PDA

View Full Version : Will Bledsoe hurt our coaching search

Novacane
11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Jerry Sullivan wrote today that

Gilbride has an unwarranted belief in Bledsoe. He's clinging to a myth, which is why he should have been fired by now. He'll be gone, along with Williams, by the start of next season. Bledsoe will be someone else's albatross - just as Rob Johnson was for Williams when he took over.

I agree....................I think having Drew around may hurt our chances at some of the better coaching canidates this offseason. Would you want your future hanging on an 11year vet that plays like a rookie?

Rude American
11-10-2003, 01:06 PM
would you want to be an 11-year vet having to play for a coach that knows less than a rookie?

Novacane
11-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I don't think I understand your question

IHateTheDullphins
11-10-2003, 01:15 PM
I don't think RA understands anything.

northernbillfan
11-10-2003, 01:16 PM
As frustrating as it is for us fans, it must be even more so for Drew. Knowing he has the tools to do the job, but having the OC call stupid plays must be driving him crazy.

Too bad Drew didn't call more audibles at the line at take control from Gilbride.

Rude American
11-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Jerry Sullivan wrote today that

[I]Would you want your future hanging on an 11year vet that plays like a rookie?

Williams and Gilbride hurt Drew's rep alot more than he hurt theirs. He's playing porrly because of the system.

lob passes that should only be attempted in the red zone when there's a mismatch...the play calling is just horrible

WG
11-10-2003, 02:00 PM
"Myth" is a great word. I wish I had first incorporated it.

A perfect match for Blew's entire career; mythical!

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2003, 02:01 PM
If I was a potential coach, I would be drooling at the opportunity to coach this team.

XNOUGHT
11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
If I was a potential coach, I would be drooling at the opportunity to coach this team.

agreed

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Not many job openings out there with a playoff- caliber roster

Michael82
11-10-2003, 02:23 PM

Good post! :bf1:

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
agreed

Oh man, a Patriots fan actually agrees with the fact that we have a good team? :eek:

Michael82
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Not many job openings out there with a playoff- caliber roster

EXACTLY! This is a dream come true. i could see Tom Coughlin, Denny Green, or even Jim Fassel looking at this team and the talent and taking the job overa crap team like Chicago or Oakland. :D

doug45
11-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
As frustrating as it is for us fans, it must be even more so for Drew. Knowing he has the tools.

That's just it, if he did have the tools at one time, that time has past. He has ZERO mobility and that is one thing a QB has to have these days.

The_Philster
11-10-2003, 06:05 PM

same here. We have decent to excellent talent across the board. There's a few spots that could use some Replacements at. But I've Got to believe we have the talent to do a lot better than what we are doing now...with the proper coaching.

hwc
11-10-2003, 06:18 PM
The NFL is not about the talent.

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 06:37 PM
"Teams win and lose."- Lee Corso

Originally posted by hwc
The NFL is not about the talent.

The NFL is ALL about the talent! However, GOOD COACHING can make average talent play exceptionally-if they play as a team. We haven't got good coaching, so....4-5!