PDA

View Full Version : Oh man! Did any of you hear today's press conference?

Michael82
11-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Check it out! :snicker:

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.cfm?cont_id=203093#

Week 11 vs. Houston Texans:
Gregg Williams Press Conference 15:41

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Is there a transcript for that?

Novacane
11-12-2003, 02:50 PM
He knows he is as good as gone. You can hear it in his voice.

Michael82
11-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
He knows he is as good as gone. You can hear it in his voice.

Yeah, right at the beginning of it....he was quiet and seemed stressed and irritated. You gotta wonder what Donahoe or Ralph said to him.... :eek:

TypicalBill
11-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Yeah, right at the beginning of it....he was quiet and seemed stressed and irritated. You gotta wonder what Donahoe or Ralph said to him.... :eek:

it makes me feel much better knowing he likely wont be here anymore next season. I bet Ralph gave it to him :snicker:

:wave: Gregg

RedEyE
11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
I heard the conference and I didn't hear anything eluding to GWs dismissal.

R. Rich
11-12-2003, 03:30 PM
What did he say? More stuff about 'executing' and 'making plays'? I've never heard that stuff before.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2003, 03:34 PM
The press conference is worthless. More politically correct BS. All lip service. :(

WG
11-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
it makes me feel much better knowing he likely wont be here anymore next season. I bet Ralph gave it to him :snicker:

:wave: Gregg

I'd rather have Gilbride gone!

The D is doing fine w/ the talent we have. Could be better and the choice of our money spent for what we got could be argued, but from a coaching perspective it's not bad. We have no DL and given that I'd say that the D coaches are doing OK minimum.

So I'm not sure it's all GW. That's why I say it's more Gilbride, TD's buddy, than it is Williams. Now before you Wy's haters jump all over that, I didn't say I like GW. :D He definitely needs to go. But if Gilbride stays, or worse yet, were to get promoted for some absolutely inane reason of TD's, then I don't think it's gonna matter!

Gilbride is the primary reason why we suck! If the O was even playing to an average level we'd have more wins.

WG
11-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Having said that, I don't think there's an offense in the league playing as poorly as we are now!

And by quite a margin I would guess.

WG
11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
I couldn't connect to it. Maybe they yanked it...

:scared:

Things aren't so "rosy" at OBD!

Novacane
11-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

But if Gilbride stays, or worse yet, were to get promoted for some absolutely inane reason of TD's, then I don't think it's gonna matter!

That ain't gonna happen. Ralph has to know that would cost him thousands of season tickets. He won't let TD keep KG around IMO.

WG
11-12-2003, 04:12 PM
You would think, but why did Ralph even let him hire KG?

That was as obvious as the fact that the sun sets.

The_Philster
11-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
You would think, but why did Ralph even let him hire KG?

That was as obvious as the fact that the sun sets.

Because under Coughlin, Gilbride actually ran a good offense.

Novacane
11-12-2003, 04:15 PM
I think he just trusted TD on it. Now that he's seen KG up close and knows the fans hate the guy he will not be back. Ralphs a business man. He knows we won't stand for that!

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 05:02 PM
WNSA was running clips of the press conference today and when asked about "his happiness with KG's play calling" GW answered, "No comment". That summed it up for me. He doesn't like it and won't/can't change it. In my opinion GW knows he is a lame duck and has quit the team knowing there is no way TD is bringing him back next year.

RedEyE
11-12-2003, 05:11 PM
What I heard was a reporter questioning the play calling and Williams saying something to the effect of <indirect quote> "..Not all the play calling......I'm not going to answer that. Next question.."

mybills
11-12-2003, 05:14 PM
To quote Bledsoe...

"Kevin is extremely smart."

:finfan:

Ebenezer
11-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
What I heard was a reporter questioning the play calling and Williams saying something to the effect of <indirect quote> "..Not all the play calling......I'm not going to answer that. Next question.."

I'm sorry, you were correct. I misquoted. He did say, "next question" not no comment.

RedEyE
11-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I'm sorry, you were correct. I misquoted. He did say, &quot;next question&quot; not no comment.

I'm not questioning your quote. I'm questioning certain individual responses to the overall interpretation of this press conference. People are digging and falsifying evidence in order to show dissemination amongst the coaches. I didn't hear anything eluding to the fact that there was this intense heat being held over Williams shoulders.

What I meant was it sounded as if he started to defend the play calling, but then decided to avoid the question all together. As if saying the question wasn't worth addressing. People start reading into this as if he just called KG a MF'er or he was just "lit up" in TDs office.