PDA

View Full Version : Grapes had a good point

Twistmyarm
11-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Don Cherry had a good point about us fans showing up for the games if we want Galisano to be able to keep putting money into the Sabres, so how many games have you made this year?

Me personally, I hate to say only four so far, but I think, especially with lower ticket pricecs I am going to try and make more, this is the first year I haven't at least had a ten pack, so maybe it's time to suck it up, stop *****ing and go support OUR team.

just my 2 cents

Dozerdog
11-12-2003, 09:00 PM
:up:

I live in massachusettes, and made a preseason game. I'd go Friday if I could get out of work - It's 2 fer 1 night I guess

pyrrhonist
11-12-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm all the way in California, so I haven't made any games. Sorry. But Grapes was right----The fans have to show up to the games. There is no reason for not showing up, the team is a decent one. It's not like we're Pittsburgh, or the Panthers. :up:

Twistmyarm
11-13-2003, 06:59 AM
not one reply from anyone in this city...I'm sorry but that is pretty pathetic.

Hell the Rochester fans were more into it last night than any of the four games I've been to this year!

SkateZilla
11-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
I'm all the way in California, so I haven't made any games. Sorry. But Grapes was right----The fans have to show up to the games. There is no reason for not showing up, the team is a decent one. It's not like we're Pittsburgh, or the Panthers. :up:

Panthers Whooped Tampa Bay 4-0

Betters say least we aint Pittsburg or Carolina.. :)

clumping platelets
11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Ebenezer and I share seasons with a few people. We have 8 games this year. Our first, and only game so far, was Rob Ray's appreciation night vs Wild. Our next isn't until late December

fushetti
11-13-2003, 08:46 AM
keepdasabes, 4 games this early in the season is phenomenal. Other than season ticket holders, I don't think youre going to get a normal joe sabres fan to attend 4 out of 6 home (in buffalo) games, like you have. The fact of the matter is, October games during the week at home aren't big draws. They never have been. Now that the Bills went down the crapper, attendance will pick up.

As for myself, I went to the preseason game and i attended last friday's game vs Montreal. I have 5 more games left on my six pack.

Sabre Ally
11-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Between two jobs and two graduate classes, I haven't had enough time to sleep, let alone do anything fun. Once the semester is over I will go to some games. :up:

clumping platelets
11-13-2003, 09:51 AM
slacker :shakeno:

Sabre Ally
11-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Why do I even bother to post? All I get is abuse when I do. :idunno:

fushetti
11-13-2003, 10:04 AM
awwwwwwww sabreally. At least you still live in Buffalo.

Myers57
11-13-2003, 02:44 PM
I am attempting to go to the Kings game in February...

I can't afford tickets because I am a minor and never have transportation all the way up to Buffalo...

The February game will be the first weekend game after my 17th birthday and I am driving up with some friends to celebrate my ability to drive after 9.

JD
11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I went to the Montreal game and Ill probably goto at least 5 more throughout the season. Im doing my part. Why cant other step up?

JD
11-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Whoa hey fushetti, where did you sit? I was in like the 2nd row of 305.
I was wearing 3rd Jersey(nothing on back) :( my girlfriend was wearing the red practice jersey with about 25 sigs on it.

I know you probably dont remember or never seen us, but I thought I'd give you the info anyways.

JD
11-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Prices are too damn high as well for lower levels. And another problem is that people of Buffalo MOVE away from the city and they cant make it to games anymore, thats the real problem.

qcsabresfan84
11-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla

Betters say least we aint Pittsburg or Carolina.. :)

You'd be surprised how big the Canes are in Raleigh. After going to the cup finals the fan base really picked up there. I'm in Charlotte where only about one in a thousand people have even heard of the hurricanes, but in Raleigh they seem to like them.

fushetti
11-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
Whoa hey fushetti, where did you sit? I was in like the 2nd row of 305.
I was wearing 3rd Jersey(nothing on back) :( my girlfriend was wearing the red practice jersey with about 25 sigs on it.

I know you probably dont remember or never seen us, but I thought I'd give you the info anyways.

JD,
I sit in 314 row 7 seats 5,6. My next games are during the xmas week. I think the day after xmas and new years eve. I got games for the times i'd be back home in Buffalo.

I hate being out here in Albany. Theres no Identity here.