PDA

View Full Version : Blame the right people. Part II

madness
11-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Yes Kevin Gilbride should be fired, but I don't know if GW should shoulder the blame for our recent woes. I think he's stuck in a catch-22 here. I hate to say it but some blame may fall on TD!

He's the one who brought KG in. Everyone knows they have strong ties from Pittsburgh, which makes you wonder how friendship and loyalty ties into all this. I think GW wants KG out but can't do anything about it. He's fighting for a new contract and going against the OC and GM wouldn't be in his best interest.

It would be unfortunate if GW gets booted at the end of the year for the teams offensive woes. Our defense has drastically improved and even though we've had trouble with our return game, special teams have stepped up this year also. I think TD gave KG full control of the offense and GW has nothing left to do but to defend the ship and go down with it.

WG
11-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Fully agree 23!

Everyone's praised TD for being a "good poker player" and "genius", but the coaches can only do things with the talent they've got and that befalls TD.

TD is the one who's neglected the lines and not drafted any real help for them or replacements for the future as PW and Brown age.

Meanwhile, he makes some high profile moves and the fans scream "how high" everytime the FO says "jump."

TD needs to start being held accountable.

madness
11-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I still can't imagine why he would hire someone with a track record like KG's. I mean, did he think Travis Henry was going to be a bust and we would have to resort to an all out passing attack? KG has been so inconsistant with the run throught-out his whole career, even a meer fan like me could have seen this coming.