okay at the tackle spots, but from guard to guard, we're horrible. That includes Ruben Brown. It's time to get 3 guys in here who can really knock people off the ball and jump start the running game.

eyedog
11-10-2003, 11:05 AM
That is the problem exactly R. Rich. The tackles are adequate and will hopefully improve with experience but the interior of this line is downright terrible. If they would do their jobs everybody across the board on the offense gets better. It all starts with the line and they are not getting it done plain and simple and they are killing this whole season.