X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Mort Says... [Bledsoe/Gilbride]

Joey D. (NYC): Mort, is it just me, or do the Buffalo Bills pass the ball just way too much, especially on first down? It seems that they get themselves in long yardage situations from bad play calling almost every series!! With Travis Henry in the backfield I would think they would depend more on the run, like the team said it was going to do. what's the deal? Is it Gilbride?

Chris Mortensen: From talking to qualified NFL folks who have watch Buffalo tape, they basically agree with you. They believe that the Bills have the talent, that they should be a run-oriented-first offense that takes advantage of Drew Bledsoe's play-action ability. They also think that the protection schemes could be better and that Bledsoe, when protected, is as good as anyone in the NFL. That usually falls on the coordinator, although the head coach has the ultimate authority.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Hmmm...... interesting

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

So the question here would be; Since Donahoe hired Gilbride, does Williams have any true power over his decisions? After all he is the HC. While it probably isn't his call to fire Gilbride, he should at least be able to force some better offensive schemes.

I don't know. It's a coaching carousel...a cluster ****, if you will.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

williams can take over the play calling if he wanted to.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
          New and Improved!!
          • Aug 2003

williams is a PU-55Y so he won't
          Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

for the 1000th time, it doesn't matter if GW can't or won't override KG. If that is the case then he should be removed as coach.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

So how come other QBs in the NFL w/o an Eric Moulds, w/o a Travis Henry, w/ similar, or worse, blocking, are putting up significantly better numbers than Blew?

Are their OCs all brilliant?

HCs all geniuses?

It's funny how those defending Dredsoe cling to any possible shred of hope and/or potential evidence that may somehow vindicate him from any form of responsibility.

And then they still haven't answered the obvious question of "why didn't Blew play better than he is now too last season over the last half when all those same things that Morten says need to be in place were in place, yet Blew still played miserably.

Good questions that the "Support Dredsoe" crowd simply won't, or should I say can't answer.

:)

Short answer fellas:

Mort and a good chunk of the rest of the media are wrong. They've been wrong and have overrated Blew for over a decade now. It is his personal play and mental shortcomings that are indeed a cause for much of the poor play of the team. You can downplay it all you want, but it doesn't change the truth of the matter. You can blame the coaching insofar as it's horrible and deserves as much if not far more heat, but that doesn't vindicate Blew from his share of the responsibility.

AWM, is this the type of "repetitive posting"/thread starting that you referred to earlier? What, everytime some prominent media personality compliments Blew and tries to take the heat off of him you guys like flies jump to it and place it as the "star" on top of your tree.

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

He couldn't call plays even if he tried. So don't even bother going there. TD obviously wants KG in Buffalo, and he wants him calling the plays.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Should I start a Blew counterthread for each one of these begun?

I'm sure that would go over well. Yet, the rest of us are subjected to this "Save the Bledsoe" mentality...

Where's the Chief?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Heck, w/ your mentalities, you don't even blame Blew for all of the throws in the dirt, over, under, behind, etc.

As if those have to do w/ anyone but him.

INTs, stupid fumbles due to holding onto the ball like a rookie.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• sabreshockey096
                      • Oct 2003

gw and kg suck the need to be fired the play calling pisses me off for example i would see a 3rd and 15 for buffalo and they do a wr screen which is pointless
                      http://www.myspace.com/krixside

Comment

• LarryBoy
                        The world needs a hero!
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        So how come other QBs in the NFL w/o an Eric Moulds, w/o a Travis Henry, w/ similar, or worse, blocking, are putting up significantly better numbers than Blew?

Short answer fellas:

Mort and a good chunk of the rest of the media are wrong. They've been wrong and have overrated Blew for over a decade now. It is his personal play and mental shortcomings that are indeed a cause for much of the poor play of the team. You can downplay it all you want, but it doesn't change the truth of the matter. You can blame the coaching insofar as it's horrible and deserves as much if not far more heat, but that doesn't vindicate Blew from his share of the responsibility.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, so the everyones wrong and your right. By the way, theres an edit button so you dont have to string 5 posts in a row.
                        Bills Rock!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Just wondering...How the heck is this thread a Pro-Bledsoe thread?
                          It appears, to me, that this is an anit-KG/GW thread.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                            Just wondering...How the heck is this thread a Pro-Bledsoe thread?
                            It appears, to me, that this is an anit-KG/GW thread.

Just ignore it. I'm going to from now on.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone

Just ignore it. I'm going to from now on.
                              I'll give you a week
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X