PDA

View Full Version : 2004 offseason

ShadowHawk7
11-11-2003, 02:08 PM
I really don't know College Football players or anything, (cuz i don't watch it.) but it's pretty obvious what the Bills need, and will get, during the offseason.

The Bills WILL keep Drew Bledsoe. There is no other viable option. No Bledsoe haters, TD will NOT draft a QB round 1 and start him in the season opener.
TD will resign Antoine Winfield, unless Ty Law is available for a great price. Then TD should TAG Winfield, like Price.
The Bills WILL keep T-Hen. Even if Mcgahee rushes 6 or 7 games with over a 100 yards. He needs to prove himself over a whole season.
Does ne1 know of ne speedy recievers, the Bills may be interested in? (don't bother metioning Owens)
The Bills will sign an ok Tight End, to make for the aging Moore.
The Bills should sign the best center on the market
The Bills sign medium to low pay DE. Possibly Hicks.
[/list=1]

And now for the draft:

[/list=1] [list]
Round 1: Defensive End. Best one available, that's already proven as a dominant pass rusher. No more "best talent available" crap, we NEED a DE here.
Round 2: Guard. No question about it. Brown is not as good nemore, and Pucillo sux neway.
Round 3: QB. Someone that could be great after a year of watching Bledsoe. Maybe we should get the QB in the 4th round instead of 3rd.
Round 4: WR. Tall guy with great speed and good enough hands for the NFL. Maybe we should get a WR in the 3rd round instead of 4th.
Round 5: DT. Some HUGE guy that will actually take up major space, and has great work ethic, even if he doesn't immediatly start for a season or 2.
Round 6: Strong Safety: Someone for depth, that could play FS too.
Round 7: Tackle. Another depth guy, who could play either side.

Feedback is welcomed.

:flush: :pow: :apu: :badboy: :rocket: :peace: :madshake: :nerd2: :loblo:

DraftBoy
11-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Looks good to me!

Jeff1220
11-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
[B]I really don't know College Football players or anything, (cuz i don't watch it.) but it's pretty obvious what the Bills need, and will get, during the offseason.

[QUOTE] The Bills WILL keep Drew Bledsoe. There is no other viable option. No Bledsoe haters, TD will NOT draft a QB round 1 and start him in the season opener.

I agree here. There is a small possibility that a QB will be selected early though. He definitely will not start though.

TD will resign Antoine Winfield, unless Ty Law is available for a great price. Then TD should TAG Winfield, like Price.

It would be dumb to tag Winfield. There are way to many CBs that will be FAs. I like Winfield as a football player - tackling, hitting, etc., just not as a corner (no big plays or INTs.)

The Bills WILL keep T-Hen. Even if Mcgahee rushes 6 or 7 games with over a 100 yards. He needs to prove himself over a whole season.

I completely agree. It would be silly to get rid of Travis at the price they are paying for him. I'd be pretty interested to see what those two guys could do in the same backfield.

Does ne1 know of ne speedy recievers, the Bills may be interested in? (don't bother metioning Owens)

Terrell Owens will be a FA. j/k

Done and done. Mark Campbell was just awarded a contract extension. He's seems 'ok' to me so far.

Yes!

[/list=1]

No - the Bills have plenty of below average to OK DEs, but no studs! This team needs a star pass rusher (or 2), stat![QUOTE]

IHateTheDullphins
11-11-2003, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
[B]I really don't know College Football players or anything, (cuz i don't watch it.) but it's pretty obvious what the Bills need, and will get, during the offseason.

[list=1]
The Bills WILL keep Drew Bledsoe. There is no other viable option. No Bledsoe haters, TD will NOT draft a QB round 1 and start him in the season opener.

Oh, thank god you said something cuz that's exactly what I thought was going to happen! :snicker:

How 'bout NO.

Don't need a G.E.D. to know this. :hitself:

Terrell Owens is pretty fast. :laughter:

I agree.

I agree

[/list=1]

ublinkwescore
11-11-2003, 02:34 PM
It won't look good to me if GW and Gilbride are still here.

I hope we get Coughlin, or Brian Billick - Billick being my first choice - since the Ravens are the only team in the NFL that run more then they pass (of course with the crappy Chris Redman qb'ing my team since Kyle Boller got hurt, I'd run a hell of a lot more then I passed too).

Not to mention that we might get some decent LBer and secondary coaches as well with the new regime - and who knows, maybe Ed Reed might want to follow Billick over here after his rookie contract expires.

I know I'm overly optimistic - can't blame me for the crap that we've all had to put up with this season.

ublinkwescore
11-11-2003, 02:34 PM
At this point, I'd even give up a 1st rounder to the Ravens for Billick.

ublinkwescore
11-11-2003, 02:37 PM
What if we demoted GW to DC, (or at least offered to - I doubt he'd accept it though), and brought in Billick to shore up the O.

ublinkwescore
11-11-2003, 02:38 PM
...and coach

venis2k1
11-11-2003, 03:08 PM
We already have a log jam at DE DO NOT DRAFT A DE IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
11-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
We already have a log jam at DE DO NOT DRAFT A DE IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!

No, except for Schobel, we have a ***** jam at DE.

venis2k1
11-11-2003, 03:21 PM
so you think we wasted 2nd round draft picks 2 years running, give these kids a chance before you kick them out of town.

Michael82
11-11-2003, 04:16 PM
:bigwave: Ryan"BUST" Denney

You have one chance to show your stuff, Chris Kelsay. :D

Akhippo
11-11-2003, 04:35 PM
In the first, all things being equal, a stud Dlineman needs to be drafted. A Sapp type DT or a Kearse type DE. Ill even take a Freeney type DE. Someone that will get the QBs internal clock to fast forward. However if there arent any stud Dlineman, take an Olineman in the first and a QB in the second. The whole rational is get someone who is a difference maker for the lines and if a potential starting QB is there after the first pick him up. Add depth to the secondary and wideouts in the later rounds.

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
so you think we wasted 2nd round draft picks 2 years running, give these kids a chance before you kick them out of town.

So if Kearse wants to play in Buffalo we should say no?

If Will Smith- a Kearse/Freeny kind of mold player is there, we should say no thanks?

Hey- I'm a Big fan of Coy Wire but picking up Milloy was a no brainer. DE should be treated the same way

helmetguy
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
I think we should count GW's departure as a given. Demoting hin to Coordinator has an inherent risk of "disgruntled employee." We can always use upgrades in personnel, and I think TD will do well in that department; all the while being mindful of the Salary Cap ramifications AND continuity if/when "key" players explore Free Agency. His record in Pittsburgh bears that out.

Novacane
11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
No, except for Schobel, we have a ***** jam at DE.

ROFLMAO

venis2k1
11-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

So if Kearse wants to play in Buffalo we should say no?

If Will Smith- a Kearse/Freeny kind of mold player is there, we should say no thanks?

Hey- I'm a Big fan of Coy Wire but picking up Milloy was a no brainer. DE should be treated the same way

first off, Freeny was a big risk that paid off, for every one first round DE taken that makes a big impact their first couple years, there are about 5 that dont. There are no locks, thats why unless we can get a PROVEN rusher, we should let the young guys we got develop.

as for kearse, NO ONE is build in the kearse mold. he is a straight up freak. His wing span is an incredible 86"...over 7 feet. :supper:

TigerJ
11-11-2003, 11:30 PM

The Bills may keep DB. It's also possible that Mark Brunnell could be available. I don't know if Brunnell will be a FA or not but the Jags won't keep him. If he's not a FA and the Jags try to trade him, he might not be worth what they'd ask.

Maybe.

TH could have a fair amount of value as trade bait.

Check out rumors on Kevin Johnson elsewhere on the board.

I think Buffalo likes Neufeld who is third on the depth chart.

Damien Woody might become available.

Maybe

Round 1: Defensive End. Best one available, that's already proven as a dominant pass rusher. No more "best talent available" crap, we NEED a DE here.

Will Smith is a possiblility if there is no run before the Bills pick. If the Bills keep losing, there's no question he'll be available.

Round 2: Guard. No question about it. Brown is not as good nemore, and Pucillo sux neway.

There's few guards worth a second round pick and some decent ones who could be available in rounds three and four.

Round 3: QB. Someone that could be great after a year of watching Bledsoe. Maybe we should get the QB in the 4th round instead of 3rd.

I'd switch and take my QB in round two where JP Losman might be around. If he's gone there are some others worth a second round pick.

Round 4: WR. Tall guy with great speed and good enough hands for the NFL. Maybe we should get a WR in the 3rd round instead of 4th.

Go to a good draft web site and check out Drew Carter - Ohio State. His numbers are absolutely Randy Moss like. 6'4" and runs the 40 in 4.26. He's had injury problems, I think because he played too light his first couple years in college. He came out of high school at 185. He's up to 200. I think if he could add another 20 lbs of muscle he might be less of an injury risk.

Round 5: DT. Some HUGE guy that will actually take up major space, and has great work ethic, even if he doesn't immediatly start for a season or 2.

Huge guys are tough to find late in the draft. I wanted James Lee last spring who fit that bill, but most guys late in the darft are like Lavale Sape for the Bills (6'1" 297).

Round 6: Strong Safety: Someone for depth, that could play FS too.

You can't be sure you can find a guy at this point in the draft who's any better than the guys you've got already.

Round 7: Tackle. Another depth guy, who could play either side.

I assume you mean OT. I doubt the Bills could find someone here at OT who could make the team.