X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Bledsoe not the problem

The first 4 games there were no running lanes, Henry needed to go the last 5 games there is no pass protection, now its Bledsoe. These are our two pro bowl players from last year lets not forget. The common variable here is the "O" line or whatever you call it. Fire the line coach and reinstate your line to last years starters.ACC COUNTRY

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I say give Bledsoe a shot without Gilbride.

There isn't any other alternative really unless you want to waste the cap space on another questionable vet-

Last year's Offense with this year's defense- sprinkle in a Kearse or some other impact FA- you have a very good team

Comment

• NoRing4U
      • Jun 2003

I'll bet anything that our line (Miami's) sucks even worse

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NoRing4Ueither
        I'll bet anything that our line (Miami's) sucks even worse

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

The funny thing we have a QB controversy with no QBs, and you have one with 2 QBs

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

On the play where Bledsoe fumbled, leading to the Dallas TD, Dallas was bringing too many guys to block. You can't blame five guys for not being able to block 7 or 8 or however many were coming on that blitz play. The QB has to be able to recognize the blitz and change the play or dump the ball off. There may have been other plays where the line was at fault, but that one was the most costly and Bledsoe has to take "credit" for it.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

That's if the OC has a safety valve built in for the Blitz- Does no good to "dump" it off if no one has the ability to improvise the pass route

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Bledsoe had to throw the ball into the ozone 2 or 3 times because of the blitz just to avoid the sack. A well designed and disguised blitz cant be read before the snap many times, so there must be outlets designed into each play as well as read blocks. Play design has to be the OC call.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                  New and Improved!!
                  • Aug 2003

Audibles. Blew calls the crappiest audibles, and he looks like he's on acid in the pocket, all freaking out.
                  Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• BillsFever
                    Mr. Predictament
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by juice
                    Bledsoe had to throw the ball into the ozone 2 or 3 times because of the blitz just to avoid the sack. A well designed and disguised blitz cant be read before the snap many times, so there must be outlets designed into each play as well as read blocks. Play design has to be the OC call.

And no other QB in the NFL has to do this at some point during the game? Watch the game tonight, I'll bet you 200 Zonebucks a QB will throw the ball away twice to avoid a sack.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

I dont think I've seen anything that resembles a pocket since week 2. As for throwing the ball away to avoid sacks usually the QB has enough time to at least glance at option one not throw the the ball away after a three step drop.

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

Just like that sack on McNabb?
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

LOL....

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

A lot of last year Pro Bowl QB's for some reason seem to be for one reason or another havn't had as easy a time in 03-04. the difference in Mcnabb's case is that when he has problems his coach makes adjustments in playcalling. Last year when he was hurt the line showed some heart and they ran the ball to take the pressure off Mcnabb.

Comment

• fushetti
                              President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                              • Feb 2003

There is no quarterback in the NFL that would succeed in this scheme. None.
                              "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                              Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

Working...
                              X