PDA

View Full Version : Former GM Randy Mueller

clumping platelets
11-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Randy,
As a loyal Bills fan, I was wondering your opinion on something. Don't you think the Bills would have been better served drafting an Anquan Boldin or Taylor Jacobs rather than Willis McGahee or Chris Kelsay? Our D-line is awful, and Travis is back into old form.
-- Brian
West Palm Beach, Fla.

Brian,
I think the Bills thought their O-line and D-line would play much better than they have. Signing Sam Adams was supposed to give them the run stopper to go with Pat Williams in the middle of their defense. What GM Tom Donahoe did was look down the road and draft for the future with McGahee. I'm sure Greg Williams would agree with your "help me now" line of thinking. I do think you'll be very happy in a couple years that you have Willis MaGahee and he's running for 1,500 yards a year.

My issue with the Bills receivers is that they lack speed to spread a defense. Both Bobby Shaw and Josh Reed are solid possession receivers, but neither is going to strike fear in any secondary people and force them to turn and run at the first sign of a deep route. I still think this team is a work in progress, with some holes still needing to be filled. Expectations might have gotten a bit out of control in the preseason.

I think he's a bit off on Sam Adams signing.....the run defense is much improved over the last couple of seasons. However, he does hit the nail on the head about lack of speed at WR

mybills
11-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

However, he does hit the nail on the head about lack of speed at WR

Agree. Have you noticed that the Falcons rarely use Price? Don't they know what they have? :shakeno:

I miss him. :sadwalk:

G. Host
11-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Price was a foolish choice for Falcons. He is a big play, stretch the defense player and even with Vick they have wrong QB.

Stewie
11-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Price will be fine.. He has no QB.

clumping platelets
11-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Falcons have no defense either :snicker: