PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a receiver coach is also needed

socalfan
11-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Apparently, the Bills young receivers are not yet ready to play.....and E Moulds is doing the coaching now. What in the world is going on with this coaching staff?

----------------------------
Moulds mentioned rookie backups Clarence Coleman and Sam Aiken as two receivers who could see more time. In limited action, Coleman and Aiken have combined for seven receptions for 65 yards this season.

"Even though I'm hurt, I want to get the young guys in there to run routes," Moulds said. "But at the same time, they have to know exactly what they're doing because I don't think the coach is going to have confidence to put them out there if they don't know exactly what they're doing. Up until this point, that's why I've had to play hurt. Hopefully, eventually, we'll get those guys some confidence and they'll get in and play."

-----------------------------

WG
11-12-2003, 11:25 AM
LMAO socal!!!

I say get rid of the O side of the coaching from top-to-bottom. Keep Gray and the D coaches since they're doing OK. They'd have our D playing phenominally IMO if they had some lineman other than Schobel and Williams!

Pipedreams I suppose as long as Donahoe runs the team...

:shakeno:

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Let's cut the WR coach a break...the Bills got caught off guard because he had emergency cancer surgery this summer. Les Steckle took over during camp and was coaching both the RB and WR until Graves came back. Should they have brought somebody else in to help?? Yes, but there are extenuating circumstances on this one.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2003, 11:41 AM
I thought Charles Johnson was travelling with the team and bucking for the receiver coach job.

socalfan
11-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Yep Graves had the surgery, and Johnson was supposed to be tagging along to figure out if coaching was something he would be interested in.

But, the young guys are not prepared and Moulds is attempting to prepare them.

It seems to me that Graves may still not be able to coach them for some reason, either not recovered fully enough from the surgery or he has had an epiphany and is looking for a change in life styles or.....who can guess?

If the young guys were supposed to be doing this on their own, then something is definitely wrong.

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 11:52 AM
God, our coaching staff is a total mess. I'll give Graves a "pass" due to his illness but somebody else should have stepped up.

We just need to clean house and start over with all the coaches.

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
We just need to clean house and start over with all the coaches.

Repeat after me...Tom Coughlin.

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Amen!!

socalfan
11-12-2003, 11:56 AM
You shouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water.

All the pieces have to fit together. Maybe you just have to get rid of the 3-4 numbshuks on the staff. And it will make the other pieces fit a whole lot better.

Novacane
11-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
You shouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water.

All the pieces have to fit together. Maybe you just have to get rid of the 3-4 numbshuks on the staff. And it will make the other pieces fit a whole lot better.

We may have some decent coachs on this staff but do you think a guy like Coughlin is gonna come here if he can't bring in his own guys?
Whoever they hire as the next HC should have total control over who the assistants are. If he wants to interview current guys fine but TD should stay out of it. We all know his choice of cooridnators suck!

socalfan
11-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
......do you think a guy like Coughlin is gonna come here if he can't bring in his own guys?

I don't think TD will bring in anyone that will require his own staff. I think Pittsburgh was a bitter pill to TD and it will influence his decisions for the rest of his life.

...... Whoever they hire as the next HC should have total control over who the assistants are. If he wants to interview current guys fine but TD should stay out of it. We all know his choice of cooridnators suck!

TD is president and GM of the Bills, he is responsible for all pieces of the coaching organization. He should have the right to say yes or no to any candidate for any coaching position. When Wade brought in Ronnie Jones, someone should have said "no way." When Williams brought in that first OC, someone should have said "no way." If TD isn't capable of making that decision then maybe he needs to have his position responsibilities changed. Maybe he shoud head up scouting and marketing and sales? Whatever, but you still need the oversight.

Novacane
11-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by socalfan

I don't think TD will bring in anyone that will require his own staff. I think Pittsburgh was a bitter pill to TD and it will influence his decisions for the rest of his life.

If thats the case than I want him gone too. I happen to think it's not the case but if you are right he should be fired. His job is to bring in the coach that will best help this team win. Not the coach that will be his yes man!

socalfan
11-12-2003, 12:37 PM
If thats the case than I want him gone too. I happen to think it's not the case but if you are right he should be fired. His job is to bring in the coach that will best help this team win. Not the coach that will be his yes man!

I think TD should bring in a GM that will take on that responsibility and TD then should work on marketing and sales as well as player evaluations. I think Modrak should be stepping up to the GM position.