PDA

View Full Version : Our team needs some controversy

Mr. Miyagi
11-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Look at Oakland, after Woodson came out and blasted the coach, they played much better yesterday even though they lost.

McNabb got the Limbaugh treatment and now he's playing much better.

The Redskins have a near mutiny on Spurrier's hands, and Snyder almost fired him on the spot, and they won convincingly yesterday.

We need something to spark our team. Maybe someone should run his mouth on ESPN or something. There's no character on this team.

Valerie
11-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Mr. MiyagiThe Redskins have a near mutiny on Spurrier's hands, and Snyder almost fired him on the spot, and they won convincingly yesterday.

We need something to spark our team. Maybe someone should run his mouth on ESPN or something. There's no character on this team.
I would hardly call the Redskins win yesterday convincing! They got LUCKY plain and simple! And from what they've been saying down here, Spurrier didn't make a lot of the calls yesterday. He turned that over to Hue Jackson.

Following a week of local and national ridicule after his team looked disorganized and overmatched in a defeat at Dallas eight days ago, Spurrier handed the keys to his precious offense to assistant coach Hue Jackson, making his young offensive coordinator the primary play-caller.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19054-2003Nov9.html

Secondly, I've been saying that the Bills lack character and heart for a few weeks now. And frankly, I think this falls on the shoulders of both the coaches and the players.

caveboy
11-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Maybe Fletcher needs to grab Drew by the facemask on national TV and pull a woody.

Woody Hayes that is.

;- p

Yeah, I think there needs to be a lot more emotion than I'm seeing. Tired bs of hearing GW after a loss, "Well, we didn't do some things we needed to do."

Really? Wow, some deep s_ _there.