• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

I am a little confused here

First of all. Why does Travis get a free pass from the people here. He has been far less than impressive this whole season. I log him under the "BIG DISAPPOINTMENT" category of this season.

Granted alot is NOT his fault, the schemes, play calls, etc. but he has been far from spectacular this season. His production has been abysmal, except late in games where we have been getting thumped. Sure he was OK last week, but we needed better than OK. He got outperformed by ADRIAN MURRELL, Yes, that ADRIAN MURRELL. Regardless of the offense, T. Henry gets paid to produce and produce he hasn't.

Has he gotten a tough,critical yard on 3rd down yet this year? His lack of ability to do so, offensive line non-withstanding, is one of the reasons our Offense reeks.

Think of Curtis Martin, he has played with trash in front of him for alot of his Jets career, but he seems to be able to churn out the yards. There is no excuse.

I have got news for everyone here. Willis was drafted for one reason, because TD DOES NOT believe that Travis is the guy.

Henry is on the hook for 900k if I read correctly, his value will NEVER be higher. We should all hope for a GM somewhere to have a panic attack and give up a #1. How bout them Raiders?

I am sorry if I offended all the TH apologists out there, but...

That is the way it is.

• Sabre Ally
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lawesome97

Has he gotten a tough,critical yard on 3rd down yet this year? His lack of ability to do so, offensive line non-withstanding, is one of the reasons our Offense reeks.

That'd be kinda hard to do since we never bother to give him the ball on 3rd down.

Comment

• User Manuel
      • Nov 2003

Obviously, Gilbride and GW have no faith in him or they would put the ball in his hands. Of course, there is a 1-10 chance of him making a critical fumble also.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Obviously, Gilbride and GW have no faith in him or they would put the ball in his hands. Of course, there is a 1-10 chance of him making a critical fumble also.
        Gilbride and GW are a pair of idiots..that's why they don't put the ball in his hands. Gilbride is addicted to the pass.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• User Manuel
          • Nov 2003

That maybe, but have you been at all satisfied with Henry this year?

I have not.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

That maybe, but have you been at all satisfied with Henry this year?

I have not.
            when he's gotten the ball I have
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

when he's gotten the ball I have
              Ditto
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• User Manuel
                • Nov 2003

Hmm, that surprises me.

I think your so tied up in hating Gilbride(who deserves it!) that you are ignoring the obvious.

Then again, maybe it is me.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

When he gets the ball and the line blocks for him, he runs well. I like that in a RB myself.

Comment

• User Manuel
                    • Nov 2003

Let me be more to the point. I don't think Travis has maximized the limited oppourtinities he has been afforded.

I expect my RB to make a few things happen, even when the line is less than impressive.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

WHEN he gets the ball, he puts his heart into it. Saved this teams sorry ass a few times too while he was at it. It sounds to me like you just can't wait for Willis. If they're smart, you'll be waiting a few more weeks.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• User Manuel
                        • Nov 2003

You may have hit the target.

I guess I am a "Travis Hata!"

Oh, well. As they said in Brooklyn. Wait till next year.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Besides, how many fumbles does he have this year, one? Better than last year! Drew has fumbled more than Travis, yet they still won't run the ball!
                          Last edited by mybills; 11-15-2003, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                            Besides, how many fumbles does he have this year, one? Better than last year! Drew has fumbled more than Travis, yet they still won't run the ball!
                            How many more carries did he have last year at this point in the season as compared to this year though?

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally

How many more carries did he have last year at this point in the season as compared to this year though?
                              Because they don't give it to him as much?
                              or
                              Because he's blowing his opportunities?

This topic is a big circle. It has a slash through it over laying the offensive coaching!

(period)

Comment

Working...
                              X