PDA

View Full Version : How do you see the Raider game???

Phins054
10-01-2002, 01:10 PM
What will it take to pull out a win against the Raiders???

Ebenezer
10-01-2002, 01:12 PM
How do you see the Raider game???

with my eyes...

J/K...high scoring...take the over if it is 50 or less.

venis2k1
10-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Another big game for Drew.

JefftheBillsfan
10-01-2002, 02:06 PM
without woodson...this is a very winable game. i haven't put too much thought into it...but moulds vs. bucchannon is sounding pretty good right now. they aren't a power run team, so im not overly scared about that. It is going to come down to if our LBs actually want to do something to help shut down those intermediate passes...

RedEyE
10-01-2002, 04:41 PM
.....Here is how I see it.........

Control the ball and keep the defense OFF the field.......

Insert Larry Centers in the game plan. Gilbride and the rest of the Bills coaching staff love their explosive receivers, and I think that inserting Larry Centers could improve the receiving threat downfield even more. The offense has been going with a 2 TE set and a 1 back running game. Obviously, beside the Jets game, the Bills running game has been weak and predictable. Larry Centers could break the running game and the passing game wide open. Centers has proven his abilty that he can provide solid pass block support for Drew. His knack for setting up and catching clock/yard eating screen plays is unarguable. Most importantly he will assist the OL by widening gaps for Henry to truck through. Mix-it-up. Utilize J-Reimersma sparingly, Josh Reed will continue to run routes across the middle, and insure that Moore is in on most of the downs, switching ends assisting the OL. The Oakland LBs will be preparing this week to stop Henry, wanting Buffalo to go to the air against their secondary. They beleive that they can force the mistake, and get the ball back to their offense to chew up the clock. Engaging Centers on Sunday would throw the Raiders defense into a state of unbalance. Coverages will be blown, Moulds and Price will have multiple opportunities for long scores as the Bills running game forces the Raider's Safetys to play closer to the line of scrimmage. One on one matchups downfield is a Bledsoe wet dream.

The Bills D ~

IMO, ditch the 46. The Bills have the talent and capabilities to go to a 4-3. The 46 and the 4-3 are similar yet different. Unlike the 46 the 4-3 is a defense that focuses more evenly on preventing the run and the pass. While not fool proof it tends to be more reliable. A lot of LB blitzing and more zones in the secondary. DBs can help one another as opposed to always matching 1 on 1 with receivers. PI calls should deminish. The DBs won't be "chasing" after receivers, but rather releasing them to another player that is waiting to help. Fletcher would run the show in the middle along side Robinson and a sack happy Newman floating from side to side (the old Newman). The front four doesn't change either, it stays exactly the same. The most important change will be the relief our DBs can provide one another. No longer could opposing teams prey on Watson. They would be forced to try and weave routes through the secondary. Clements and Winfield would be in INT heaven. ...............Unfortunatley, the Bills are sold on the 46. So, again this week they will need to focus on stopping the run and continue to pray that the secondary will hold their own against the pass in OT.

WG
10-01-2002, 05:01 PM
Interesting RE!!!

ublinkwescore
10-01-2002, 05:13 PM
The Raiders will eat us up if we don't show them that they're gonna have to work to complete passes over the middle.

It was nice to actually see one of our CBs make a play this week.

JayWood
10-01-2002, 05:16 PM
How do I see the game against the Raiders? I see a packed house at the Ralph getting behind there team. We will see a crowd so fired up that you would think that Jim Kelly and company were on the field and that it was the early 1990's. On the field a true team leader will march his boys up and down the field showing why they are one of if not the best offense in the National Football League. On the flip side a group of hard working young talented ballplayers will have to play the game of the season so far, and prove that yes they are young, however that is an excuse, and its time to prove that they are a threat. The game will be close, but this team has found something that has been missing in Buffalo for a number of years now...Confidence, Determination, Energy, Leadership, and most importantly the excitment that comes in playing the game

casdhf
10-01-2002, 05:19 PM
The 46 is our best defense. We've been hurt alot when Newman goes out and Watson comes in. Almost all the rushing yards come when Watson is on the field, not Newman.

Tom D
10-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
: How do you see the Raider game???

From above

Phins054
10-01-2002, 06:59 PM
I see GOD is a lefty...Does GOD love lefties?!?

Bufftp
10-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Yes he does Phins, he even loves Phin fans.

SoCalBillsFan
10-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
Yes he does Phins, he even loves Phin fans.

Blasphemy!

:D

Phins054
10-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Well if all else fails...I'm a lefty too...:D

Bufftp
10-01-2002, 08:12 PM
Though he may be considering obliterating S. California off the old globe. ;)

SoCalBillsFan
10-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Where are you from, buff? What's wrong with southern california?

Bufftp
10-01-2002, 08:25 PM
Socal, I was just joshin. Love San Diego, can't stand L.A.

From Buffalo
Four favorite Citys other than Blo
Chicago
N.Y.C.
Toronto
San Diego

DraftBoy
10-01-2002, 08:30 PM
What to do to win:

Throw alot over the middle and exploit there weak LB core. We must keep Tony Bryant and Grady Jackson off Bledsoe. We just gotta throw to win. That and the game must go to OT.

SoCalBillsFan
10-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Where in san diego, buff? Greatest city ever! I grew up there, still live there in the summer, plan on living there after college.

Los Angeles is a great place to go to college, would be a terrible place to live!

Buffarama
10-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
What will it take to pull out a win against the Raiders???

Well since everyone in the continental USA expects a high scoring game, I will predict a low scoring game.
I will predict a Raider meltdown with the Bills offense not being able to take advantage of it, maybe due to to weather as well.
At any rate, I will say the Bills will win 26-17.

TigerJ
10-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Stay the course on offence. Cut down on mistakes (fumbles, penalties, special team breakdowns). Force a turnover or two on the Raiders.

Tatonka
10-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
.....Here is how I see it.........

The Oakland LBs will be preparing this week to stop Henry, wanting Buffalo to go to the air against their secondary. They beleive that they can force the mistake, and get the ball back to their offense to chew up the clock.

i couldnt disagree more...

the raiders are NOT oblivious to the fact that bledsoe is the best qb in the league right now... they are not going to want him to pass.. why would they.. they are missing their best cb in charles woodson. they will load the secondary.. and henry will bust them up while they are playing the pass.

but dont be fooled.. we will see, for the first time this year, a team come in and try to shut down the passing game by playing nickle and dime defenses. and when they do that, spread them out with 3 WR and a TE, and henry in the single back formation, and let him chip away for 6 yards a carry.

IMHO of coarse.

:bravo:

Phins054
10-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Good point Tatonka...

I think on D you will need to generate a solid pass rush and knock Gannon down a few times. On O just put points on the board. Run or pass it does not matter, just score. A lot.

WG
10-02-2002, 12:27 PM
"How do you see the Raider game???"

Probably on television...

WG
10-02-2002, 12:32 PM
Keep in mind that while the Raiders rank high right now offensively, they really had a HUGE game v. Pittsburgh.

Also, their opponents for this season so far are 3-8 and all 3 of them have serious issues of some sort. Pittsburgh blows. Seattle is injury riddled. Tennessee is all banged up in their secondary as well. Their D hasn't played well in general either.

I realize we're not to talk when it comes to D, but we can play better than those teams. Also, Tennessee's weakness was their secondary. That is the opposite w/ us.

This will be the Raiders first tough test all in all. They should be able to put some points up, but for once they'll have to contend w/ us doing the same.

I like our chances.