PDA

View Full Version : Let's be realistic

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Our record is 4-5. And we're rooting to tear the roof down. But in taking a look at whom we lost to:

Miami 5-4
Philly 6-3
Jets 3-6
KC 9-0
Dallas 7-2

The Jets game was really the only game that we should've won. The rest of the teams we lost to are still very good teams. There's no shame in them. IMO.

NOW, if we lose to Houston next week, I'll scream.

Historian
11-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I think we will beat Houston.

Pride
11-11-2003, 10:37 AM
It isnt so much that we lost...

It is HOW we lost.

We were manhandled in all of those games but the Dallas game.

Everyone has lost faith in our coaching staff's ability to take us to the playoffs. That is what we are screaming about.

RedEyE
11-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Want realistic? In order to win football games it's necessary for the offense to score touchdowns.

Can anyone remember the last time the Bills offense scored a touchdown?

IHateTheDullphins
11-11-2003, 10:43 AM
This thread=:puke:

WG
11-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Our record is 4-5. And we're rooting to tear the roof down. But in taking a look at whom we lost to:

Miami 5-4
Philly 6-3
Jets 3-6
KC 9-0
Dallas 7-2

The Jets game was really the only game that we should've won. The rest of the teams we lost to are still very good teams. There's no shame in them. IMO.

Why do I envision you sitting on your floor w/ an enormous bong in front of yourself MM? :D

Can you say "Denial?"

Pride has it right. In those games we put up a total of 25 total offensive points and of those, over half were in one game, at home, vs. a very weak and banged up, not good as you suggest, Eagles team in a state of disarray to boot.

That's an average of 5 offensive PPG in those losses.

And you speak as if you've not looked at our schedule forthcoming. We have yet to play the Titans, Pats, and Giants on the road, and Indy, Miami, and Colts at home. What reason is there to even hope that we can put up say 14-20 measly points against some of those teams? We're gonna get our asses handed to us by the Colts, Pats, Titans, and Jets, and likely even the Fins in a game that will be meaningless for us, in fact beneficial if we lose for draft position, but possibly meaning the playoffs for them.

Oh sure, we can beat the Giants w/ three starting rookie OL-men, but wow, wouldn't that be impressive!

If we don't beat Houston at home this week, I'd say if we win another game all year you can consider it fortunate.

:smoke:

WG
11-11-2003, 11:30 AM
P.S. We are being realistic! The one who's having difficulty reaching reality seems to be you. :D

WG
11-11-2003, 11:31 AM
As statistical support, 5 ppg for 7 more games, = 35 pts.

IHateTheDullphins
11-11-2003, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking 6-10.

WG
11-11-2003, 11:35 AM
At best and only if we can beat both Houston and the Giants. Neither is anything special, but Houston is improving and very well coached. Always a recipe for disaster w/ this braintrust.

And the Giants are on the road where asking for more than 6 points on the road makes wishing for a new car from Santa for Christmas seem like a stocking stuffer!

BAM
11-11-2003, 11:36 AM
My heart says 11-5.. my brain says 5-11

Which one to go with!

WG
11-11-2003, 11:37 AM
My heart says 4-12

My brain says 5-11

:D

justasportsfan
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Pride

It is HOW we lost.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

as far as talent goes, I'm sorry, we should've beaten the cowboys and fins, Eagles and jets. Our Coaches just don't have the brains tp put it together.

After last Sunday, look for the texans to blitz this OL knowing Drew will panic under pressure.

Look for GW,Gilbride and Ruel not to even practice schemes that are gonna blitz us all day. It's beyond them to learn from their mistakes.

I expect us to beat the texans, but won't be surprised if we lose.

BAM
11-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Shame Wys! Your heart should want us to win out!!

Buckets
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM

Miami 5-4
Philly 6-3
Jets 3-6
KC 9-0
Dallas 7-2

If you remember Dallas was in the same boat as the Bills 2 Yrs ago. Our coaching just sucks!

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Pessimists are so gosh darn annoying. :rolleyes:

I knew there's a reason I put Wys on Ignore. IHD is next.

BillsFever
11-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Pessimists are so gosh darn annoying. :rolleyes:

I knew there's a reason I put Wys on Ignore. IHD is next.

So are you.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

So are you.
Great comeback. :up: