PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Henry

nolimit
11-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Wuld you trade henry to NE for their two first rounders?

I dont know if I would,but it would be tempting.

Any opinions?

PS: this is just a thought , I did not here any rumors of this.

IHateTheDullphins
11-12-2003, 01:37 PM
maybe if we got Tom Brady.

Jan Reimers
11-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Hell no - it would give them one of the major elements that they're lacking: a first class running game.

ArcticWildMan
11-12-2003, 01:41 PM
NEVER, EVER trade a quality player to a division opponent.

Henry in a Pats uni would kill us for years to come.

Trade him to Dallas for their first rounder. They need a stud RB.

Brian Griese Rulz
11-12-2003, 01:46 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat. But NE would never trade 2 1st rounders for Henry.
Maybe a low #1 and a 3rd rounder. If even that.

We won't get a high pick for Henry. He's a average RB.

IHateTheDullphins
11-12-2003, 01:52 PM
He's an average RB. Did you all hear that? Hey, BGR, We are talking about current Bills RB Travis Henry. I don't know who you are talking about. average RB. :cynic:

bobblehead
11-12-2003, 01:54 PM
1) I'm not sure NE would take Henry for a first rounder, much less two. We may think he has overcome the fumblitis, but I'm not sure what other teams think - he did it again in Dallas, even though it amounted to nothing. I'm thinking that if NE wanted a RB, they would look elsewhere.

2) Even if NE did want him, I think sending him there would be crazy talk. I want to think that there are teams with #1 picks, that may end up higher in the draft order than NE's will be, that will want Henry (i.e. Dallas). Besides, I doubt Donahoe would send Henry to an AFC East team.

3) I'm not sure we even entertain Henry for a #1 right now. Are we a better team without Henry next year? Hard to answer that now, but I'm guessing the answer will be no.

4) Actually, I don't see NE giving up one of those pics for anyone, especially to us. Given their success this year, I would bet that they would be content addressing any weaknesses they have in the draft.

venis2k1
11-12-2003, 01:55 PM
I wouldnt trade him this offseason, Cincy will be shopping around CD, who i think will bring a higher price

Brian Griese Rulz
11-12-2003, 01:58 PM
That would be Travis Henry the Bills current starting RB.

Henry is average. He is no way one of the elite backs in the NFL. If the Bills brain trust thought that, they would not have drafted McGahee.

If you think any team is gonna give the Bills a High 1st round pick (Not to mention 2 first rounders) for Henry, your nuts.

IHateTheDullphins
11-12-2003, 02:02 PM
You simply must stop ripping bongs during the day BGR, besides, in reality, I would rather keep him.

Brian Griese Rulz
11-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Henry & McGahee?? Great, Flutie/Johnson 2.

Trade Henry while his stock is up. If we wait another year to trade him, we might as well just cut him because the most you'd get for him is a 4td rounder.

Once McGahee takes over, Henry won't see much action. And his stock will go down.

XNOUGHT
11-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Two 1st rounders!!!

You wish! :lol: :D :D

Here is how it works. The Pats are not going to trade for an RB. As good as Henry is, the most we would give up is a 2nd rounder.

Right now, we have our guns aimed at Kevin Jones, and with the way the Ravens are playing, we have a pretty ####ing good shot.

Kevin Jones is the next Clinton Portis. We would much rather have him to go with our spread offense.

stuckincincy
11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
I wouldnt trade him this offseason, Cincy will be shopping around CD, who i think will bring a higher price

Perhaps. Dillon's out of Cincy I don't think he'll suit up the rest of the B'gals season HC Lewis has already written him off IMO. ....and I don't think he's a big cap problem for a new team, but he's starting to stink ala Carl Pickens. He's decided to be bad news..forget 'em.

I don't think TH is going anywhere. He'll be on the squad nest year.

Idiot Move of the YEAR: Passing up Steinbeck for WMG. Grrrr.

RedEyE
11-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Hold on here.....McGahee hasn't even run a play yet and suddenly we're already to ship Henry out ?

venis2k1
11-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
Right now, we have our guns aimed at Kevin Jones, and with the way the Ravens are playing, we have a pretty ####ing good shot.

they are playing good enough to win that div. your gonna have two late first round picks.

User Manuel
11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
Wuld you trade henry to NE for their two first rounders?

I dont know if I would,but it would be tempting.

Any opinions?

PS: this is just a thought , I did not here any rumors of this.

I would do it in a second.

We drafted McGahee with the thought that HE was our future. If someone stupidly offers two 1sts for Travis I do it immediately.

User Manuel
11-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Hold on here.....McGahee hasn't even run a play yet and suddenly we're already to ship Henry out ?

Yep, that about sums it up. We be 4-5 without Travis.

DraftBoy
11-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Idiot Move of the YEAR: Passing up Steinbeck for WMG. Grrrr.

Idiot Post of the Day, we had to grab a player there and I saw nobody better than Willis at that pick. It isnt like Eric is lighting it up for the Bengals, hes having a solid year on a subpar team. That makes him look better than he is really playing.

RedEyE
11-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Lawesome97

Yep, that about sums it up. We be 4-5 without Travis.

Insane.

XNOUGHT
11-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

they are playing good enough to win that div. your gonna have two late first round picks.

Did you see the Ravens game? The Ravens will win at most 1-2 more games all season.

L.A. Playa
11-12-2003, 05:44 PM
the better trade if you are gonna trade henry is to either the lions or the bears for their first round pick

Stewie
11-12-2003, 06:00 PM
1. There's no way an aging cancer like Corey Dillon is worth more than Travis Henry on the open market.

2. I really hope Buffalo keeps Willis and Travis for at least 1 year. This isn't like Flutie/RJ, these guys don't play quarterback and don't lead the team.

The_Philster
11-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by paulB
1. There's no way an aging cancer like Corey Dillon is worth more than Travis Henry on the open market.

2. I really hope Buffalo keeps Willis and Travis for at least 1 year. This isn't like Flutie/RJ, these guys don't play quarterback and don't lead the team.
And they SEEM to get along...something RJ and Flutie didn't do after that first training camp.

sabreshockey096
11-12-2003, 07:05 PM
i would trade henry only if willis came out of his injury ripping apart nfl defenses and if they trade henry send him to the nfc

tylaw4president
11-13-2003, 05:47 PM
I think Henry is a pretty solid running back, but you're crazy if you think you're getting 2 first rounders for him. The Colts got a 2nd and 5th rounder for Marshall Faulk.

Dozerdog
11-13-2003, 07:54 PM
I'd Kill for 3 first round picks in the 2004 draft- ours, the Ravens, and the Pats.

Ain't gonna happen though.

Billsouth
11-13-2003, 08:27 PM
does anyone remember that we traded teh #9 pick for rob "who really sucks my" johnson. we made that trade after we could have drafted him in rounds 1-4 the year we drafted TODD COLLINS with the 40th pick overall.

the morale of the story is that there is a sucker born everyday.

Doc
11-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT

Did you see the Ravens game? The Ravens will win at most 1-2 more games all season.

LOL! Considering they play each of their AFCN rivals once more, that's 3 guaranteed wins and should be enough to win the division. They also play Oakland, so chalk up a 4th win. Your Pats will be lucky if the draft pick isn't any higher than 22nd overall.

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
the better trade if you are gonna trade henry is to either the lions or the bears for their first round pick
I'm not sure if the Bears will bite. A-Thomas is running pretty well.

The Lions might though, even though they fell flat on their faces for getting Gary from us.

No way we trade ANYONE to the Pats. Ever.

BillsFever
11-15-2003, 12:24 AM
The only way the Patriots would give us two first round picks for Henry is if they felt sorry for robbing us of our 1st round pick for Drew Bledsoe and gave it back to us.

HAMMER
11-15-2003, 02:12 PM
You are all showing a lack of knowledge by even contemplating trading Travis Henry. He is an excellent running back, he is not the reason for our lack of a running game. If Gilbride would utilize him we would be at least two games above .500 I can't believe this! He was fifth in the league last year! God people, McGahee hasn't even touched the field, he is not healthy, and you are ready to blow out a pro bowl RB. McGahee MAY come out next year and look great, but you don't trade away a 1,400 yard rusher for a complete unknown. If Donahoe trades Henry this offseason I will eat my shorts and then I will become a Bronco fan. He is tough, has heart, runs hard, and is not fumbling excessively. The ONLY thing he is missing is game breaking speed. If you think our offense is offensive now, cut Henry and see where we are. What kind of fan gives up on a player like Travis Henry? A dumb one.

User Manuel
11-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by tylaw4president
I think Henry is a pretty solid running back, but you're crazy if you think you're getting 2 first rounders for him. The Colts got a 2nd and 5th rounder for Marshall Faulk.

remember though, Marshall had a HUGE contract number on him, hence the low value, alot of teams figured the Colts were just going to cut him.

Travis is on the hook for 900k next year. That, my friend, is a bargain.

User Manuel
11-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
You are all showing a lack of knowledge by even contemplating trading Travis Henry. He is an excellent running back, he is not the reason for our lack of a running game. If Gilbride would utilize him we would be at least two games above .500 I can't believe this! He was fifth in the league last year! God people, McGahee hasn't even touched the field, he is not healthy, and you are ready to blow out a pro bowl RB. McGahee MAY come out next year and look great, but you don't trade away a 1,400 yard rusher for a complete unknown. If Donahoe trades Henry this offseason I will eat my shorts and then I will become a Bronco fan. He is tough, has heart, runs hard, and is not fumbling excessively. The ONLY thing he is missing is game breaking speed. If you think our offense is offensive now, cut Henry and see where we are. What kind of fan gives up on a player like Travis Henry? A dumb one.

You better start snacking on your shorts then.

User Manuel
11-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Like I said before, we can be under .500 without Travis as easily as we are under .500 with him.

Sabre Ally
11-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
You are all showing a lack of knowledge by even contemplating trading Travis Henry. He is an excellent running back, he is not the reason for our lack of a running game. If Gilbride would utilize him we would be at least two games above .500 I can't believe this! He was fifth in the league last year!

Excellent post, I totally agree. How the heck is Henry supposed to show his stuff if we're passing on 3rd and short every darn time?? He quietly had a great season last year, without getting any real notice from the press. The main thing we need is a new HC and OC.

XNOUGHT
11-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
does anyone remember that we traded teh #9 pick for rob "who really sucks my" johnson. we made that trade after we could have drafted him in rounds 1-4 the year we drafted TODD COLLINS with the 40th pick overall.

the morale of the story is that there is a sucker born everyday.

We are talking about the Bills here. You guys gave up a 1st for Bledsoe and payed 3.5 Million to Milloy.

Apples and Oranges.