• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Marty and Flutie made for each other

No one should be surprised that a QB controversy torched San Diego's promising football season. That's about all Flutie has been good for ever since he rejoined the NFL after winning several meaningless Grey Cups and MVP awards in Canada. Flutie fools NFL coaches, teammates and fans into believing he's the answer, and then accomplishes very little. He's never won an NFL playoff game. The guy is too short and his arm is too weak to ever amount to a modern Fran Tarkenton.

Flutie is the journeyman, 7-foot NBA center, a la Joe Kleine. The NBA doesn't give up on 7-foot stiffs, and the NFL refuses to give up on Flutie. He has an intangible that you can't coach. He's so cute and cuddly and loveable that he sells jerseys almost as fast as Michael Jordan. Slap Flutie and the No. 7 on the back of a team jersey and watch 'em fly off the shelves.

Steve Grogan and Tony Eason were Flutie victims in New England. Flutiemania sabotaged Rob Johnson in Buffalo.

Doug Flutie is fool's gold. Marty Schottenheimer is a QB killer. That's a bad combo for San Diego.
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever
    Flutiemania sabotaged Rob Johnson in Buffalo.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/whitlock/031113.html
    The only person that sabotaged RJ, was RJ himself.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by zone

The only person that sabotaged RJ, was RJ himself.
      My personal h*ll would be living in a house sandwiched between Flutie and Pete Rose, with Terrel Owens and Bill Romanoski across the street. And Shockey around the corner.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

That is a very true article. He will shine every once in a while, but then it's back to the crapper. He is the best back-up in the game, he is quite possibly one of the worst starters though. I know he started Sunday and lit it up but two things will happen very quickly.
        1. Teams game plan him and shut him right down (see the second half of the 98' season when our offense averaged 11 points a game, although right now that doesn't look so bad!)
        2. His arm and legs will go dead after a few starts, he is just too small for the NFL.

Besides all this, he always manages to be in the eye of the storm, not good for team chemistry. AJ Smith has got his hands full for sure. Personally, if my team were 1-7 and my QB was young and struggling I would let him play his way out of it, or not. Flutie is not your future and you will have to make a decision on Brees for good. AJ Smith is the one that needs to make that call because Marty will do whatever he has to to win, self preservation!

Comment

• DrewBledsoeDynasty
          • Sep 2003

well hammer, i guess teams dont always figure out ways to shut QB's down.... if i do say so myself they're doing an excellent job week in week out at embarassing Drew Bledsoe, who which byt he way is a 6'4' dud making everyone believe hes a stud.

Flutie has something that most QB's don't have and thats knowing how to win...... and you can't teach that in developing a young QB, you either have it or you don't.... as for that article, it is where it belongs, on page 2 of ESPN...

Flutie has been disgraced by NFL coaches since the mid 80's... yet hes still in the league.....you know me and a friend of mine who is a bills fan have had this discussion for years now....... he was a big flutie supporter, just like all of you are.... you guys bought the flutie flakes and sported the coveted #7..... and then one day when Ralph Wilson told you Rob Johnson was the better guy for a game against Tennessee, which Flutie would have won easily, you turned your back on flutie and put your support into a dud.

Everyone was saying that this conversation was old and in the past.... but as soon as this fine QB has a breakout day, everyone brings on the hate.... all of a sudden its not in the past. IMO, thats bull****.... i'd die to have him right now as my pivot, but even if buffalo begged he wouldn't come back.....and rightly so.

Hes a winner and RJ is a loser...... RJ might have a ring but he didnt earn it...... a Califronia DUD who'll be playing for the Toronto Argos next season, facing flutie and the TI CATS. So rest assured that if the bills keep up their losing ways, all of their stadium fanbase, whcih mostly lies in SouthWestern Ontario will watch the circus act called the CFL instead of the disgrace called the buffalo bills.
          Last edited by DrewBledsoeDynasty; 11-14-2003, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X