PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry - cracked fibula

JJamezz
11-16-2003, 04:36 PM
No link, but heard in on WNSA...

The way he limped off the field, he obviously was shot up in the locker room - does anyone else think it's a bit irresponsible (putting it kindly), to put him back out on the field when they were fully aware of this???

stuckincincy
11-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
No link, but heard in on WNSA...

The way he limped off the field, he obviously was shot up in the locker room - does anyone else think it's a bit irresponsible (putting it kindly), to put him back out on the field when they were fully aware of this???

Not for egomaniacs like KW.

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 04:39 PM
It is absolutely terrible to let him go out and play, it can only get worse! This whole ****** staff of coaches medical personel all ****** suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
11-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Is he out for the season now? Doesn't that just leave the door WIDE OPEN for McGahee?

JJamezz
11-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah, now we can bring him in before he's ready and endanger HIS career... :angry:

ArcticWildMan
11-16-2003, 04:56 PM
If our staff played him and knew about this injury, it is grounds to be immediately fired.

shelby
11-16-2003, 04:57 PM
:angry: McGahee. He is not our salvation. Henry is a solid RB who has been ridiculously underutilized.
Yes, it was irresponsible to let him play if they were aware of the extent of his injuries.
:madcurse:

Typ0
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
If our staff played him and knew about this injury, it is grounds to be immediately fired.

haven't we been finding grounds for immediately fired for weeks?

JJamezz
By the way, its a 'cracked' fibula - my bad on the terminology - I'm assuming a crack is sort of like a 'partial' break (if that makes any sense)?

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 04:58 PM

Well they must have taken an x-ray seeing they know it's broken. What is wrong with this whole ****** team!? Ahhhhhhhhh:confused: :eek:

ArcticWildMan
11-16-2003, 04:58 PM
LOL!! True.

JJamezz
11-16-2003, 05:01 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (Nov. 16, 2003) -- Bills running back Travis Henry cracked a bone in his lower right leg, yet continued to play in Buffalo's 12-10 loss to Houston.

Coach Gregg Williams wouldn't provide the full extent of the injury, and didn't rule Henry out of next week's game against Indianapolis.

"We'll take it day by day," Williams said.

It was a remarkable performance for Henry, who finished with 23 carries for 149 yards rushing, with 10 of those carries and 34 yards coming after cracking his fibula.

Henry was injured after a 3-yard run up the middle inside the Texans' 10. It appeared linebacker Jay Foreman rolled up on the back of Henry's leg when he was down.

Henry had to be helped off the field, and was carted off for tests. He returned for the start of the third quarter.

ArcticWildMan
11-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Considering they rushed Moulds back early and aggrevated his groin injury, I'm not at all surprised they would let Henry play with a cracked bone.

If I was Henry, I'd tell GW to go :angry: himself until the injury was fully healed.

iceblizzard69
11-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Aren't the Bills going to get rid of Henry anyway? This doesn't surprise me that they would treat a guy they plan on getting rid of like ****. I can't believe that they wouldn't even rule him out for next week. Isn't a cracked fibula something that should keep Henry out for the season?

I used to think Dave Wannstedt was the worst coach in the league, but he isn't. Gregg Williams is.

Turf
11-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Geez, why don't we put him in a freakin leg cast and let him run. Then we can have a center that can't snap shotgun, who BTW was signed to be a tackle, and a running back with a broken leg.

ajsdx
11-16-2003, 05:43 PM
How bad is it to play on a cracked fibula? I know anatomically that the only purpose of the fibula is to relieve pressure from the important lower leg bone, the tibia, during stress (i.e. the fibula breaks first so the tibia won't). I assume that the only bad thing about playing on a cracked or broken fibula is the pain and hesitation that accompanies it. Therefore, not career threatening. Or am I completely off my rocker?

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ajsdx
How bad is it to play on a cracked fibula? I know anatomically that the only purpose of the fibula is to relieve pressure from the important lower leg bone, the tibia, during stress (i.e. the fibula breaks first so the tibia won't). I assume that the only bad thing about playing on a cracked or broken fibula is the pain and hesitation that accompanies it. Therefore, not career threatening. Or am I completely off my rocker?

Your right it's not a weight bearing bone bone but it isn't going to heal if he continues to run on it.

Valerie
11-16-2003, 05:51 PM
WOW! I'm shocked! I can't believe this bumbling group of idiots would put an injured man back on the field! One game isn't worth his CAREER!

I wasn't impressed with bringing Moulds back for the Chiefs game either. I thought it was too soon and frankly, because the Chiefs are such a good team, I didn't think the Bills were going to win that game with or without Moulds. I would've been perfectly happy to have him sit that game out.

G. Host
11-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Geez, why don't we put him in a freakin leg cast and let him run. Then we can have a center that can't snap shotgun, who BTW was signed to be a tackle, and a running back with a broken leg.

He made a shotgun snap this game. Are you happy?

HenryRules
11-16-2003, 05:54 PM
A cracked fibula is nothing ... i broke mine when i was a kid and the doctor's basically said that as soon as I got over the pain, there was no problem with me playing with it.

I have no problem at all with a professional athlete playing with that injury.

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
A cracked fibula is nothing ... i broke mine when i was a kid and the doctor's basically said that as soon as I got over the pain, there was no problem with me playing with it.

I have no problem at all with a professional athlete playing with that injury.

Umm so he can get hit in that leg again and againn and nothing will happen right?! Bruises can heal on a faster pace than bones do!

HenryRules
11-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Umm so he can get hit in that leg again and againn and nothing will happen right?! Bruises can heal on a faster pace than bones do!

Playing with a cracked fibula is the basically the same thing as a lineman playing with a broken finger ... if the pain is not bothering him, there's no long-term health issues to worry about and the injury will not affect his performance.

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Wait a minute Philip Crosby got put on IR for having a broken Fibula so there is more to it than just a pain threshhold.

DraftBoy
11-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Broken is diffrent then cracked, I cracked my collarbone, my finger, and my pelvis and they cant do anything but say take it easy and as soon as the pain goes away have fun again. Remeber McNabb went out last season on his ankle again after they had taken X-Rays and I cant remeber his ankle was broken or just cracked. Travis is the only who can say whether it hurts or not. If it were me and I had McGahee waiting for a shot Id take a cortizone shot and play like he did. The coaching staff made the smart play limiting him to only 10 second half carries.

DraftBoy
11-16-2003, 06:06 PM
A crack also is not through the bone, its only cracked to a paticular depth in the bone. So really taking a hit on it wont stop the healing process because the bone is still whole not at all seperated by any means.

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
A crack also is not through the bone, its only cracked to a paticular depth in the bone. So really taking a hit on it wont stop the healing process because the bone is still whole not at all seperated by any means.

You are correct. We just don't know how serious it is.

DraftBoy
11-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Nobody does b.c the only one who can say anything is Travis and you think hes gonna give Willis the slightest shot to snag his starting job from him??

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Well I really don' think Willis is ready and don't wan thim to play this season especially seeing how bad we are playing that would just bring the season to an even worse ending.

JJamezz
11-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Thanks ajsdx, HenryRules & Winfield_26, that was really the intention of this thread - I wasn't sure how serious an injury this is.

I still question them putting him back in a half an hour after it 'cracked', especially the way he game off the field at half time, but I feel a little better about it now.

DraftBoy
11-16-2003, 06:39 PM
No doubt it was a dumb@$$ thing to do but it wont hurt him long term either.

ArcticWildMan
11-16-2003, 06:41 PM
One thing is for sure...Travis just increased his worth in the eyes of other teams! How many players would come back in the game with a cracked bone???

Talk about a player with some grit!! :up:

Typ0
11-16-2003, 06:44 PM
he was awesome today trying to help us win (again) too...there is no question TH is a total stud. I only hope he hasn't decreased the lenght of his career playing on this pathetic offense.

ArcticWildMan
11-16-2003, 06:47 PM
If I was Travis, I'd tell my agent that I want out of Buffalo no matter who I am traded to.

The guy is a warrior and we are just plain wasting his talent. I'd rather see him go elsewhere and be a star than stay here and be misused.

RedEyE
11-16-2003, 06:58 PM
If I was Travis, I'd tell my agent that I want out of Buffalo no matter who I am traded to.

The guy is a warrior and we are just plain wasting his talent. I'd rather see him go elsewhere and be a star than stay here and be misused.

I think we should keep him!! A good coach will see his potential and worth. Formulate a team around Henry rather then Bledsoe. God knows the line prefers it that way.

ArcticWildMan
11-16-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you, but what do we do with McGahee then? Travis is not going to play another season with McGahee breathing down his neck (I know I wouldn't).

mybills
11-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
Yeah, now we can bring him in before he's ready and endanger HIS career... :angry:

Exactly! :sadwalk:

mush69
11-16-2003, 07:22 PM
PATHETIC

The_Philster
11-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
haven't we been finding grounds for immediately fired for weeks?
almost 2 months, it seems like

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Aren't the Bills going to get rid of Henry anyway? This doesn't surprise me that they would treat a guy they plan on getting rid of like ****.
They'd be idiots to get rid of him. The guy leaves it all on the field every game. He belongs in Buffalo.

Originally posted by RedEyE
I think we should keep him!! A good coach will see his potential and worth. Formulate a team around Henry rather then Bledsoe. God knows the line prefers it that way.
And so do the fans. :mad: