PDA

View Full Version : Did Wys write this?

Jeff1220
11-12-2003, 10:07 AM
POSTED 8:55 a.m. EST, LAST UPDATED 11:07 a.m. EST, November 10, 2003

DONAHOE MUST GO?

With the Buffalo Bills limping through the middle portion of the schedule, head coach Gregg Williams' fate is all but sealed. The coach isn't under contract beyond 2003, and he surely won't be retained.

The only remaining uncertainty is whether he'll be run out of town before the season ends. Our guess is that, once the team chalks up its ninth loss on the season, Williams will be gone.

The deeper question, as we see it, is whether G.M. Tom Donahoe will catch any of the blame for the team's poor performance...

read the rest here:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

WG
11-12-2003, 10:53 AM
"He "can't get rid of the ball," said the source, who also reminded us that Donahoe once said he was sold on Bledsoe merely be watching him throw the ball in warmups in a game against the Patriots. "[G]reat way to evaluate a player," said the source. "Maybe he should watch game tape next time." "

At least my guess as to how TD evaluates talent appears to be dead on; by relying on media hype and w/o looking at any film of his own. He made the same mistake w/ Adams and Posey!

From the Roth D&C article:

"Parcells may have said nice things about Bledsoe, but he showed him zero respect by sending blitz after blitz, knowing the 11-year veteran has no mobility and alarmingly weak pocket sense for a player with his credentials."

He's dead on too!

IHateTheDullphins
11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
:bf1:

WG
11-12-2003, 11:06 AM
I actually agree w/ the profootballtalk.com writer Florio. Who knows, maybe he did take his stuff from my earlier articles, but the point that TD hasn't given GW the tools, and further, has overridden GW on Gilbride, wasn't really fair to GW.

IMO the problems of this team in rank order are:

The Gilbride/Dredsoe tandem! They both suck and both need to go. Blew's arm strength is fading and when that happens, his only asset is diminishing, there's no reason to keep him.

TD, who has simply ignored the most important things on correcting this team and handed the keys to a lemon to GW.

GW, for losing control of this team and allowing it to get to this state of disarray. While I believe that TD and KG/DB are higher priorities for what's wrong, GW's made some horrendous decisions himself and cannot be given a pass.

The lines, both of them. We simply do not have the talent to compete in the playoffs w/ the talent on the lines that we have. Part of that is most likely coaching as well w/ Ruel in there. I think he's a rookie OL coach, not sure. The lines are gonna take more than one offseason to correct, especially using "Donahoe's patented 'Draft Day for Dummies' " approach. We're never gonna improve our lines by grabbing everyone else's trash along with 5th thru 7th round rookies and 2nd-year guys and hoping that all of a sudden they're gonna start playing like All Pro players. It's idiotic to even think that the fans would accept that notion Tom!

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 11:06 AM
It's up to the coaches to devise a game plan that takes advantage of Drew's strengths. Drew maybe playing bad, but it's up to the coaches to adjust the gameplan and find ways to make plays.

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
It's up to the coaches to devise a game plan that takes advantage of Drew's strengths. Drew maybe playing bad, but it's up to the coaches to adjust the gameplan and find ways to make plays.

My wife and I were driving in the car on Sunday and listened to the 2nd half. Without the aid of TV all she did was say, "1st down, pass. 2nd down, run. 3rd down, pass." She was predicting the type of play the bills would run and except for one play in the 3rd quarter she called every single one of them correctly. Now, if she can do that in a car you tell me that BILL PARCELLS can't figure out what the Bills are doing?? The roadkill must be gutted. GW and KG have to go. DB did not forget how to play football since week 2...nobody could succeed with the offensive game plans we have seen.

WG
11-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Dude, what are Blew's strengths?

Arm strength and an ability to hit the big play. That's what those articles are all about. With single coverage on every WR all day long for the most part, he couldn't hook up once. The blocking wasn't stellar, but it wasn't so bad that Blew shouldn't have either thrown to the WRs or another receiver or simply thrown it away.

The coaches can only do so much. They can't force Blew to quit playing like RJ, exactly like RJ, w/ the major difference being that Blew can't move the way RJ did. At least RJ would take off if it got too crowded. Blew doesn't even have that option.

Instead, with 4 or 5 tacklers around him, he holds onto the ball "loaf of bread" style, then fumbles, and scratches his head. What can the coaches do about that? Nothing! If he hasn't learned that by now then he's finished in the NFL! This is second and third year stuff, not something that an 11 year vet who's touted as being among the better QBs in the league, blah, blah..., should be trying to work on!

Let's give it up, defending Blew! We're gonna be treated to much, much more of this poor QB play this season. That much I will guarantee. So at the end of the year, even you won't be even approaching making any excuses for Blew anymore. It'll be next to impossible other than for the absolute "go down w/ the ship Bledsoe PJ diehards." :)

WG
11-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Now, if she can do that in a car you tell me that BILL PARCELLS can't figure out what the Bills are doing??
LMAO...

Indeed! But then too, Blew obviously has terminal issues of his own. There's no way on earth that performances such as Dredsoe is turning are exclusively the fault of the coaches. Afterall, they are the same coaches who apparently were coaching last year when Blew was doing the exact same things only with you and the rest of the fans ignoring what was really happening.

Again, the mantra was that the more Blew threw, the more we won and the better we did when that was completely opposite the truth of the matter. Blame the coaches for their role, don't blame them for Blew's part in all this.

They all, all three of them need to be shown the door together.

Again, there are 7 more games left, 4 v. opponents and situations that we haven't faced yet this year that are gonna be blowouts. We haven't seen the worst of Blew by a long shot. Thus far it's been teams that don't have a shot at the playoffs and will rival us for draft spot: Cincy, Jax, Skins, Eagles while they were all banged up and playing poorly. Expect more of what we saw v. KC when we play Tennessee, Indy, NE, the Jets, and maybe even Miami.

LarryBoy
11-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Whos Blew Dredsoe?

WG
11-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Why is anyone defending Blew anymore?

We were way harder on RJ for doing the exact same things only with a fraction of the team around him, yet, when the same exact things befall Blew, it has nothing to do w/ him.

I can see putting the analysis on hold temporarily until we've played another 3 or 4 games, but defending Blew IMO is silly. His play is indefensible. This notion that when things go right it's him yet when they don't, it's the team, just doesn't float! It only reveals the "pro-Dredsoe" bias that's really driving all of this. I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad bias, nevertheless, it's a bias nonetheless. It's only bad if it ends up driving our team decisions.

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 11:24 AM
If Drew does play as bad as you are predicting, will you at least do us all a favor and keep your posts to a minimum?

We all know you will be jumping for joy but it does get old reading 25 different posts that basically say the same thing.

LarryBoy
11-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Whos Blew??

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 11:27 AM
If Drew does play as bad as you are predicting, will you at least do us all a favor and keep your posts to a minimum?

We all know you will be jumping for joy but it does get old reading 25 different posts that basically say the same thing.

If the coaches screw it up again, can I still rag on GW and KG?

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
LOL!! Sure you can. You don't write 1000 word posts and post them in 25 different threads ;)

WG
11-12-2003, 11:29 AM

I gotta tell ya WM, it's getting equally, if not even more "old" reading just as many if not more posts/threads defending Blew's play as anything other than what it is, CRAP!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, no?

And quite honestly, the truth in the matter seems to side w/ those against you making my case even more robust!

So instead of barking up the tree of those simply recognizing Blew's poor play for what it is, pehraps you should be talking to 'your own people' and asking them to quit already w/ the inane posts that insult everyone's intelligence and suggest that little of this has to do w/ Blew himself.

;)

As to my "jumping for joy" when Blew plays poorly, thanks for the provocation, but I 'jump for joy' when this team is headed down the right path. Right now it is not. If things happen to lead us down that path, whatever they may in fact be, I will do a little 'jump for joy'! But I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and scream "Go Bills" at the top of my lungs simply to appease a handful of fans who "can't let go."

WG
11-12-2003, 11:32 AM
The short version:

If you don't like to read about Blew's poor play, then don't post about how it has little to do w/ him!!!

Otherwise, a certain amount of discussion of his poor play is going to surface, and most of it is not initiated by me, you and others only "want it to" be so you "make it that way." But you're not going to avoid it b/c it's a fact. The posts that you and others are making telling us that none of it has to do w/ him are not factual.

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 11:33 AM
LOL!! Sure you can. You don't write 1000 word posts and post them in 25 different threads ;)

Being succint is the key to winning any argument.

LarryBoy
11-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Ok....Who is Blew Dredsoe and why do you hate him?

Honestly, stupid childish names kinda hurt your credibility, I mean thats something my 5 year old does. Just thought you should know.

Oh, and my "stupid" defending of Bledsoe stems from your "stupid" one sided bashing of him. If he was the only thing wrong with this team I'd agree with you, but he's not and until thats fixed its kinda hard to bash one player for all the mistakes this team makes.

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm as frustrated as you are Wys, but I'm not going to go on a rampage across the board and type dozens and dozens of threads and replies. I'll voice my opinion in a few threads and that's enough.

You over do it and then wonder why folks get so hostile towards you.

WG
11-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Being succint is the key to winning any argument.

I'll tell you what, go back to my first post in this thread and shorten it to include all the points made in it while keeping it short. Show me how.... :D

Providing enough information is also key. That's a large task here on these boards since so many people are driven by perceptions; "3 Pro Bowls", "Yardage records", etc. that don't speak to anything else other than those few very narrowly focused one-liners!

For example, it would appear to the average person that Blew earned those PB appearances. Yet, when we dig deeper, we find several things. He was never a starter or even close. We find that he only made two due to injuries of others who made it. So I suppose then we could say that "on his own merits", he really only made one, right? And since that one was as the last alternate, doesn't that speak volumes too?

All of a sudden those "Pro Bowl" appearances don't look to marvelous. Same w/ thy yardage records.

Again, one of Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" is to seek first to understand, then seek to be understood. Running around screaming "Pro Bowl Appearances" and "yardage" isn't 'seeking to understand' anything. It's simply gratuitous and "brief", as you apparently prefer it, mantras that are based on perceptions primarily. B/c when you did deeper, you uncover all kinds of other related pertinent information shedding light on many of the things that Blew is heralded for. Things that many don't want to see, so they don't look, then criticize others for pointing them out in more words then they care to read.

Not my fault. Sometimes information takes more than a headline to get the message thru.

LarryBoy
11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
I wonder though, if Im the only one that can see you sitting, watching the game, rubbing your hands together every time Bledsoe does something wrong, hoping he makes another one so you can run and post how right you are.

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 11:49 AM
here is short for you (in headline version):

Bills offensive problems stem from inept Gilbride and psychologically damaged Bledsoe.

Simple enough.

WG
11-12-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm as frustrated as you are Wys, but I'm not going to go on a rampage across the board and type dozens and dozens of threads and replies. I'll voice my opinion in a few threads and that's enough.

You over do it and then wonder why folks get so hostile towards you.

At last check, I was having a conversation w/ you. It just happens to be on the boards where you challenged me to it.

:idunno:

I think why people are so "hostile towards me" is b/c I speak the truth and they often don't want to hear the truth or "can't handle the truth."

As to now, things have turned around my friend. Those no longer wanting to "hear it", are those who can no longer ignore the fact that Blew has some serious issues in his performances!

I don't see you, Dozer, and a handful of others refraining from posting simply b/c the majority now doesn't want to hear it!

As I said, now the shoe's on the other foot and you're not liking it, are you?

;)

We'll see how much longer you and others keep "going against the flow" and posting how little or none of this has to do w/ Blew. It's always funny and interesting how one set of standards applies when it's favorable, but when it's no longer favorable, that set of standards is dismissed in favor of a "revised" one.

That is exactly what happened in evaluating RJ vice Blew. Two sets of standards. One that "mattered" when RJ was here, now all the exact same criteria categorically dismissed w/ Blew here!

Go figure....

;)

LarryBoy
11-12-2003, 11:50 AM

Bills offensive problems stem from inept Gilbride and psychologically damaged Bledsoe.

Simple enough.

Now that is something I can agree with.

WG
11-12-2003, 11:51 AM

Simple enough.

And people are supposed to believe that why...?

B/c I said so?

How come your posts aren't condensed down to a single sentence like that?

Different standards I see...

:D

Have fun w/ this. I'm outta here to meet MDFIN for lunch...

Ta Ta!

LOL

Novacane
11-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

some are still defending him because they know we are probably going to have him shoved down our throats again next season. No one wants to give up on next year before it even starts.

That's just my guess. I can't see any other reason anyone would defend Drew.

justasportsfan
11-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

because Drew isn't the only player to blame on this team. Ask Moulds. The coaches are to blame more than Drew and this OL. You keep starting threads like it's all his fault. We know he's been sucking lately.

We were way harder on RJ for doing the exact same things only with a fraction of the team around him, yet, when the same exact things befall Blew, it has nothing to do w/ him.

Because Rob keep losing the games while the midget kept winning w/ the same players around them. Rob had 4 years and Drew has had 1.5.