What about him for a coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valerie
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

What about him for a coach?

I've made a few comments about looking at Danny White (coach of the AFL Arizona team) as a possible coach. He's done one hell of a job with that team and I know he's been coach of the year at least once. He's got NFL playing experience and he's got professional coaching experience, with a winning record. I think he's worth a look. Why won't anyone comment on this? I would rather see someone who has professional coaching experience than a coach fresh out of college. Like players out of college, you just don't know how good they're going to be once they hit the pros. I don't know why no one is looking around to the AFL for possible coaches.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

• Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I'd hire him- but the Buffalo Destroyers are in Columbus now.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Oh... you were serous about that- well- he coaches street football.

Not interested. If he had any decent coaching skills- he would be an NFL assistant

Comment

• Jaded 7
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, I was being serious. I don't know how big the differences between the AFL and NFL are. I would think that it would be easier to move from the AFL to the NFL rather than from college to the NFL. But, I don't know which is why I asked the question.

Comment

• gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

She just likes him because he is an ex-cowboy and she wants to have his children

JK, J.

I don't think the AFL is in the same league as the NFL
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

I wonder if Tobee Keeth can coach ?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Uh- no.

Arena Football is played on a hockey rink with a rug layed over it. They have 6-7 players on a side, not 11. Players have to play both offense and defense.

The only common thing both sports have is the football itself. Completely different rules.

Comment

• Jaded 7
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gunzlingr She just likes him because he is an ex-cowboy and she wants to have his children
                Yes, I do like him, but not in that way. And, he's one of the only players I used to watch play, who went on to coach. Usually they just leave the sport entirely, which I never really understood. If you were a great player (and I know Danny wasn't), I would think you would make a good coach. I don't know why some of these guys don't go on to coaching.
                Originally posted by Dozerdog Uh- no.

Arena Football is played on a hockey rink with a rug layed over it. They have 6-7 players on a side, not 11. Players have to play both offense and defense.

The only common thing both sports have is the football itself. Completely different rules.
                Thanks, Dozer. I know absolutely NOTHING about the AFL and I was just wondering if any of their coaches would make good NFL coaches.

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

It's like comparing stickball to baseball...only vaguely similar

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
                    Yes, I do like him, but not in that way. And, he's one of the only players I used to watch play, who went on to coach. Usually they just leave the sport entirely, which I never really understood. If you were a great player (and I know Danny wasn't), I would think you would make a good coach. I don't know why some of these guys don't go on to coaching.
                    Because a lot of them, like Steve Tasker, want nothing to do with what they saw their coaches go through with the long hours and such.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

My ex- high school coach is available. We were 11-0 and 3rd in State my Junior year. He played TE for the Eagles once.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

It's a pretty big chasm between Arena football and the NFL. It might be a positive to have some AFL coaching on your resume, but it would probably be better if you had something a little closer to the pro game as your most recent gig.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

He can go coach the Cowboys seeing that's your favorite team!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I don't think it would hurt to at least bring him in for an interview....see what he thinks about how hard it would be to adapt.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jaded 7
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz He can go coach the Cowboys seeing that's your favorite team!
                              I would be all for that, except the Cowboys already have a competent coach! The Bills are the ones who don't have one. lol

It was just a suggestion. As I said earlier, I don't know anything about Arena football and how different it is from the NFL. I just thought that if everyone was throwing out ideas for possible coaches, I would see what everyone thought of Danny as a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X