PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald

Tatonka
11-11-2003, 12:23 PM
i just heard his interview on the Jim Rome show.. i CAN NOT believe how level headed this guy is.. yes sir, no sir.. jim asked him why doesnt celebrate after a td catch ect.. he said that he doesnt want to disrespect the game or the players on the other team like that because he knows everyone that play works hard. jim rome actually asked him "you do realize that you are a big time college athlete, maybe the best in the nation right?".. LF answer? "you said it, not me"

the guy is all about team and all about winning.. he said his most memorable catch was a 14 yard hook pattern that helped them get to overtime against BC last year.. not a td catch, not a one handed grab.. but a 1st down catch that put them in position to win the game and make a bowl game.

the guys attitude was unreal.

he also said that he is happy at pitt and he doesnt think he will be coming out for the draft.

if he did, he should go number 1.. the guy is ridiculous..

it was just very refreshing to hear a soon to be pro athlete and millionaire that well mannered and level headed and i thought i would share.

THATHURMANATOR
11-11-2003, 12:25 PM
He is going to be AMAZING

ArcticWildMan
11-11-2003, 12:25 PM
:bf1:

The Spaz
11-11-2003, 12:41 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images2/2003105lfFitz_230.jpg

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/football/bio.asp?PLAYER_ID=1372

This guy is amazing! :jawdrop: :fabulous:

Tatonka
11-11-2003, 12:44 PM
as a virginia tech alum, i hope he enters the draft SOONER rather than later.

THenPitBull
11-11-2003, 12:59 PM
sounds like a white guy

The Spaz
11-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by THenPitBull
sounds like a white guy

And?!:ape:

THenPitBull
11-11-2003, 01:08 PM
he sounds like a superman wayne chrebet

The Natrix
11-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

And?!:ape:

chill, I think he just meant his name sounds white. I remember when I first heard of Chad Johnson I thought he was white.

DraftBoy
11-11-2003, 02:09 PM
When he comes out and dont expect that anytime soon he'll be #1 overall.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2003, 03:16 PM
This is nice. Thanks Tatonka!

jaja54
11-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Tatonka, I believe the guy is a Sophmore and thus is NOT eligible to declare for the Draft. He would need one more year.

However, I hope the Fins pick him up when he is eligible. he is one fine ball player!

Tatonka
11-11-2003, 05:02 PM
jaja, Jim Rome was talking about if he wanted to come out in the context of possibly filing suit like marice clarrett.. that is the only reason i mentioned it..

but man, he is a baller for sure... i dont know if i have ever seen such a sure lock to be a great player at the WR spot ever... i can just tell from this kids attitude that he is just ridiculously humble.. the only person i can think to compair his attitude to would be barry sanders..

when jim asked him why he doesnt ever celebrate when he scores.. his answer was

"i am a wr, it is my job to make catches. there is no need to celebrate me for doing my job."

unreal.

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:07 PM
I saw him on a TV spot this weekend - they did a piece on him (cant remember what network)

He was a ballboy for the Vikes and as a teen- he would constantly pepper Moss & Chris Carter with questions, techniques, the whole 9 yards. He would give his right arm to mplay for the Vikes. Moss & Carter call him every week to chat.

That's the amazing thing- all that exposure to Moss's talents without Moss's baggage or BS hotdogging.

venis2k1
11-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Dozer, it was espn, i saw it too.

And if im not mistaken he went to prep school for two year, wouldnt that make him eligble for the draft?

It would suck to draft him, only to have him bolt to the vikes when his contract came up.

mypoorfriendme
11-11-2003, 05:19 PM
to even score more points, my friend is the offensive coordinator for pitt and he says there is no one that tries harder than larry...quite a bit different than antonio bryant who was extremely talented at pitt but off the field problems and ethic hurt him

mypoorfriendme
11-11-2003, 05:19 PM
fitzgerald reminds me a lot of marvin harrison...badass AND a good guy

Tatonka
11-11-2003, 05:20 PM
i could see that comparison for sure.

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Dozer, it was espn, i saw it too.

And if im not mistaken he went to prep school for two year, wouldnt that make him eligble for the draft?

It would suck to draft him, only to have him bolt to the vikes when his contract came up.

I think that's the kid in him. Once he cashes a million dollar check and catches a winning playoff TD- the boyhood home town team stuff goes away. By that time, Moss might be playing with someone else.

TigerJ
11-11-2003, 11:42 PM
One draft site has him at 6'3.5" 218 running the 40 in 4.51. Great size and good not great speed. He's kind of a Terrell Owens type with a great attitude.

Tatonka
11-12-2003, 08:17 AM
i am pretty sure he is faster than that.. and if he is not now, he will be by draft time. 4.4, i bet.

i have never seen anyone catch him.. that is for sure.

E-Klips
11-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
One draft site has him at 6'3.5" 218 running the 40 in 4.51. Great size and good not great speed. He's kind of a Terrell Owens type with a great attitude.

Don't fall in love with 40 times, Tiger. This kid is for real. Whoever gets to draft him will find that out, as will the opponents he'll face.

TigerJ
11-12-2003, 12:44 PM
I agree, EKlips. Terrell Owens isn't considered a blazer, but he has no problem getting deep. It's the same with Eric Moulds. Anquan Boldin is downright pedestrian in he 40 time, but he sure burst on the scene as a rookie early this year. I haven't followed him to know what he's done lately. The 40 time isn't everything, but it is information and is part of the mix of what makes a player. How much of the mix depends on the player, the offensive system, and probably some other things as well.

socalfan
11-12-2003, 12:58 PM
If he isn't in this list then forget about him....we will be drafting high enough to get some proven talent with big time competition....we won't need to go looking for the small school guys this time.

Roy Williams, Texas, 6-4, 212, Senior
Hampered by a hamstring last season however remains the best WR on the board since Randy Moss.

Rashaun Woods, Oklahoma State, 6-1, 187, Senior
His advancement surprised all outside of Stillwater, Okla. Has a defensive approach to the game.

Michael Jenkins, Ohio State, 6-3, 210, Senior
A large target over the middle with the ability to play long ball as well as any pass-catcher on the board.

Bernard Berrian, Fresno State, 6-1, 183, Senior
Must overcome a knee injured suffered last season. A blazer that is also a monster threat returning kicks.

B.J. Johnson, Texas, 6-1, 195, Senior
Being Roy Williams' sidekick has him overshadowed. Legit hands and deep threat.

Braylon Edwards Michigan 6-2 205 Junior
He had some personal setbacks that raise questions but when focused his production is a Grade A.

Lee Evans, Wisconsin, 5-10, 191, Senior
Prior to injury last spring was considered among the five best players on the board. Must prove he's 100%.

Reggie Williams, Washington, 6-3, 217, Junior
Tough to contend down the field. Improved fundamentals over the course of the season.

R. Rich
11-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
If he isn't in this list then forget about him....we will be drafting high enough to get some proven talent with big time competition....we won't need to go looking for the small school guys this time.

Roy Williams, Texas, 6-4, 212, Senior
Hampered by a hamstring last season however remains the best WR on the board since Randy Moss.

Rashaun Woods, Oklahoma State, 6-1, 187, Senior
His advancement surprised all outside of Stillwater, Okla. Has a defensive approach to the game.

Michael Jenkins, Ohio State, 6-3, 210, Senior
A large target over the middle with the ability to play long ball as well as any pass-catcher on the board.

Bernard Berrian, Fresno State, 6-1, 183, Senior
Must overcome a knee injured suffered last season. A blazer that is also a monster threat returning kicks.

B.J. Johnson, Texas, 6-1, 195, Senior
Being Roy Williams' sidekick has him overshadowed. Legit hands and deep threat.

Braylon Edwards Michigan 6-2 205 Junior
He had some personal setbacks that raise questions but when focused his production is a Grade A.

Lee Evans, Wisconsin, 5-10, 191, Senior
Prior to injury last spring was considered among the five best players on the board. Must prove he's 100%.

Reggie Williams, Washington, 6-3, 217, Junior
Tough to contend down the field. Improved fundamentals over the course of the season.

I don't understand something. Are you suggesting we draft a WR with our top pick, passing on OL or DL? Wow.

The list you've compiled is very impressive though. I wouldn't mind seeing any of these guys on the Bills (though not before I'd like to see someone like DTs Vince Wilfork or Tommie Harris).