PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe not the problem

juice
11-10-2003, 03:16 PM
The first 4 games there were no running lanes, Henry needed to go the last 5 games there is no pass protection, now its Bledsoe. These are our two pro bowl players from last year lets not forget. The common variable here is the "O" line or whatever you call it. Fire the line coach and reinstate your line to last years starters.:afro:ACC COUNTRY

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I say give Bledsoe a shot without Gilbride.

There isn't any other alternative really unless you want to waste the cap space on another questionable vet-

Last year's Offense with this year's defense- sprinkle in a Kearse or some other impact FA- you have a very good team

NoRing4U
11-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I'll bet anything that our line (Miami's) sucks even worse :baghead:

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4Ueither
I'll bet anything that our line (Miami's) sucks even worse :baghead:

:rofl:

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
The funny thing we have a QB controversy with no QBs, and you have one with 2 QBs

TigerJ
11-10-2003, 04:36 PM
On the play where Bledsoe fumbled, leading to the Dallas TD, Dallas was bringing too many guys to block. You can't blame five guys for not being able to block 7 or 8 or however many were coming on that blitz play. The QB has to be able to recognize the blitz and change the play or dump the ball off. There may have been other plays where the line was at fault, but that one was the most costly and Bledsoe has to take "credit" for it.

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 04:39 PM
That's if the OC has a safety valve built in for the Blitz- Does no good to "dump" it off if no one has the ability to improvise the pass route

juice
11-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Bledsoe had to throw the ball into the ozone 2 or 3 times because of the blitz just to avoid the sack. A well designed and disguised blitz cant be read before the snap many times, so there must be outlets designed into each play as well as read blocks. Play design has to be the OC call.

IHateTheDullphins
11-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Audibles. Blew calls the crappiest audibles, and he looks like he's on acid in the pocket, all freaking out.

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by juice
Bledsoe had to throw the ball into the ozone 2 or 3 times because of the blitz just to avoid the sack. A well designed and disguised blitz cant be read before the snap many times, so there must be outlets designed into each play as well as read blocks. Play design has to be the OC call.

And no other QB in the NFL has to do this at some point during the game? Watch the game tonight, I'll bet you 200 Zonebucks a QB will throw the ball away twice to avoid a sack.

juice
11-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I dont think I've seen anything that resembles a pocket since week 2. As for throwing the ball away to avoid sacks usually the QB has enough time to at least glance at option one not throw the the ball away after a three step drop.

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Just like that sack on McNabb?

Dozerdog
11-10-2003, 08:26 PM
LOL....

juice
11-10-2003, 08:39 PM
A lot of last year Pro Bowl QB's for some reason seem to be for one reason or another havn't had as easy a time in 03-04. the difference in Mcnabb's case is that when he has problems his coach makes adjustments in playcalling. Last year when he was hurt the line showed some heart and they ran the ball to take the pressure off Mcnabb.

fushetti
11-10-2003, 09:13 PM
There is no quarterback in the NFL that would succeed in this scheme. None.

WG
11-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I say give Bledsoe a shot without Gilbride.

There isn't any other alternative really unless you want to waste the cap space on another questionable vet-

Last year's Offense with this year's defense- sprinkle in a Kearse or some other impact FA- you have a very good team

Last year's offense put up 17 or fewer points in like 6 of the last ten games or something like that. The other games weren't stellar. We were already underachieving after the first few games, the honeymoon, were over last year.

The reason why we didn't win a bunch of second half games last year was b/c of Blew and his TOs, NOT the D. The D played well enough to win most of those games.

I know you won't believe it, but just go look at the boxes. I said that all last year too. Self imposed ignorance is no excuse.

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Last year's offense put up 17 or fewer points in like 6 of the last ten games or something like that. The other games weren't stellar. We were already underachieving after the first few games, the honeymoon, were over last year.

The reason why we didn't win a bunch of second half games last year was b/c of Blew and his TOs, NOT the D. The D played well enough to win most of those games.

I know you won't believe it, but just go look at the boxes. I said that all last year too. Self imposed ignorance is no excuse.

I never understood how everybody blames the defense on us missing the playoffs last year. We were 5-3 at the mid point season and then Drew crumbled and it hasn't stopped since.

He got his ass kicked against the Pats twice. We hold the Chiefs to 17 points and can't win? We hold the Packers to 10 points and we get blanked. That's why we missed the playoffs.

juice
11-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Bledsoe and the defense should sue the "O" line for none support, I felt like the line was at best suspect when they couldn't open holes for a 1400 yd running back. Their non-contact blocking scemes show the type of heartless unit we have. Our line is the worst in the league and are getting a free pass on from the blame. FIRE the line coach. :madcloud: ACC COUNTRY

Philagape
11-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Brett Favre just lost the game for Green Bay. They should bench him!!! ;-)