X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Qb's to consider in this years draft

First of all i think most bills fans have chicken littleitess the sky is falling disease....

Drew still can play but we need to find a way to get him to play better how about the shot gun formation in the dallas game for at least two downs ?

BUT HERE ARE SOME NAMES ON COLLEGE QB'S THAT WE MIGHT CONSIDER DRAFTING IN 2004.

After all we need to develope a guy quick...

There are the usual top flight guys like eli manning, jp losman,bj symons, and john navarre.

Here are some other names to consider....

1.bradlee vanpelt-colo st-6-2- 225 son of former giant lb needs work on accuracy but has improved over the last two seasons big strong mobile qb has ran for over 700 yds in a season more of a runner than passer right now 17 td 61% this season. 4- 7.. round pick similar to rich gannon

2. Josh harris -bowling green -6-3-238- threw for over 300 to upset purdue and over 350 in a seven point loss to ohio st. quick mobile sleeper who may need developement played in spread formation offense. rushed for over 700 yards last season ...mid to late round pick. has completed 64% with 14 td 9 int...similar to steve mcnair...

others to consider cody pickett washington- 6-4 220- great jr year so- so senior year.

Casey clausen- tenn 6-4 -225-

Most of these guys are two - three years away from playing ,,,i know alot of fans want a quick fix but it won't happen unless we draft a guy like manning and he will probably be a top 3 pick....

So with that said i say we draft our guy now in the middle rounds and see what else becomes available free agency wise....

Go bills

BMAX....
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

I pretty much agree with you. I don't advocate drafting Manning. I don't think he's as much of a can't miss QB as his older brother and I'm not willing to pay the price to move up. I think JP Losman might last until the second round. I think he might be a lot like his predecessor at Tulane, Patrick Ramsey. Ramsey was a second tier guy, just a hair below the super blue chippers though I think he was a first round pick, and started some as a rookie. As a second year player he's acquited himself pretty well. I think Losman could do the same if Buffalo cut Bledsoe and signed Brunnell to tutor him for a year while starting. The guy on your list that I really don't like is Clausen. As much as he's played, he really ought to be a lot more consistent. He's got all kinds of physical talent, but I'm not sure he's ever going to be the guy you can really rely on. Van Pelt and Harris may not be as good as Clausen right now, but may have more upside.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Phillip Rivers out of NC state might be a legit pick he has size and makes good decisions under pressure. ACC COUNTRY

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Rivers doesnt have the arm we need in our offense
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Winfield_26
          Rivers doesnt have the arm we need in our offense

Keep in mind that 'our offense' may not be our offense next season, if Gilbride is not the coordinator and Williams is not the coach.

Comment

• Winfield_26
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Still doesnt mean we wont throw the damn ball down the field. We have an all-pro wide receiver who likes to get deep, and you cant have a QB with the inability to throw the 25 yard out. It allows the D to stack the line and stuff the run while still playing a 20 yard zone against the pass.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

how about we get a line so our qb's don't need to be under pressure all the time!
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• carybillsfan
                • Aug 2003

Rivers will be a star in the NFL, he’s got the whole package-- size, strength, mobility, and intelligence. I’ve seen him grow for 3 years now and on a team with sub-par wrs at NCSU, he’s been spectacular against much better opponents. If the Bills have a chance to get him they should jump all over it.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Josh Harris has a gun.

I like Navarre too.

Comment

• LarryBoy
                    The world needs a hero!
                    • Apr 2003

LOL nothing like throwing a rookie QB to the wolves.
                    Bills Rock!

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Phil Rivers' problem is an awkward delivery and a low release point according to what I've read. Some people think whoever drafts him will have to rework the mechanics of his delivery. Otherwise he has the necessary tools. What I don't know is the likelyhood of such a change being successful. I'm going on the basis of comments made by so-called draft experts. I've never seen him myself.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Drewpac
                        • Jul 2002

Honestly, the class of QB's in this upcoming draft sucks. Losman sucks. I've seen that guy enough to know that he will never be a good pro. I would take Manning but that's about it. He's equivalent to a Harrington.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                          Rivers will be a star in the NFL, he’s got the whole package-- size, strength, mobility, and intelligence. I’ve seen him grow for 3 years now and on a team with sub-par wrs at NCSU, he’s been spectacular against much better opponents. If the Bills have a chance to get him they should jump all over it.
                          Have you seen him play this season, if so how does his footspeed look, I havn't seen him play in person for a while and wondered how his pocket presense has progressed this season. CARYBILLSFAN Do you know if that sportsbar in the Preston area shows the Bills games or has all DTV games each Sunday

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Winfield_26
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
                            Honestly, the class of QB's in this upcoming draft sucks. Losman sucks. I've seen that guy enough to know that he will never be a good pro. I would take Manning but that's about it. He's equivalent to a Harrington.

Good insight, its very apparent you have vast knowledge on the sudject at hand. Anyways the class of QB's coming out is the stronget since the Mcnabb-Culpepper year.

Tiger you are right on the money about Rivers he has to have his mechanics overhauled by whoever drafts him so he can get more zip, power and accuracy on the ball. Might be a very risky pick in my opinion.

EE you are right Harris does have a gun and lots mobility, plus hes 240 and nice load that wont fall over easily (culpepper anybody??) Hes got one of the best arms in the draft and is a competitor to boot of all the QB's in the draft I would put him as #3 on my board.

Zone on 2 sacks Drew took last week vs. Dallas I counted the seconds to myself as to how long he had. And on each he had 3-4 seconds. Now in practice they do 5 seconds and then call out sack. Granted they arent blitzing then. Its not completely the fact that out OL isnt blocking its the fact that teams are blitzing more than we can block because Drew will sit there and go down and probably fumble the ball. It aint mostly the OL, its the QB.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

The ACC is going to be the heat this year for basketball fans, then next year the conference expansion will make it a top football confer. Good time to be a sports fan in the middle of ACC COUNTRY. Maybe that young QB at VT will end up being as good as his older brother. ACC COUNTRY

Comment

Working...
                              X