PDA

View Full Version : What's a struggling QB's best friend?

NC-BILLS44
11-13-2003, 08:41 AM
A RUNNING GAME!!!!!!

IHateTheDullphins
11-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Apparently DillBride isn't aware of that.

juice
11-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Apparently DillBride isn't aware of that.

COWARD

Mr. Miyagi
11-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Duh.

Jan Reimers
11-13-2003, 09:22 AM
You're right, NC, the running game should lead to some play action, which Drew is very good at. But even when we run the ball effectively, we use very little play action.

The shot gun is also a pressured QB's friend, but GW has admitted that Teague can't execute it. A big blocking FB like Sam Gash is also a comfort against the blitz, but he is seldom used in a blocking role.

An effective O line is also a help. But we don't have one.

I guess Drew has few "friends" on this team.

NC-BILLS44
11-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
You're right, NC, the running game should lead to some play action, which Drew is very good at. But even when we run the ball effectively, we use very little play action.

The shot gun is also a pressured QB's friend, but GW has admitted that Teague can't execute it. A big blocking FB like Sam Gash is also a comfort against the blitz, but he is seldom used in a blocking role.

An effective O line is also a help. But we don't have one.

I guess Drew has few "friends" on this team.

I would have to agree.

I thought Gash was brought in to block.

Did the Bills ever use the shotgun against Dallas? I can't remember them using it.

NC-BILLS44
11-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Why didn't they use Gash more against the small LBs of Dallas? You would think that that would be a place where the Bills could get an advantage.

IHateTheDullphins
11-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Why didn't they use Gash more against the small LBs of Dallas? You would think that that would be a place where the Bills could get an advantage.

Once again, DillBride doesn't acknowledge the fact that we have one of the best blocking FBs in the league. He likes to use him as a wideout.

R. Rich
11-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
I would have to agree.

I thought Gash was brought in to block.

Did the Bills ever use the shotgun against Dallas? I can't remember them using it.

I can't really fault Gash that much. Have you seen how quickly defenders are into the backfield, even on running plays? Gash engages blockers about 3 yards in the backfield! You're not going anywhere doing that.

juice
11-13-2003, 11:15 AM
This Offense is self destructive, starting with the OC, including the starters and ending with the coaching staff"O" line coach and head coach. ACC COUNTRY

Historian
11-13-2003, 12:21 PM
This particular struggling quarterback was at his best when he had Ben Coates as a dump off man. They need to get the TEs back into the offense as well.

juice
11-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
This particular struggling quarterback was at his best when he had Ben Coates as a dump off man. They need to get the TEs back into the offense as well.

Maybe that or the lost art of the screen to Henry might help some of those stalling drives they're stacking 8 in tha box. ACC COUNTRY