PDA

View Full Version : Another good game for the D

DraftBoy
11-16-2003, 08:18 PM
D came up to play well again today. Im telling you all now not to be surprised if we give Gray a long look as our new HC. Just my thoughts.

The Spaz
11-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Nooooooooooo! We already have a supposed defensive guru here as coach. I want an offensive minded common sense type of guy!:)

BAM
11-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Agree totally! Another great game for our defense. They were putting a lot of pressure on their QBs there for a while. Man why can't we have both the O&D show up for once!

I was also glad to see Winfield finally get a pick :up:

Dozerdog
11-16-2003, 10:16 PM
No freakin' way- Grey floundered until someone who knew what he was doing, LeBeau- came in. With that in mind, I don't want either coach as the HC except if it were an interim job until the end of the season

HenryRules
11-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Nooooooooooo! We already have a supposed defensive guru here as coach. I want an offensive minded common sense type of guy!:)

Agreed ... the best HC's always seem to be ones that are capable of taking over an offense - thus we need to get someone with an offensive background.

DraftBoy
11-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
No freakin' way- Grey floundered until someone who knew what he was doing, LeBeau- came in. With that in mind, I don't want either coach as the HC except if it were an interim job until the end of the season

Anybody would flounder last year with our POS D. Cant blame him for lack or personell. I think hes done a damn good job as DC, and would give him first crack at the HC job. You know TD has to interview him for the job.

The Spaz
11-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

Anybody would flounder last year with our POS D. Cant blame him for lack or personell. I think hes done a damn good job as DC, and would give him first crack at the HC job. You know TD has to interview him for the job.

He has to look at "a" minority candidate it doesn't have to be Gray!

DraftBoy
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Wanna bet on it??

ArcticWildMan
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Grey can stay as our D coordinator, I'm fine with that. No way is he ready to run this team.

Give me a coach that has previous experience running a team.

The_Philster
11-17-2003, 03:21 AM
No way in hell.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2003, 04:22 AM
gray may have saved his job but we don't need him as a HC.

stuckincincy
11-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

LeBeau stepped in in CIN after Coslet quit in '01. He won some, moltly end-of-season clean-up games, but LeBeau's personality doesn't fit a HC mold. I suppose he would work as an interim - he certainly understands (who doesn't?) that 3rd and short is not a 100 percent passing down. Sad to say that that would be a quantum leap.