• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Ralph wanted Gilbride fired last week

Adam(Buffalo): Tom, do you think the Bills coaching staff should be fired or is it their personel to blame for these awful couple of weeks?

Tom Jackson: (5:11 PM ET ) I'll just say this. I bet that Kevin Gilbride is fired this week. Les Steckel could be calling their plays next week. Gilbride is the offensive coordinator there and Ralph Wilson wanted to fire him last week.
    ESPN Chat

I think odds have gone up.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Ralph wanted Gilbride fired last week

Originally posted by G. Host

ESPN Chat

I think odds have gone up.
    Please lord where art though?!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Ya know what though, as much as its a pleasure to hear, there's also the 'too little, too late' aspect...

If it does indeed happen, which I tend to think it finally will (if only to placate the irate fans), I almost feel like what's the :angry: point? After the Jet game, or even at the bye, we had a chance to salvage the season - now we don't.

If TD pulls the plug now, it makes him look like more of a fool than he would have earlier in the season, which by my estimation is exactly what he was trying to avoid by waiting so long in the first place - ironic, isn't it?

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I hear you JJ but we have to do something or the players will completely quit and that will be a disaster for next year!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% for it - hell, if I could go up there and help him pack his belongings, I would - but I just think its another slap in the face for the fans. Seems like TD's ego got in the way for too long, and now the season is a wash.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
            Don't get me wrong, I am 100% for it - hell, if I could go up there and help him pack his belongings, I would - but I just think its another slap in the face for the fans. Seems like TD's ego got in the way for too long, and now the season is a wash.
            I'm not sure if TD has an ego or just hoped things would turn around IMO.:)

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Ya know what though, as much as its a pleasure to hear, there's also the 'too little, too late' aspect...

If it does indeed happen, which I tend to think it finally will (if only to placate the irate fans), I almost feel like what's the :angry: point? After the Jet game, or even at the bye, we had a chance to salvage the season - now we don't.

If TD pulls the plug now, it makes him look like more of a fool than he would have earlier in the season, which by my estimation is exactly what he was trying to avoid by waiting so long in the first place - ironic, isn't it?
              I hate to break the news to you but making a move like that at any time once training camp has started is not a way to salvage a season...it's a way to admit you have given up.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Typ0

I hate to break the news to you but making a move like that at any time once training camp has started is not a way to salvage a season...it's a way to admit you have given up.
                No they have given up on GW and KG not the players.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I think we can safely give up now

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    I'm not sure if TD has an ego or just hoped things would turn around IMO.:)
                    So you're the one who voted for the first choice on the front page poll...

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

No they have given up on GW and KG not the players.
                      yeah but you don't change the high level direction of the organization like that in the middle of the game....

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

So you're the one who voted for the first choice on the front page poll...
                        ?? What poll? Give me a link. I doubt I voted for whatever it is. I'm just saying he had confidence in the staff to turn things around and theyhave disappointed him. Now is th etime to show the the wraith now though!:)

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

yeah but you don't change the high level direction of the organization like that in the middle of the game....
                          What high level were GW and KG coaching this year? :)

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I disagree - over the last 6 weeks, more than one player has made it known that they weren't pleased with the playcalling - if anything KEEPING Gilbride around was giving up - it was clearly a move to save face as opposed to one for the betterment of the team.

And it would have been enough to strip him of his playcalling duties if they did not want to fire him. There are no excuses. Any idiot could see this season was going down the toilet by the bye week.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

on the front page man, there's a new poll every week - in the right hand column

Comment

Working...
                              X