PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride goes nowhere especially..........

drummernut
11-11-2003, 09:34 AM
if Tom Coughlin is our coach next year. When TC and KG were together in Jax...the Jags had the best offense in the NFL...Period! #1 in pass and run....I remember it vividly...it was like a 3 ring circus. Some at the time said it was the best playcalling they had ever seen. I second that...EVERY single play was ripping off chunks of yards. KG knows what he is doing people...he unfortunately has to work under Scarecrow Williams who couldnt set up a dinner table let alone an environment for a explosive offense. It's about $$$ for GW...not winning...big difference....which is always why "We need to execute better"

Out

IHateTheDullphins
11-11-2003, 09:41 AM
This is the crappiest thread so far today.

"KG knows what he is doing people." ---you are dillusional.

:bf1: You may want to consider getting a catscan.

Out......of yer friggin mind.

Pride
11-11-2003, 10:40 AM
http://www.fites.net/fun/timeline.jpg

WG
11-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
This is the crappiest thread so far today.

"KG knows what he is doing people." ---you are dillusional.

:bf1: You may want to consider getting a catscan.

Out......of yer friggin mind.
ROFLMAO IHTD!!!

:rofl: :lolcry:

"You may want to consider getting a catscan."

Classic!

IHateTheDullphins
11-11-2003, 11:26 AM
:snicker:

drummernut
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Uh well...like in any business...it's up to the "employee"..KG... to work within the set environment of the "boss"...GW. It's obvious that there are some pinheads in here that think that none of this has to do with GW. Do society a favor and never run a business.

helmetguy
11-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Now that you mention it, GW DID delegate ALL the responsibility for the offense to KG. If GW were truly an effective Head Coach, he would have DEMNDED that KG make the necessary adjustments to his strategies to better utilize the abilities of the AVAILABLE personnel, rather than hope that, through shear repetition, the theory MIGHT just pan out. GW's "environment" excludes him from anything more than tacit approval of KG's work product. An effective Head Coach would tell KG "It's broke. FIX IT!" GW, being GW, doesn't see it as being broke, he sees it as a work in progress.

BTW, you were further ahead without the "pinheads" remark; not to mention the accompanying "Public Service Announcement."

Novacane
11-11-2003, 04:46 PM
You're joking right? I sure hope so!

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:01 PM
While Coughlin and Gilbride did do good things together a long time ago in a Galaxy far, far, away- his situation is now untenable. He's toast

drummernut
11-11-2003, 05:30 PM
My apologiies with regards to some of the negative remarks...but it bewilder's me as to some of the things that some people just don't see or understand.

Drummernut

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:33 PM
No need to apologize, nutter-

Some folks just need to remember that everyone is entitled to an opinion- as long as you aren't obnoxious about it- everything's cool! :up:

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:34 PM
I even suggested something similar in the offseason about Coughlin & Gilbride. But Gilbride has had his run& Shoot days fall by his wayside

XNOUGHT
11-11-2003, 05:36 PM
IT IS ALL BLEDSOE'S FAULT.

AND THE OFFENSIVE LINE'S FAULT!!!!!

KG is a contributer.

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Nice try with the Bills fan disguise, "x"

drummernut
11-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Gilbride wasn't running the R & S in Jax. He was running BALANCE. I listned to a pre-season interview with KG this year on what he said is the identity of his offence.,,,,he said that there was none and it is up to the OC to call plays that keep defenses guessing and had the personnel to counter whatever it was the D was trying to throw at them,,,,,in reality it's no brain stuff...they blitz this way, you block this way..etc etc. the only time KG was running the R & S was in houston under Jack Pardee...former coach of the Houston Gamblers and also the person who taught it to Jim Kelly. He didn't run it in Pittsburgh either. A true good offensive coordinator conforms to the personnel and the direction of the head coach...and since obviosly we have a marshmellow for a head coach....then

The_Philster
11-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by drummernut
Gilbride wasn't running the R & S in Jax. He was running BALANCE. I listned to a pre-season interview with KG this year on what he said is the identity of his offence.,,,,he said that there was none and it is up to the OC to call plays that keep defenses guessing and had the personnel to counter whatever it was the D was trying to throw at them,,,,,in reality it's no brain stuff...they blitz this way, you block this way..etc etc. the only time KG was running the R & S was in houston under Jack Pardee...former coach of the Houston Gamblers and also the person who taught it to Jim Kelly. He didn't run it in Pittsburgh either. A true good offensive coordinator conforms to the personnel and the direction of the head coach...and since obviosly we have a marshmellow for a head coach....then

Yes, I remember that...which is why I liked the idea of Gilbride coming here. The question is...why hasn't he done that here? He has the personnel.

drummernut
11-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Yes he does have the personnel but...a head coach who more or less says "Kevin...do this and do this , but don't do this, this, this, or this, but if this happens consider doing this, but only if...." etc etc etc.

Trust me...if you've read my other posts you'd know that i have someone very connected to the team. He says that GW is a nice guy an all but he is a COMPLETE marshmellow....NOOO head coach. Looks, talks, and acts more like a CPA.

But i guess TD wanted a terd who wouldn't challenge him so i guess he got what he wanted

You can have a great seed (KG).,,,,but it aint growing with no sunlight and water (GW)

The_Philster
11-11-2003, 06:04 PM
But i guess TD wanted a terd who wouldn't challenge him so i guess he got what he wanted

Yeah.....something I touched upon a few weeks ago. Cowher was a tough coach when he was there in Pittsburgh with him. Sure, the primary reason that TD left was money reasons, but as frugal/cheap as Rooney is, he wouldn't have kept Cowher if he were as weak/pathetic a coach as what we have here.

helmetguy
11-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Then, again, Cowher hasn't looked all that stellar the last year or so. Not without horses, anyway!

drummernut
11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Well...like i mentioned earlier...it's up to the "employees" to conform to the "employer". Outside of his coach selection here...TD has been anything but tight wadded like he obviously was instructed to be in Pittsburgh. And look at how competetive those teams were for quite a bit of time...along with losing the amount of talent they lost on a consistent basis because od cheapy Rooney. TD can unquestionably operate a business (I'm very business saavy myself but we won't go into that) but unfortunately for us he let his lack of desire to be upstasged again influence his choice for a head coach.

Novacane
11-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Yes he does have the personnel but...a head coach who more or less says "Kevin...do this and do this , but don't do this, this, this, or this, but if this happens consider doing this, but only if...." etc etc etc.

That's exactly why he suceeded in Jacksonville. Coughlin is a tough guy who must have insisted on balance.

here GW just gives the offense to KG and lets him do what he wants. Do you honestly believe GW is making KG be pass happy?

No way I believe that.

drummernut
11-11-2003, 07:27 PM
What it boils down to is we have a head coach who hasn't responded to the pressure of making the playoffs or losing his job very well and told Gilbride to run it a little more than last year so tom doesn't get pissed but live more off of drew's arm to help me get a contract extension seeing as that i have no clue how to lead a team and now im scared

sad sad sad :baghead: