PDA

View Full Version : Intresting Thought about a new coach

DraftBoy
11-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Anybody else think since the D has been so good this season, ranked 3rd in the NFL. TD may giev Jerry Gray a shot at the job. He has the D fired up almost every game, and they dont ever get outcoached on that side, just outplayed. Dont know if hes a wise choice but I cant stop thinking that TD will interview him and possibly give him the job.

IHateTheDullphins
11-11-2003, 03:04 PM
No.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2003, 03:06 PM
TD might just do it because the minority hiring would make him look good.

helmetguy
11-11-2003, 03:12 PM
He's just now getting comfortable in the DC's seat. I'm not sure how well he'll fare without GW's support, though in that, he's employing most of the defensive strategy of the guys he's worked with for several years (Ryan, Fisher, GW). There's no doubt that TD will interview him (being mindful of the NFL's interview policy) and the interview will be based on JG's merits alone. What will make the difference, however, is whether TD would consider another rookie for the HC job. I think the three years of GW's stewardship might pursuade TD to look in the direction of someone with HC experience; someone who can put all the individual parts together cohesively on gameday. That has been GW's biggest failing.

Dozerdog
11-11-2003, 04:13 PM
No freakin' way

Grey has been DC for 3 seasons, and the Bills defense was terrible for 2

Grey was bailed out by LeBeau and a ton of new FA's. Last season, Grey's schemes on defense were horrid- we diidn't have the personnell for the 46, yet he stubbornly stuck to it to a fault- just like Gilbride is sticking to this failed offensive game plan.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Boot Grey, KG and GW. Coughlin for HC, LeBeau for DC, and somebody (?) for OC. Coughlin's choice.

Michael82
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
I still say that Dick LeBeau is the one running the defense this year. Have you seen all the Zone Blitzes and all that stuff? Dick LeBeau's hands are all over this defense!

Novacane
11-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Absolutely Not! He should not even get an interview!

Tatonka
11-11-2003, 05:18 PM
what zone blitzes are you talking about??? we get no pressure.

Gunzlingr
11-11-2003, 05:19 PM
All Gray should get is a boot out the door.