PDA

View Full Version : Bills 31 - Raiders 24

casdhf
10-01-2002, 10:14 AM
The Difference? Chris Watson's 54 yard interception for a TD! It could happen. The run D looked alot better against the Bears. PW should blow things up again. Anyone else wanna throw out a score and why??

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2002, 10:34 AM
It is too close to call IMO. The Raiders may be the best team in football right now but the Ralph will be rocking again!!! I can't wait!!!

Bufftp
10-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Who woulda thunk that we would all be stoked for this game,
before the season started.

Novacane
10-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Really Bufftp...........a lot of the "experts" had us 0-4 going into this one.

WG
10-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Oakland has played well. That's the good news. The bad is that they've beaten three teams w/ a combined 3-8 record and none of them were good. Tenn., Pitt., and Sea.

Gannon had a good day against Pittsburgh but struggled against a tremendously depleted secondary at Tenn. Coaching issues loom large in Tennessee too.

Oakland seems to have a good rush D but not a great pass D particularly w/ Charles Woodson out. Their offensive success has come largely via the air where Gannon has spread the ball around. Neither Rice nor Brown are on pace for stellar years, rather both are on pace for 5-8 TDs and around 1,000 yards. I do believe this is the year that age has caught up to the once-prolific duo.

Our strenght is our pass rush/pass D. Our strength on O is obvious. Neither of these match up well for the Raiders. We can easily take this Raider machine apart for their first loss and our 3rd win! We will need solid play from our entire secondary.

Things that will threaten a win:

Stupid penalties and errors, TOs etc.
Poor play by our secondary.
If we make Garner, a very average RB, look like Barry Sanders.

I like our chances. Gannon's entire season occurred v. Pittsburgh. Last week was a big game as well and that may be all we need to roll all over the Raiders as they make the tough trip out East to play here. Denver suffered a similar fate yesterday in Baltimore. It's much tougher to come east and play than it is to go west.

Our 46 D suits the Raiders O nicely w/ a mobile Gannon and a WC style. I really like our chances here in this one.

Drew puts up another 3 or 4 TDs to surpass his quasi-nemesis as the NFL's leading passer. I don't have huge hopes for our running game but who does. I can see Rice and Brown each having 1 TD but Gannon not having that great a day. The LBs will be key in this game. The Raider only have 5 sacks on the season which also doesn't bode well for them. That's against a Seattle team w/ huge OL issues party as well. They have 5 INTs, but 1 is from C. Woodson who's not playing. 3 are from Rod Woodson. Rod does play over-the-middle much though where Drew's been tossing a lot of his passes. So KG might want to go to the sides bit more in this game, particularly since the strength of the Raider secondary is the Ss and not the CBs.

IMO the Raiders are finished. The loss of Gruden combined w/ the age of Brown and Rice is simply too much to overcome. Gannon ain't no spring chicken either and Garner has never been much in the way of a dominating rusher.

Bills 37 - Raiders 24

WG
10-01-2002, 11:23 AM
P.S. Buchanon (the rookie) is starting in place of Woodson...

:D

Can you say DREEEWWWW!!!!

Novacane
10-01-2002, 11:33 AM
If we beat the Raiders the nation press is going to start jumping on the Bills bandwagon because they are all mouthing off about the Raiders being the best team in the NFL so far.

Bufftp
10-01-2002, 12:45 PM
just like last week, the press was all over the Patriots as the best, then they went out and lost, know its the raiders turn.

Creemoredrinker
10-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Things that will threaten a win:

Stupid penalties and errors, TOs etc.
Poor play by our secondary.
If we make Garner, a very average RB, look like Barry Sanders.

Our 46 D suits the Raiders O nicely w/ a mobile Gannon and a WC style. I really like our chances here in this one.

Bills 37 - Raiders 24

:drunks:

You are once again bang on. I think we do match up very well against the Raiders and we will win.

There is always the possibility of mental errors and costly penalties, but the Bills are looking like a very well coached team right now. F U "Coach Dickheaderson.

:slap: