X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiehaskill
    • Sep 2003

Center Trey teague's statement

``But we're not really concerned about people outside of this locker room.'' ~ Trey Teague

Ummm, does he think this game is for fun and that fans havn't invested time, money, and heart into their season. What a joke!

It's time to start being concerned with what the outsiders think Trey because you idiots are all telling each other in the locker room that everything is OK and things "just didn't work out". F*** every single player on that team. They are all living in la la land. I wish i could be there with them. Instead I get to read about how they enjoy it there.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

I think your taking that quote waaaaaaaaaaaay out of context.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

Easy Eddie, not worth having a massive coronary!

Yeah, well, it comes from the top! TD's the best at "marketing"/trying to schmooze the media. If TD and GW didn't like it, then they wouldn't be saying it. Also, I'm not so sure that's not what they're hearing from TD and GW.

Not to worry, they'll start caring next year when 20% of ST holders don't renew b/c they can't run a team.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

It sounds like a variation on a Marv Levy-ism-"If you start listening to the fans, you'll end up sitting in the stands with them."

Correct me if I'm wrong as to who said it, or even if the wording is correct. Just the same, it makes sense. If you let the fans dictate what you should do on the field, then you might as well hang it up.
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• caveboy
          • Oct 2003

True Helmet. But I gotta say when we can ALL predict that the wrong play to call on 3rd and 2 inside the red zone is a pass into the back of the endzone after failed attempts on 1st and 2nd, and KG does it anyway, maybe the fans actually know a thing or two.

What is amazing to me is that KG/GW keep hammering away and trying to force it into tight spots down there. Henry sustains a drive, but hey, when they get in close, let's not reward Henry with a shot at the endzone, let's instead chuck it out of bounds over the heads of everyone. That sends the wrong message to the line (and Henry) that KG/GW doesn't think they can punch it in on the ground.

How the hell is the line going to get any confidence that way?
          "Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by caveboy
            True Helmet. But I gotta say when we can ALL predict that the wrong play to call on 3rd and 2 inside the red zone is a pass into the back of the endzone after failed attempts on 1st and 2nd, and KG does it anyway, maybe the fans actually know a thing or two.

What is amazing to me is that KG/GW keep hammering away and trying to force it into tight spots down there. Henry sustains a drive, but hey, when they get in close, let's not reward Henry with a shot at the endzone, let's instead chuck it out of bounds over the heads of everyone. That sends the wrong message to the line (and Henry) that KG/GW doesn't think they can punch it in on the ground.

How the hell is the line going to get any confidence that way?
            I agree. It's one thing to be predictable and still succeed. That is "You know what I'm going to do, but I'm going to do it and you CAN'T stop it," in contrast to "This is what I'm going to do. GEEZ! I hope it works."

Where I see the problem is that, regardless of the result, Gilbride sticks to the script,; as though it will somehow succeed for once after a litany of failures. In KG's situation, he SHOULD listen to the fans and take a seat with them. What Teague was referring to was that responsibility has to start with the guys in the lockerroom; that they have to concern themselves with the job at hand, and everything else (fan approval) will take care of itself.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

He and the line full of heartless wonders are the main problem, I wouldn't have much to say if I were him. ACC COUNTRY

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                I wouldn't have much to say if I were him.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                X