PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on WEEI Radio

Dozerdog
11-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Heard Peter King on the Radio today talking with Dale Arnold and Bob Neumier on the radio. Lots of good tidbits-

Peter King on the Bills- Still likes the defense, thinks they are top shelf. Thinks the offensive woes belong to Gillbride's use of Bledsoe, Bledsoe himself, his ignoring Henry, and Reed's inability to be that second threat. "He lacks the ability to gain seperation"

On Gregg Williams- - Says people in Buffalo want his head on a platter- compared Buffalo Bills fans with Red Sox fans - if the team is not winning then the fan base beleives "Everyone sucks"
(I completely agree with him on that one- seeing both up close)

PK on TD- Still gives him high marks.
On letting Peerless Price go- Said TD made the right decision. Was he going to pay franchise money for a #2 WR? Or spread it out and get Spikes, Adams, Milloy- Says he made the right call.

On Milloy- Is convinced he had been negotiating with the Redskins prior to his release from the Pats- a clear tampering violation. He says it came from Milloy himself. Only after Milloy realized the tampering problems, did he vehimently deny it. The NFL has no smoking gun, and barring a deathbed confession from any of the parties involved- can't do much as far as sanctions.

On Tom Coughlin- King beleives he will end up in New York with the Giants- thinks most players hate him as a coach but most owners love his style. Wayne Hizuenga(sp) of Miami also would be interested in him.

On Pitt WR Fitzpatrick- Thinks if he was in this year's draft- would be a top 5 pick- and some NFL personnel people rank him as the #1 guy in college right now- ahead of Roy Williams. Also thinks there is a good possibility he will be in this season's draft. The family is manuvering to see if his one year at a Military School would make him elligible. Also depends if Maurice Clarrett fights and wins to get in the draft.

It was a great interview- I hear a lot of sports radio in my travels out of New York, Boston, and ESPN, - Not a huge fan of his columns but as far as a radio interview- he's got tons of insight.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Great wrap up. Thanks for the info dozer.

Mr. Miyagi
11-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Very juicy. Thanks Doz.

In fact I agree with EVERYTHING he said in that interview, and mostly everything he writes on his MMQB column.

PK is the man.

Patrick76777
11-14-2003, 09:02 AM
He was on WGR on Wed. and they were asking him which 4-5 teams are still alive.

He said the Bills were alive because any team with a defense playing as well as ours can make a run.