X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Before we all jump on the "our defense is great" bandwagon

When was the last time we won a game where we scored less than 20 points.

I think it's 2000 or 2001 - it definitely wasn't last year or this year.

Sometimes when the offense doesn't show up, the defense has to go that extra mile or get that extra takeaway to win the game ... ours hasn't done that for years.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I agree with you. Our defense is much improved over the last couple of years, but they have yet to prove to be consistent with game-breaking plays.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

look at the only games our offense showed up this year, pats and jags.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Re: Before we all jump on the "our defense is great" bandwagon

Originally posted by HenryRules

Sometimes when the offense doesn't show up, the defense has to go that extra mile or get that extra takeaway to win the game ... ours hasn't done that for years.
        When the offense doesn't show up, the defense is strained all game. Remember the Miami and Philly games? You can't have your D on the field for 45 minutes and still expect them to have the energy to come up with a big play.

Our D held Dallas to 10 points, 7 of which came off of an offensive turnover. The D did their part- it falls on the offense.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

Now you're trying to blame the defense which has only given up an average of 18 PPG in the last 1.5 years and who has been our only bright spot during that span?

There is nothing wrong with our defense. We just need an offense who can score a TD, and not set the other team up for 7-10 points a game.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

The "D" needs to create more turnovers and pressure the QB into throwing interceptions. Lack of pass rush and average safety play has resulted in lack of picks. Besides that it looks like a top 5 defense. Antwoine needs to get some picks, Nate needs to take less chances, someone needs to step up and become a starting free safety, Milloy needs to continue being a sniper and strip some balls.Posey has to become the blitzing force everyone expected, Takeo and london keep doin' your thing. Ends need an identity and the down lineman shut **** down. ACC COUNTRY

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Re: Before we all jump on the "our defense is great" bandwagon

It was regularly in the Flutie era. I've never seen a bunch of fans go ape**** the way many did after wins while the O put up 13, 16, 17 points and give all the credit to the midget.

It was incredible!
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Same defense for the cripple. Why couldn't he win games?

Comment

• socalfan
                  Old Fogey from Cali
                  • Feb 2003

I disagree they did it last year against Miami.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                    • Mar 2003

A defense that doesn't create turnovers/score points and get sacks is not a great defense. Bills D is solid - nothing more.

KC is ranked 25th. They lead the league in takeaway differential and are up their in sacks.

Their D is much better than the Bills.
                    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Before we all jump on the "our defense is great" bandwagon

Originally posted by Wys Guy

It was regularly in the Flutie era. I've never seen a bunch of fans go ape**** the way many did after wins while the O put up 13, 16, 17 points and give all the credit to the midget.

It was incredible!
                      Yup, we were winning ugly but at least we were winning.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                      X