• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Blame the right people

Honestly, not that I'm a blind Drew supporter, but I really think we can't blame it all on him.

Whose fault is it that we suck?

Gregg Williams and Kevin Gilbride.

That's it. That's the list. They go, we win. End of story.
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

Your list is missing the biggest piece of dead weight we have. #11.
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Drew would be 10x better if he had the right plays coming through his helmet.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
        • Sep 2003

If our Offensive line would be able to block for more than a 1 1/4 step drop and we called some half decent offensive plays, Drew would be doing fine right now.

I guess we'll just have to suck it up while our current coaching staff embarasses our precious franchise, hopefully they're all gone after this year, if not sooner.

Comment

• LarryBoy
          The world needs a hero!
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
          If our Offensive line would be able to block for more than a 1 1/4 step drop and we called some half decent offensive plays, Drew would be doing fine right now.

I agree.
          Bills Rock!

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
            New and Improved!!
            • Aug 2003

Yes, and then we could bring him to see the wizzard, and He could get a new Brain, and a new Heart, and Courage. Cuz he doesn't have any of those.
            Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Our problem isnt DB (hopefully), the OL, or the RBs/WRs

It is our Offensive Philosophy.

How many times did we see Sam Gash SPLIT OUT WIDE yesterday?

I mean, come on!

Our problems begin and end with KG (GW allows it so fire his ass too). KG's offense is not defined. One play we are smash mouth, the next we are lining 3 TE's and Moulds up inside the hashes for a PASS or RUN play??? MOOOORROOOON!!

I was sitting on my couch yesterday watching the game, and I could telling (simply by looking at the formation) what the play was going to be.

We do too much 3 TE in the STANDing position
              Not enough 3 wides, single RB
              Not enough I formation
              We shouldnt use Gash as a WR
              We should use the TEs to BLOCK instead of act like decoys
              AND FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, STOP PASSING ON 3rd and 2!!!!!!!!!

I could go on, and on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

It's easy to blame Drew.

It takes a little more thought to consider schemes, formations, routes, play-calling, philosophies, etc.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Drew and the rest of the players are like construction workers. They are good enough to build whatever building you want them to, but you have to have the right architect to draw up the right plans for them to build.

And we have terrible architects right now. No wonder our crew can't do anything right.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                      • Sep 2003

architects get all the credit... Engineers are the ones that put the plans to work :)

I do agree though, we need better architects, engineers, etc.., whatever you want to call them!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

I agree with all the above statements. Drew can produce in the right scheme, but that obviously isn't happening any time soon. I think that he would be more useful in a Trent Green like atmosphere. Rarely throwing downfield, quick slants and screens all day (quick release plays), play action passes, and a dominate running game.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

If there were any evidence that Blew's ever played more than two good seasons, then perhaps this reasoning stating that "it isn't Blew's fault" would resonate. But yesterday's game was a toss-up between Blew and Dilbride!

Own up to the fact that if Blew doesn't handle the ball like an inexperienced rookie, then we win. It is that simple. His, Blew's, TO/FUM cost us that game and the second one didn't do anything to help us win. He, not the OL, not any other part of the team played more poorly than any other part.

The fact that some of you just can't pry yourselves away from Blew is revealing.

The OL was fine last year and he still threw away 7 games on 18 TOs. What are the excuses for that? Last year it was the D when the D played well and the O still couldn't put up any points. How unfair was that to the D last year over our last 10!

The trouble is with Blew. We'll see in the upcoming games. He'll easily double his INT total to date. Then what are ya gonna say? Replace 7 of 10 guys around him? Gimme a break here.

Ditch Blew and half our battle is over. The other is w/ TD and properly assessing our team's needs! So far Donahoe gets a D-grade for doing that properly.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Four words sum up this offense:

"**** in, **** out."

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Please Wys, do you honestly think that another QB with all the exact same plays called would've won the game for us yesterday?

NO.

Comment

Working...
                              X