• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

Trade

I was just watching The Empire Sports Report and Josh Mora just reported that the Sabres were about to strike a deal with the Mighty Ducks for goalie Martin Gerber and prospects for Marty Biron. He said it could go before wednesdays game against the Devils !!

I dont know how reliable josh mora is so I was just wondering if anyone else heard anything about this !!!

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

• Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

This trade makes Zero sense.

Gerber is a very good goalie- but why trae for ANOTHER Mika Nooronen?

it still leaves us with 3 goalies, and the one in return , while having a great season, has yet to prove he's better in the long Haul than Biron. And it addresses no Sabres needs.

On the Ducks side it makes even less sense. Giguere just was signed to a long term big dollar deal. Unless the Ducks are in it for another third party team trade- it makes no sense at all.

Comment

• chubluv
      • Jan 2003

Thats what I thought. So thats why i asked if anyone else heard anything about this.

We are in 5th place
      Clump is on the IR
      Chubluv average is 167
      Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I'll tell you what I wouldn't mind that deal if it included Michael Holmqvist and or Joffrel Lupul.

Comment

• chubluv
          • Jan 2003

Mora said that Lindy & Darcy were scouting the Cincinnati Might ducks while they were in rochester tonight, but who knows we'll see if any thing goes down tomorrow...

We are in 5th place
          Clump is on the IR
          Chubluv average is 167
          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ

Comment

• Travis Hunter
            • Jul 2002

Has anyone seen Gerber's stats?

22 games last year .929 S%, and 1.94 GA.

This year he's .937 S% after 6 games with 1.83 GA.

Biron has a .902 S% after 9 games with a 2.82 GA.

Noronon has a .912 S% after 6 games with a 2.16 GA.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Have you seen Giguiere's? They stink.

The point is- why would the Ducks unload a Goalie having an awesone season when the #1 just resigned and is struggling? If the Ducks made a mistake, put Gerber in more often.

If they blow Buffalo's best chip in the trade arena- Rieger & Ruff should be shot

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

It's equivilent of the Bills trading Travis Henry to the Rams for Lamar Gordon& Draft picks

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                  • Jul 2002

Giguiere is a household name there now. They just signed him, and he's going to start regardless.
                  If that weren't the case, we could get Giguier instead of Gerber for the same price, and we'd all be jumping up and down.
                  Who celebrated when Hasek came here. Just look at the guys numbers.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
                    UltimateSabres Director of Writing Operations
                    • Sep 2003

The Ducks have been doing a lot of talking with the Oilers for Comrie. But they can't get the deal done.

Maybe the Sabres are getting some of the chips from the Ducks to make a run at Comrie.

Biron to Anaheim makes no sense unless they deal him. The Aves are likely candidates.

I think Buffalo trades Biron to Anaheim for Gerber and change (Smirnov if we're lucky). Buffalo then sends Gerber, Afino or Connolly, and possibly a pick/prospect to Edmonton for Comrie. Anaheim strikes a deal sending JIGGY to Colorado and keep Biron in nets. It makes sense to me. Jiggy is commanding a fortune and not playing well. Colorado wants a goalie with playoff experience.

Eh, that's probably a long shot prediction, but it could work.

I like it in terms of making the playoffs this year. I don't like that Comrie...who will sign cheaply this year...will be asking for craploads down the road. As will Briere eventually.

Luckily, Drury is locked up for four years. That was a smart move Darc.
                    "If the gods exist, then why is the world so full of pain and injustice?"

"Because of men like you."

"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

If Gerber is so great, why trade Giguiere and end up with Biron?

Why would Edmo want a goalie? Giving up on Salo?

Why would the Sabres want Comrie if they are holding a spot for Roy?

If the Ducks want to trade Carney, I'd give them any three players off the current roster except for Miro and Drury.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                        • Jul 2002

The way Satan has been playing, I would trade him for a large forward that comes to play every night but doesn't score 40 goals, but more than 25.
                        Satan is tying up a lot of money this year, and I'm not sure he's worth it. I'd even take a big name defensman for him, and a big one at that.

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

Biron will go to a differant team and do amazing, later he will talk **** about our team and coaching. Like alot of our x-sabres.
                          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                            The way Satan has been playing, I would trade him for a large forward that comes to play every night but doesn't score 40 goals, but more than 25.
                            Satan is tying up a lot of money this year, and I'm not sure he's worth it. I'd even take a big name defensman for him, and a big one at that.
                            This team needs every goal it can get. You don't get rid of underpaid goal scorer no matter how much it is perceived he is taking up. There is no salcap in hockey. He was the last deal the Sabres cut this summer. If they could not afford him they would not have given him the contract.

What is it with Buffalo fans and guys that "shows up to play every night". I'll "show up" and "play hard" everynight and they can pay me $100K. It will save a lot of money and the fans will be delierious...we won't win any more games though. I want players that put the puck in the net or stop it from going in their own net. Give me that...not 20 Rob Rays (which is what the fans in this town seem to want).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
                              Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                              Biron will go to a differant team and do amazing, later he will talk **** about our team and coaching. Like alot of our x-sabres.
                              I can assure you that Biron would NEVER do such a thing. Biron is not the type to talk ****. Hell.. he'd rather put himself down than the team. He blames himself after loses.. and even after wins that he played a big role.. he downplays it and says that it was a team effort. He would never do that..

Anyhow.. the deal just doesn't make sense to me.. I don't understand why it would happen
                              ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

Working...
                              X