PDA

View Full Version : Tell me again...

BAM
11-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I've been wondering for a few weeks now. It amazes the ***** out of me that Gash is being lined up in the slot and even out as a WR!!! If we wanted this kind of FB, why not just keep Larry, the best ball catching RB ever IMO! Stupid move guys.

I like Sam Gash a lot, but not as a WR. RUN THE BALL WITH HIM, BLOCKING!!!

:xplode:

HenryRules
11-10-2003, 06:45 PM
We cut LC because TD does not communicate with his coaches - there's too many inconsistencies on the personnel of this team and it's strategies to think otherwise.

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Actually, TD DOES communicate with his coaches. GW tells him "power running game." TD complies, bringing in a Sam Gash, as well as assembling one of the biggest OLs in the league. KG (who has been deligated by GW to handle ALL the offensive decisions), with paper and pencil in hand says to himself "Screw THAT! This is MY offense and this is the way it is!"

At season's end, TD will have the final words..."Gregg? Kevin? Your services are no longer needed. Get the **** OUT!!!"

BillsFever
11-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Actually, TD DOES communicate with his coaches. GW tells him "power running game." TD complies, bringing in a Sam Gash, as well as assembling one of the biggest OLs in the league. KG (who has been deligated by GW to handle ALL the offensive decisions), with paper and pencil in hand says to himself "Screw THAT! This is MY offense and this is the way it is!"

At season's end, TD will have the final words..."Gregg? Kevin? Your services are no longer needed. Get the **** OUT!!!"

Centers has done pretty good the 4 games he played with the Patriots before he got cut.

What is the sense of having Centers if Drew refuses to dump off in the flat? Centers had the worst year in his career when Drew came to town.

G. Host
11-10-2003, 07:37 PM
I think Gash is an argument with Tom Donahoe by Gregg Williams - "I told Centers could stay and you cut him so I am using what you supplied. See how useful he is?".

I really feel sorry. Except for blowing up some DBs who were stupid enough to get in his way he really has not been able to do much of what he was told he was going to be able to do.

Throne Logic
11-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Sam Gash has decent hands. But to put him out wide and make him run a real pattern is just rediculous.

From the mind of Kevin Gilbride directly into the NFL's book of What Not To Do.

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
I think Gash is an argument with Tom Donahoe by Gregg Williams - "I told Centers could stay and you cut him so I am using what you supplied. See how useful he is?".

I really feel sorry. Except for blowing up some DBs who were stupid enough to get in his way he really has not been able to do much of what he was told he was going to be able to do.

You could be right, G. KG does like to employ different situational "packages" such as ALWAYS using Sammy Morris on third down; irrespective of distance and field position. Gash is a casualty of those "packages."

BAM
11-10-2003, 08:23 PM
It's just such a waste it makes me :puke:. I was so happy when we signed Gash in the offseason. I guess it lead me to believe we'd be running the ball a ton more... looks like they fooled me pretty good!!!

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
It's just such a waste it makes me :puke:. I was so happy when we signed Gash in the offseason. I guess it lead me to believe we'd be running the ball a ton more... looks like they fooled me pretty good!!!

Welcome to the fraternity, Brad!

BAM
11-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks! :up:

I'd rather not have had to go through the "hazing" process though :(

Turf
11-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Why why why this coaching staff made it to start this season I will never, ever understand.
Don't forget, all the assistants that had one year left received 1 year extensions, except GW. This I never understood either. Even if GW is cut, all the assistants are still signed.
This sort of sets TD's table for another lame duck to come in here and be dictated to.

IHateTheDullphins
11-10-2003, 08:44 PM
Hope we get someone who can make an impact

helmetguy
11-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Why why why this coaching staff made it to start this season I will never, ever understand.
Don't forget, all the assistants that had one year left received 1 year extensions, except GW. This I never understood either. Even if GW is cut, all the assistants are still signed.
This sort of sets TD's table for another lame duck to come in here and be dictated to.

Not necessarily. A new HC could select his own coaching staff. I know that, if I were a candidate for the job, I'd want to bring in the best people possible as assistants. If they told me to keep all the current staff, I'd walk. Most HC's would. Hell, Wade got canned/quit over his Special Teams coach!

Throne Logic
11-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Does anyone truly believe that Lebeau won't be the next HC of Buffalo. He and TD are friends, last I heard. I just hope that Gilbride doesn't get beyond December as the OC. I'd prefer it if he didn't make it to Thanksgiving.