• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Some thoughts for Bledsoe's critics

So Drew hasn't played well over the past few games, but keep the following in mind:

1. Our play calling sucks, courtesy of KG and GW's inability/unwillingness to reign him in (Dallas was rushing 7+ all game and Gash was lined up as a friggin wideout)
    2. Our O-line sucks
    3. Our number 1 receiver is injured and no one has stepped up to fill the #2 spot vacated by Price- Shaw has been inconsistent at best.

I'm not thrilled with Bledsoe, but I'm not ready to tar and feather him yet. He's missed some important passes (most notably Dave Moore wide open in the endzone against KC), but he's had a lot of factors working against him. Also, remember Todd Collins and Rob Johnson? I'll take Bledsoe any day over those utter failures.

Switching gears for a sec- assume TD does decide that Bledsoe needs to go. Is anyone better going to be available? (I honestly haven't checked on free agents- wondering if anyone has). We can obviously draft someone, but I don't like the idea of starting a rookie QB in the NFL.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

The last few games? More like 13 out of the last 17 games.

All this started LAST YEAR when he had Henry, Moulds, Price, Rimersman, and Centers.

In his last 17 games he has 14 TD's and 26 TO's. Is that what you're looking for in a starting QB? Almost twice as many TO's as TD's?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
      The last few games? More like 13 out of the last 17 games.

All this started LAST YEAR when he had Henry, Moulds, Price, Rimersman, and Centers.

In his last 17 games he has 14 TD's and 26 TO's. Is that what you're looking for in a starting QB? Almost twice as many TO's as TD's?
      What about the second part of my post? Is there anyone better that we might actually be able to afford without sacrificing the rest of the team?
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

also does anyone have Todd Collins' or RJ's numbers? I doubt they're much better
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          What about the second part of my post? Is there anyone better that we might actually be able to afford without sacrificing the rest of the team?
          We're sacrificing the rest of our team with Drew Bledsoe. I don't see many other QB's not being able to put up 6 TD's and 14 TO's. What has Drew done to help the situation?

There isn't anybody out there to pick up. That's why we got suckered into giving up a 1st rounder for Drew in the first place.

Unless you're willing to pay Bledsoe over 30 million during the next 4 years the future is now. It's time to draft a QB to learn for the future. It's gonna get worst before it gets better with Drew as our QB.

If we don't plan on keeping Bledsoe after next year(which I pray would never happen) then next year we try to find the future. Do you really have any faith that Drew can lead us to the promise land next year?

There's no sense of wasting more time on the Drew Bledsoe experiment. The longer we rely on Drew the more time we lose for the future. Drew is not the future.

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

also does anyone have Todd Collins' or RJ's numbers? I doubt they're much better
            Them guys don't have a team pinning their hopes on them, and they're not being paid 6 million a year for mediocrity.

As bad as RJ/Van Pelt was in 2001, they have better numbers then Drew is putting up this year.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Re: Some thoughts for Bledsoe's critics

So Drew hasn't played well over the past few games, ...
              Yeah, gotta agree here Op, you're sugar-coating this in spades.

Blew hasn't played well really at all since he's gotten to Buffalo. The last ten games last year he played like crap putting up only like 5 TDs to 10 INTs plus a few lost FUMs to boot in 8 or 9 of our 10 last games. So what, he had great games v. Minnesota, Chicago, and Houston, three of last year's worst teams.

Other than those, he's tossed like 22 TDs to 23 INTs and added many more lost FUMs to that too for near 30 total TOs.

40% of those TDs were scored in another 2 or 3 games or so too.

You can defend Blew on the merits of pure speculation, but no sane person would use his time in Buffalo as a case for anything other than below average. Even mediocre/average are pushing it. You simply can't average close to 2 TOs/game and expect to be anything other than poor.

Even last week a couple fantasy shows said Blew wasn't even among the top 20 QBs in the league right now.

I can understand "hoping" for something to change. But defending Blew on the merits of his play only speaks to the notion that we need to get rid of him asap.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                As bad as RJ/Van Pelt was in 2001, they have better numbers then Drew is putting up this year.
                gawd.. that is awful to even think.. the fact that it is true is just pathetic.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

I wasn't a proponent of bringing Bledsoe to Buffalo but was happy of the enthusaism it brought to Buffalo after the RJ period and I hoped the coaching/front office staff learned their lesson - you need to design your offense to suit your QB.

Gilbride gave hope for he had run different offenses in Houston, Pittsburgh and Jacksonville. But Gilbride's system did not adjust after defenses caught up with changes he made and he did not change the system this year despite prodding by Donahoe.

Bills need to look for a new QB but after the front office staff chooses a new head coach and OC. The new front office staff needs to evaluate the weaknesses of the team objectively and see who is available.

If Drew is the best new coaching staff thinks we can get and he is willing to postpone bonus to February he is kept otherwise Bills look to deal or cut him.

In my opinion the Bills need to willing to spend more for coaching staff and scouting department. I think the scouting staff capabilities have gone down since Butler left.

Comment

Working...
                  X