PDA

View Full Version : Expect blitz from the Texans

shelby
11-13-2003, 04:33 AM
Bills guard Ruben Brown has a good idea what to expect from the Houston Texans: The blitz.

``Count on it,'' Brown said Wednesday as Buffalo (4-5) prepares for Sunday's game against Houston (3-6).

Brown made his prediction not only because Texans coach Dom Capers is noted for the zone blitz, but it's also clear that recent opponents have been successful in rattling quarterback Drew Bledsoe.

full story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-blitz&prov=ap&type=lgns)

i hope the OL has been busy with blocking drills this week.:cynic:

Stewie
11-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Sweet. Maybe we can teach our starting center how to snap 4 yards downfield and not be the laughingstock of the league (well, maybe 2nd to Butch Davis right now)

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-13-2003, 08:24 AM
What a genious!!! Why didn't anyone else think of that?

NO S Sherlock!!!

IHateTheDullphins
11-13-2003, 08:31 AM
We should give Tucker a shot. Can't be worse than "can't snap" Teague.

Mr. Miyagi
11-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Naaaaah. Blitz? No way. Really? I would've never guessed.

caveboy
11-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Bigger problem in that story is that GW and Drew are obviously honed in on making 'the big play'. Looks like they will sacrifice all else until they make one.

Another point in that article is that they are convinced teams that blitz will pay if you take advantage of their single coverage. Maybe, but my guess is that they will still come even if you hit one or two big plays downfield.

Then, teams adjust to double Moulds, Drew still tries to throw to him, and KG still won't turn to the run in that case.

Damn, Even Daryl Lamonica didn't throw this much.

;-p