X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Larry Fitzgerald

i just heard his interview on the Jim Rome show.. i CAN NOT believe how level headed this guy is.. yes sir, no sir.. jim asked him why doesnt celebrate after a td catch ect.. he said that he doesnt want to disrespect the game or the players on the other team like that because he knows everyone that play works hard. jim rome actually asked him "you do realize that you are a big time college athlete, maybe the best in the nation right?".. LF answer? "you said it, not me"

the guy is all about team and all about winning.. he said his most memorable catch was a 14 yard hook pattern that helped them get to overtime against BC last year.. not a td catch, not a one handed grab.. but a 1st down catch that put them in position to win the game and make a bowl game.

the guys attitude was unreal.

he also said that he is happy at pitt and he doesnt think he will be coming out for the draft.

if he did, he should go number 1.. the guy is ridiculous..

it was just very refreshing to hear a soon to be pro athlete and millionaire that well mannered and level headed and i thought i would share.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

He is going to be AMAZING

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

This guy is amazing! :fabulous:

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

as a virginia tech alum, i hope he enters the draft SOONER rather than later.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THenPitBull
            me fail english? That's unpossible
            • Jun 2003

sounds like a white guy
            Buffalo 41 Houston 38 1992.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THenPitBull
              sounds like a white guy
              And?!:ape:

Comment

• THenPitBull
                me fail english? That's unpossible
                • Jun 2003

he sounds like a superman wayne chrebet
                Buffalo 41 Houston 38 1992.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

And?!:ape:
                  chill, I think he just meant his name sounds white. I remember when I first heard of Chad Johnson I thought he was white.

Byrd.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

When he comes out and dont expect that anytime soon he'll be #1 overall.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

This is nice. Thanks Tatonka!

Comment

• jaja54
                        • Aug 2003

Tatonka, I believe the guy is a Sophmore and thus is NOT eligible to declare for the Draft. He would need one more year.

However, I hope the Fins pick him up when he is eligible. he is one fine ball player!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

jaja, Jim Rome was talking about if he wanted to come out in the context of possibly filing suit like marice clarrett.. that is the only reason i mentioned it..

but man, he is a baller for sure... i dont know if i have ever seen such a sure lock to be a great player at the WR spot ever... i can just tell from this kids attitude that he is just ridiculously humble.. the only person i can think to compair his attitude to would be barry sanders..

when jim asked him why he doesnt ever celebrate when he scores.. his answer was

"i am a wr, it is my job to make catches. there is no need to celebrate me for doing my job."

unreal.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I saw him on a TV spot this weekend - they did a piece on him (cant remember what network)

He was a ballboy for the Vikes and as a teen- he would constantly pepper Moss & Chris Carter with questions, techniques, the whole 9 yards. He would give his right arm to mplay for the Vikes. Moss & Carter call him every week to chat.

That's the amazing thing- all that exposure to Moss's talents without Moss's baggage or BS hotdogging.

Comment

• venis2k1
                              Youboty can hope
                              • Jul 2002

Dozer, it was espn, i saw it too.

And if im not mistaken he went to prep school for two year, wouldnt that make him eligble for the draft?

It would suck to draft him, only to have him bolt to the vikes when his contract came up.

Comment

Working...
                              X