PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL#1 Week 4 Recap

lordofgun
10-01-2002, 03:52 PM
<h1>BZFFL#1 Week 4 Recap</h1>
<h3>Ebenezer and the Cows keep on rolling</h3><p><b>Ebenezer - 100<br>Ferdilizers (CalBillsFan) – 73
</b><p>Ebenezer (4-0) stayed undefeated, thanks in part to having the second-least points scored against them so far. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to have Ladanian Tomlinson, who scored a robust 35 points. The Eagles Defense contributed 27. For the Ferdilizers, it was a case of starting the wrong players. No one could blame the Ferdilizers for not starting Stacey Mack AND Fred Taylor. They only started Taylor, but missed out 25 points from his backup. Jerry Rice also had a huge performance on the bench with 20 points. Ebenezer could have been handed a loss with the right roster combination, but It didn’t happen.<p>Outlook: Ebenezer maintains his 2-game lead in the Central, which looks like a runaway. Ferdilizers lose their second straight, and remain in a 3-way first-place quagmire in the West.<p><b>The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) – 84<br>Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 62</b><p>Is it any coincidence that the other undefeated team has had the least amount of points against in the league? The Route 20A Cows (4-0) remained undefeated thanks to solid performances from their QB, Steve McNair, and their RBs, Deuce McAllister and Ricky Williams. All three scored in the high-teens, and the rest of the team finished off Earthquake Zone (1-3). Tom Brady couldn’t overcome a lackluster performance from the rest of the Ezone, as all but one other starter scored in single digits.<p>Outlook: The Cows hold a 1-game lead in the East. Earthquake has lost 2 straight, and fall to 3 games back in the Central.<p><b>Yonkers Platypi Trappers (BF1) - 93<br>Rochester Rampage (Mike32282) – 65</b><p>As the Bills go, so do the Yonkers Platypi Trappers (2-2). Each week the Bills have won, the Trappers have won as well. Bledsoe picked apart the Bears D for yet another 30+ point effort. Travis Henry and Eric Moulds also had great days. The Rochester Rampage (2-2) fell apart! With 5 players scoring 6 points or less, their elite performers couldn’t make up for it.<p>Outlook: Trappers are 2 games out in the east, while the Rampage is in the middle of that 3-way first-place tie in the mediocre West.<p><b>Hart Attack (Don137) - 101
<br>Aero Planes (Aero II) - 97</b><p>Hart Attack (3-1) stayed close to the Cows with a thrilling 4-point squeaker over the Aero Planes (2-2). With Aaron Brooks, Donald Driver, and the Bucs D all scoring in the 20s, the Hart Attack overcame a poor showing from Marshall Faulk, who scored just 11. Aero Planes, the higest-scoring team in the league has had tough luck so far, as they fall to .500 with their second heart-breaking loss. A 32-point performance from Tony Gonzales was wasted in this loss by the Planes.<p>Outlook: Attack is just 1 game in back of the Cows, while the Planes are still a team to be reckoned with. Luckily for the planes, 2-2 puts them as the 3rd team in that tie for first in the west.<p><b>The Mean Sharks (lordofgun) – 73
<br>The Lake Eerie Monsters - 103
</b><p>IT was a one-man show for the Lake Eerie Monsters (2-2) thanks to Shaun Alexander’s unheard of 5-touchdown, 52-point performance. The Monster are now off the schnide, not that that’s hard to do against the lowly Mean Sharks (0-4).<p>Outlook: The monsters are still in contention, as it’s a long season. The Sharks, while mathematically in contention, might as well pack it in now. The Sharks, however, have guaranteed a win this coming week against Earthquake Zone.<p><b>TacklingDummyRJ – 77<br>Clumping Platelets – 93</b><p>Kurt Warner (-2 pts.) continues to destroy TacklingDummyRJ’s (1-3) season. At least he won’t have the chance to continue his terrible play for the next month. A greaty 30-point effort from the Raiders D was squandered thanks to Warner, who could have led TDRJ to a victory. Instead, Clumping Platelets got their first win of the year. 39-points from Rich Gannon lead the way.<p>Outlook: TDRJ is now 3 games back in the central. CP could still be a very dangerous team, because, while they have just one win, they are only 1-game back of the division lead.<p><b>WEEK 5 Game of the week:</b> Clumping Platelets vs. Ebenezer – Why? Because it’s a battle of the capologists!<hr>If the season ended after Monday Night’s game, playoff teams would be:<p>1. Ebenezer (Central)<br>2. The Route 20A Cows (East)<br>3. Aero Planes (West)<br>4. Hart Attack (wild card)<br><p>Teams eliminated from the playoffs: The Mean Sharks (Unofficially)

Earthquake Enyart
10-01-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
The Sharks, however, have guaranteed a win this coming week against Earthquake Zone

:angry: I don't think so.

lordofgun
10-01-2002, 06:56 PM
I'll lay 500 ZBs on it.

clumping platelets
10-01-2002, 11:16 PM
clump :spanku: Ebby

:ontome:

don137
10-02-2002, 12:06 PM
I'll lay 500 ZBs on it.

Wow LOG, this FFL stuff is getting serious. Betting 500 ZB's on it...You are due. If the Lions and Ravens can win then so can your team!!!

Poor LOG:baghead:

lordofgun
10-02-2002, 12:46 PM
He hasn't taken me up on it yet. :shakeno:

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2002, 12:47 PM
I'll lay 500 ZBs on it. :$: You're on.

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Who writes them articles?

lordofgun
10-02-2002, 12:53 PM
I'm not telling.

clumping platelets
10-02-2002, 12:58 PM
I'll put 250 ZB's on LOG's team :)

Anybody take this bet?

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I'll put 250 ZB's on LOG's team :)

Anybody take this bet?

I'll take that one too.

don137
10-02-2002, 07:34 PM
WOW, 750 zone bucks on EE vs LOG...This is now the game of the week. Personally I think it would be more funny to have to loser dress up as a Buffalo Jill while tailgating before a game and do a cheer...I just don't want to witness it...

clumping platelets
10-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Ok!! EE :lol:

clumping platelets
10-02-2002, 10:21 PM
:clap: Let's go Mean Sharks :clap:

lordofgun
10-02-2002, 11:36 PM
WOOHOO!!!

clumping platelets
10-07-2002, 05:32 AM
WEEK 5 Game of the week: Clumping Platelets vs. Ebenezer – Why? Because it’s a battle of the capologists!

:bravo: