PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the Bills

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 12:43 PM
If the Bills lose to the Texans at home next Sunday, then it's time to send a message to One Bills Drive.

My suggestion is that we try and rally a complete fan boycott against the Bills. Nobody go into the Ralph during the game against Indy. Rather, gather as much bodies as humanly possible and picket in the parking lots. A complete strike by the fans!

Send out multiple threads to multiple web sites, draw up some flyers, and verbally distribute the idea to everyone you know.

Tailgating still commences, mass quantities are still consumed, but nearly every seat in that 70,000 seat stadium is vacant. ESPN, CNN, Fox News....ALL of the major stations would jump on the chance to cover a story like that.

Then when Mr. Wilson sees his beloved fans calling for heads in the parking lot, and all over TV land, then perhaps something will be done and we will get instant results.

This type of action does not question are loyalty either. Rather, it shows how much we truly care for this team and how much we are really tired of all the BS!

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 12:45 PM
But... I want to watch the game...

How about a well orchestrated "Gregg must go" chant?

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
But... I want to watch the game...

Listen to on the radio in the parking lot. I'll bring a keg.

Novacane
11-10-2003, 12:52 PM

You can get kicked out for that. Ask MIkey:couch:

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 01:01 PM
The men should burn tickets and jerseys in the parking lot, and the women can burn their bras.

Also, there should be some sort of Sexual Revolution to get things really going.

Seriously, this is an opportunity for the fans to speak our minds and generate our opinions . If the Bills lose to Houston next Sunday, the stadium is sure to be empty agansit Indy anyway. Why not just make it a big party in out front and send a message while doing it?

Novacane
11-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Because it won't change a thing. Ralph is not going to fire GW and KG until we are officially out of the playoff hunt and more likely not until the season is over.

At this point I agree. Why bother firing him now. this team ain't going anywhere. Might as well wait till the offseason and clean house.

WG
11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Tailgating still commences, mass quantities are still consumed, but nearly every seat in that 70,000 seat stadium is vacant. ESPN, CNN, Fox News....ALL of the major stations would jump on the chance to cover a story like that.

Then when Mr. Wilson sees his beloved fans calling for heads in the parking lot, and all over TV land, then perhaps something will be done and we will get instant results.

This type of action does not question are loyalty either. Rather, it shows how much we truly care for this team and how much we are really tired of all the BS!

I'll wear my Conehead mask and charade as Beldar from France!

I think this is going overboard. If that's what you want to do, get it together, and start an online petition stating the things you want corrected and then send the link/list to Ralph.

Then also tell them straight up as I have done, if A, B, C, ... are not corrected or still the case, then you're not buyin' seasons next year. The fans on this site can crow about Dredsoe all they want, but I'm not sending in a dime for tickets next season if Blew isn't at least challenged for the roster spot next year. And I'm not gonna fall prey to any false notions that some 6th round rookie is there to "push Blew" any.

They'll respond when they see that they're in jeopardy of not selling seasons. I've already gotten several e-mails, one from a person who reads regularly who says her boss is PO'd and isn't getting seasons next year either.

TD was brought in to: Fix the cap, sell tickets, and put a winning product on the field. The first was done but is quickly becoming an issue again. Not so much in cap hell, but in the manor in which our scarce cap bucks were spent. We loaded up in areas that weren't our biggest needs. One more offseason like that and TD should be shown the door.

Anyway, on the second point, TD succeeded, but only temporarily. He's also hitched his future here to Blew and McGahee's success. As they go, so does his credibility and approach. Shaky at this point in time.

On the third point, we are nowhere near having a winning product on the field. And as I see it, there's no way, due to neglect on the lines and at our QB play, that we can correct all that in just one offseason. So enter "rebuilding phase #2", see my last Dohahoe's Dilemma article for that.

Buffalo is not NYC or DC. Fans have better things to do with their money that pay for what we're seeing now. Heck, why should I buy seasons when I can go get tickets handed to me 2 for $10 at the gates? Why?

Meanwhile, we'll likely be sold on the concept that LeBeau's gonna do for us what he did for Cincy,...:scared:...., and that w/ GW gone, LB's gonna "step up." Sorry, but if I bite on that then I deserve to see a 5-11 headed team play late in the season.

Winning sells tickets. Unfortunately, we don't have a winning team. We've beaten only one credible team this season, namely the Pats, and we a) had all offseason to prepare, and b) are gonna get our asses handed right back to us in week 17 by the same team.

WG
11-10-2003, 01:19 PM
The men should burn tickets and jerseys in the parking lot, and the women can burn their bras.

Also, there should be some sort of Sexual Revolution to get things really going.

Seriously, this is an opportunity for the fans to speak our minds and generate our opinions . If the Bills lose to Houston next Sunday, the stadium is sure to be empty agansit Indy anyway. Why not just make it a big party in out front and send a message while doing it?

I'll toss in $20 to anyone who goes streaking across the field at the Jets game!

Anyone else wanna sweeten the pot?

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
So be it. Then everyone just keep *****ing and watch the season continue to crumble. Throw your hard earned money away on this BS.

Everyone is so highly opinionated, but not one of you has the balls to get out and change things. Your money is just fuel for the fire. TD has already denounced the fans and apparently he's right. What we say just doesn't matter. The Bills will continue to half heartedly play, and each of us has no problem funding the losses.

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Listen to on the radio in the parking lot. I'll bring a keg.

Count me in on the boycott!!!

I'll be watching the game on TV here in NYC with hundreds of other fans. That counts, right? :D

Historian
11-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I'll wear my Conehead mask and charade as Beldar from France!

You mean the same mask you wore to the Redskins game????

:doh:

:lolcry:

Novacane
11-10-2003, 01:42 PM
So be it. Then everyone just keep *****ing and watch the season continue to crumble. Throw your hard earned money away on this BS.

You'll be giving the Bills more money than I will. I ain't even gonna pay them the $15 for parking. I'll stay home and watch the NFL ticket.

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

You'll be giving the Bills more money than I will. I ain't even gonna pay them the $15 for parking. I'll stay home and watch the NFL ticket.

Taking the easy way out? As will most. I understand. Staying home and cussing at the TV has always worked so well. If you think that my idea stupid, well you're not alone, but at the very least go to the game and join in on the booing.

venis2k1
11-10-2003, 01:51 PM
If the Bills lose to the Texans at home next Sunday, then it's time to send a message to One Bills Drive.

My suggestion is that we try and rally a complete fan boycott against the Bills. Nobody go into the Ralph during the game against Indy. Rather, gather as much bodies as humanly possible and picket in the parking lots. A complete strike by the fans!

Send out multiple threads to multiple web sites, draw up some flyers, and verbally distribute the idea to everyone you know.

lets be honest, who is the only person that this will hurt, Ralph. And he is the one person that you cant blame for the bills doing what they are doing, with all the money he spent this offseason, giving TD free reign, besides, only 10 months till football season.

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

lets be honest, who is the only person that this will hurt, Ralph. And he is the one person that you cant blame for the bills doing what they are doing, with all the money he spent this offseason, giving TD free reign, besides, only 10 months till football season.

His also the one guy that can make sure that things get changed. When Butler left town, Wilson got up on that platform and promised everyone us that "great things" lay ahead.

3 years later...........I'm still waiting.

Novacane
11-10-2003, 01:54 PM

Taking the easy way out? As will most. I understand. Staying home and cussing at the TV has always worked so well. If you think that my idea stupid, well you're not alone, but at the very least go to the game and join in on the booing.

I don't think your idea is stupid. I just think a better way to get Ralph's attention is to not buy a ticket at all. If you buy a ticket and then don't go into the stadium do you think Ralph would really care?

Novacane
11-10-2003, 01:56 PM

Don't those 2 statement contradict eachother?

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 01:56 PM
The only problem I have with anyone boycotting the Bills is that it's a much further trip to Los Angeles than Buffalo for my yearly trip to a game.

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 01:59 PM

I don't think your idea is stupid. I just think a better way to get Ralph's attention is to not buy a ticket at all. If you buy a ticket and then don't go into the stadium do you think Ralph would really care?

Who said anything about purchasing tickets? I'll be out front drinking a couple cold ones listening to another loss on the radio. If everyone protested outside, not to go inside, it would draw mass media attention forcing an honest look a the fate of this team. It also shows the loyalty of the fans. Just a little "Tough Love".

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 02:01 PM

Don't those 2 statement contradict eachother?

I could see how you would think that. Allow me to clarify.

Voice your opinion. Sitting at home solves nothing. Rather you end up looking like nothing more than a pouting child.

My suggestion voices an opinion while continuing support for the team. Your's gets the team sold to LA.

doug45
11-10-2003, 03:11 PM
The best way to get his attention has already started. A lot of people are not renewing season tickets. I know Ralph is not getting my $3500.00 a year anymore.

The Spaz
11-10-2003, 03:13 PM
If you don't want the Buffalo Bills around anymore go ahead and boycott them!!!!

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 03:14 PM

No offense, but I always get a bit irked when people suggest boycotts that others have to do most the work.

You live in Atlanta- how much effort do you put into a boycott?

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 03:15 PM
I got 4 tickets- Buy them off me and I'll stay home

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
You can get kicked out for that. Ask MIkey:couch:

Is that really true?

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

No offense, but I always get a bit irked when people suggest boycotts that others have to do most the work.

You live in Atlanta- how much effort do you put into a boycott?

Let's put it this way, I'd be there weekly if necessary. My father is a Delta employee and I am included in his flight benefits. In 2001 I flew in out of Buffalo over 15x that year. 2002 I was in and out around 10x. 2003 I had to take a step back, because of personal issues that I'd rather not get into at this time. However, I was looking into getting season passes for 2004 and making the weekly trip.

I lived in Buffalo for the first half of my life. I've been an avid fan as far back as I can remember. The family that I have still residing in Buffalo owns season tickets and has for nearly 20 years. I can back it up.........but if no one else is willing......

RedEyE
11-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
If you don't want the Buffalo Bills around anymore go ahead and boycott them!!!!

You obvioulsy didn't bother to even read the thread.

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 08:44 PM
You obvioulsy didn't bother to even read the thread.

Actually, he DID! For one thing, the Bills sold somewhere around 40,000 season tickets this year. They also have all the Club Seats and luxury boxes leased through this season, so they already have their money. After this current season, the stadium lease enters into its "buyout phase." For the next ten years, Wilson (or the new owner if Wilson sells the team) can buy out of the remaining years of the lease agreement with Erie County. As mass boycott, as you suggest, could be all the inducement Wilson might need to either buy out and move the team, or sell to some Dan Snyder-like schmuck on the west coast. Anything's possible these days...

AG75
11-10-2003, 10:22 PM
I could not do it because as aggravated as I get, I will always want the Bills around. Buffalo is a small market with a ton of problems, boycotting the Bills would imho be a disaster, and could help aide into moving them into L.A., San Antonio, Austin, etc etc any bigger market looking for a team.

The_Philster
11-11-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Actually, he DID! For one thing, the Bills sold somewhere around 40,000 season tickets this year. They also have all the Club Seats and luxury boxes leased through this season, so they already have their money. After this current season, the stadium lease enters into its "buyout phase." For the next ten years, Wilson (or the new owner if Wilson sells the team) can buy out of the remaining years of the lease agreement with Erie County. As mass boycott, as you suggest, could be all the inducement Wilson might need to either buy out and move the team, or sell to some Dan Snyder-like schmuck on the west coast. Anything's possible these days...
Yeah...boycott the Bills and we could very well lose them.
I guess people need to read this thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30230) sometime. :cynic:

Michael82
11-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Is that really true?

Yup, apparently you could get thrown out for using vulgarity to let the head coach know what you really think of him. All I did was call him an ******* and make some damn adjustments, so we could turn things around in the second half, as he was walking into the tunnel for the half. We were losing at halftime.

I think it was the damn Eagles game where we were down 13-0. :madcurse:

THATHURMANATOR
11-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

I agree. I will be at every game no matter what.

The_Philster
11-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I agree. I will be at every game no matter what.

Well..as long as you don't get kicked out :D

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:32 PM
I think yelling vulgarities is why security wanted your ass, not your opinions. When you become a nuisance to the fans who paid good money to see the games, they will jack you out of there.

helmetguy
11-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think yelling vulgarities is why security wanted your ass, not your opinions. When you become a nuisance to the fans who paid good money to see the games, they will jack you out of there.

Is that how it works, Thurm?