PDA

View Full Version : Moulds only 80%

Billsbabee
11-11-2003, 08:06 AM
"Moulds said he's having difficulty running deep routes and can feel soreness when he's tackled, which has led him to sliding more after he makes a catch. "

link - http://www.boston.com/dailynews/314/sports/Moulds_still_bothered_by_groin:.shtml?tbdMoulds_still_bothered_by_groin:.shtml

Moulds quoted in the D&C says-

In the wake of his team’s fifth loss in seven games, Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds is challenging his teammates to put up or shut up. Or, to steal another cliche, get out of the kitchen if the heat’s too hot. “Everybody has to look at themselves and say, ‘Am I doing enough to help the team win?’” said Moulds after the Bills fell to 4-5 with Sunday’s wimpy 10-6 loss to the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium. “If not, then get out of there and let someone else do it.

link- http://www.rochesterdandc.com/sports/bills/1111R22ARMU_bills11_bills.shtml

So, is Moulds helping or hurting us if he's not 100% and has difficulty going deep? Is it a non-issue cuz we need him at any level of health he's able to play at?
:feedback:

Michael82
11-11-2003, 11:46 AM
This is another reason why Gregg Williams should be fired!!! Why the :angry: would you have let Eric Moulds start against Kansas City if he wasn't even close to 100% then? He could have used that extra week to heal and would be about 90-99% now. :shakeno:

:madcurse:

BAM
11-11-2003, 11:51 AM
I was wondering why Moulds dove on that one reception instead of the usual spin to get an extra 5 yards...

IMO he is hurting himself if he isn't 100%, then again... he is a good decoy out there... then again.. it didn't help us much against Dallas...

No answer. good question :)

ArcticWildMan
11-11-2003, 12:00 PM
If he isn't at 100%, he's risking re-injuring himself and making it even worse.

GW had no business starting him against KC when we had a bye the following week. Yet another example of how :angry:ing clueless GW is.

LtBillsFan66
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
It didn't look like Moulds was 100% at all.

Frustrating...

caveboy
11-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Needs to be a cut-off point for when he's hurting/helping. Yeah, I 'll take Moulds @ 80% over some other guys, but not if he's Drew's only go-to choice. He's not a Jerry Rice where their 50-60% is better than a lot of dudes' 100%, but still effective nonetheless.

But, if teams ARE doubling him a lot, why does KG not give Drew some other outlets?* How's Eric gonna get free?* If Eric's hurt as he says, then why not switch to a short game, or only run him as a decoy then.* Use Campbell more. Damn, when Drew had Coates in NE, no one stopped that guy after the catch.

Dump a screen to the TE's or Morris and let them take pressure of Moulds to make the big play by himself. Do it enough times and the corners will have to play up closer to the line, then Moulds can break away for the deeper routes. Damn.*

*Because KG sucks and couldn't co-ordinate a suit and tie. (That's why Buddy punched him – not because of the gameplan, but because his jacket clashed on the team bus ride that day.)

RedEyE
11-11-2003, 04:32 PM
The rest of the team is playing like they're at 45% health.

RedEyE
11-11-2003, 04:33 PM
I'd say the OL is @ around 15% health. The QB is playing around 35% health.

Michael82
11-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
GW had no business starting him against KC when we had a bye the following week. Yet another example of how :angry:ing clueless GW is.

EXACTLY! I couldnt have said it better myself! :bf1: